Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 98 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

18.10.2019 08:14
Penske and even after Pagenaud. Antworten

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- All-American guard Kelsey Mitchell had 18 points to lead four Ohio State players in double figures and the No. 7 Buckeyes beat Duquesne 89-69 on Friday in the opener for both teams.Stephanie Mavunga had 15 points and 14 rebounds for the Buckeyes in her first game since transferring from North Carolina. Sierra Calhoun, a Duke transfer, had 13 points and Shayla Cooper 12.Mitchell, an AP first-team selection in 2016 as a sophomore and a second team member in 2015, was third in the nation last season when she averaged 26.1 points.Chassidy Omogrosso led the Dukes with 17 points. Julijana Vojinovic had 16 and Amadea Szamosi 13.Mitchell only scored seven points in the first half. She played 34 minutes and went 6 of 17 from the field and 2 of 9 on 3-pointers.The Buckeyes led 46-26 at the half and increased the lead to 55-29 midway through the third quarter. Duquesne went on a 12-2 run to make it 57-41, but Ohio State got a basket by Cooper and two more by Mitchell to build the lead to 63-42 with 2:30 left in the third.Mavunga is a redshirt junior transfer from North Carolina who was first team All-ACC in 2014-15 for the Tar Heels when she averaged 14.4 points and 9.6 rebounds as a sophomore and had 15 double-doubles. She sat last season per NCAA transfer rules.Calhoun played 13 games for Duke in 2014-15 and averaged 10.1 points and 3.8 rebounds.Duquesne stayed with the Buckeyes early before the Buckeyes went on an 18-6 run to finish the first quarter. OSU then pulled away after a stretch of cold shooting by the Dukes. They went scoreless for 4:16 and missed all eight field shots as the Buckeyes scored seven straight points to go ahead 45-24 before Szamosi scored with 34 seconds remaining in the half.Ohio State was 26-8 last season when it reached the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2011. Duquesne, 28-6 last season, advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.ON THE BOARDSOhio State finished ahead 55-33, with 23 offensive boards. The Buckeyes had 22 second-chance points compared to nine for the Dukes.TAKING A STANDBoth teams participated in the latest YouTube craze, the Mannequin Challenge, filmed in various still positions for a minute during warm-ups.TIP-INSDuquesne: The Dukes are 24-20 in season openers. . Although Duquesne dropped to 1-6 vs. the Buckeyes, the Dukes won the most recent game against them, 71-67 on Dec. 18, 2010, in Columbus. .OSU State coach Kevin McGuff had a 10-2 record vs. Duquesne as coach at Xavier. This was his first meeting as the Buckeyes coach.Ohio State: The Buckeyes returned to their original home for the game because Value City Arena hosted a mens hockey team later. OSU first played in St. John Arena in the 1974-75 season and have won 265 games and lost 65. This was the 26th game in the building since the move to Value City Arena prior to the 1998-99 season.UP NEXTDuquesne hosts Lehigh on Sunday.Ohio State hosts No. 4 South Carolina on Monday. Jim Gantner Brewers Jersey . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Rollie Fingers Jersey . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/1139y-paul-molitor-jersey-brewers.html . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Cecil Cooper Brewers Jersey . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Tyrone Taylor Jersey . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. INDIANAPOLIS -- As Simon Pagenaud collected a $1 million champions check on Tuesday night at the Verizon IndyCar Series awards banquet, he was already contemplating what the 2017 IndyCar season might actually look like.He has already been involved in meetings about improving the No. 22 car. He plans to test next week at Elkhart Lake. He wants to win the series marquee race, the Indianapolis 500. And soon, Pagenaud could be welcoming a new teammate to Team Penskes stable in North Carolina.Things couldnt get much better for the 32-year-old French driver, who won a series-high five races and seven poles this season to attain his lifelong dream by winning the series title.Im so proud of what happened, so happy, because it really has been my dream and it hasnt been easy to get here, he said. I really mean it, this has been my dream since I was a little kid.Pagenauds victory added another chapter to Roger Penskes incredible résumé as a team owner, this time in his milestone 50th season as a team owner.Penske didnt make it this far by sitting still, savoring victories or getting complacent. So why start now -- after Pagenaud, 2014 series champ Will Power and three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves swept the top three points places in 2016?Instead, Penske always keeps chasing more, which is why he wants to add the best young American driver in the series, Josef Newgarden, to his four-car garage. Had Newgarden been on the team last season, Penske would have swept the top four spots.And now it looks like the worst kept secret in IndyCars is on the verge of being confirmed.Were here tonight to celebrate 2016, Penske said, brushing aside questions about the expected announcement. I think well decide what the future will be soon, I hope.Ed Carpenter Racing announced last week that Newgarden had decided not to return to that team next season.And Newgarden tried to keep his future plans under wraps on Tuesday night, explaining he didnt even consider moving on until he flew to Hawaii following the Sept. 18 race at Sonoma. In the two-plus weeks since the season finale, what started as a rumor has quickly become the conventional wisdom.Newwgarden didnt help his case when he arrived Tuesday evening on the red carpet after Castroneves, after Power, after Penske and even after Pagenaud.dddddddddddd. A slightly embarrassed Newgarden downplayed the order of appearance at the awards banquet, acknowledging that never was the plan, but it still raised more questions about whats next for the rising star.Yes, Im currently unemployed, hopefully not for long, the 25-year-old Tennessee native said. When I had that conversation with Ed, it was very difficult. I think we could have continued for as long as we wanted, but a lot goes into a decision, and sometimes when youre young, you just want to try something different.Penske and his drivers didnt drop any hints of what might be coming.I know Josef pretty well, Pagenaud said. I actually dont know whats going on; Ive just been reading what youve been writing about Josef and Juan [Pablo Montoya]. I thought it worked pretty well last year, and thats not to say if Josef comes on board that it wouldnt work. It probably would.But before Pagenaud welcomes a new teammate and begins the daunting task of defending a title, he has a few more stops on his agenda.Hed like to take a vacation, switch off his cellphone and spend some time reflecting the biggest achievement of his life.I just want to take some time to enjoy all this, he said. I havent really had time to do that yet.NotesThe late Bryan Clauson was selected as the series most popular driver by fans. The 27-year-old Clauson died in August from injuries sustained in a crash during a midget-car crash. ... Pagenaud also earned the P1 Award for scoring the most points among pole winners. ... Billy Vincent, who worked with Pagenaud, was named the series chief mechanic of the year, and Jon Bouslog, of Team Penske, was named team manager of the year. ... Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi was named the series rookie of the year, Conor Daly earned the Dont Crack Under Pressure Award and Charlie Kimball earned the Drive to the Finish Award for completing the most laps. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz