Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

29.10.2019 10:01
2-1.I tried to swing at a strike, a c Antworten

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Richard Petty sat in his motorhome Saturday afternoon, admitting he had not talked to Jimmie Johnson about the potential of Johnson tying him and Dale Earnhardt for a seventh Sprint Cup title Sunday in the season-ending race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.Petty said he wasnt avoiding Johnson and doesnt have any animosity in seeing another driver tie his record. They just arent all that close and havent had time to connect.I havent talked to Jimmie, Petty said. Ive been too busy answering questions about Jimmie so I havent got a chance to talk to him.Johnson probably wouldnt have much to ask the 79-year-old Petty about winning seven titles; their paths couldnt be more different. Petty won his seven championships during a stretch of 16 years from 1964 to 1979 but all with a season-long points system.Dale Earnhardt also won his through a single-season points system from 1980 to 1994.Johnson, however, won his in the Chase era, capturing five consecutive crowns from 2006-2010 and another in 2013 when the Chase created a 10-race miniseason to finish the year.You set a record and stuff and can say, You hope nobody ever gets to it, Petty said. You did it under your circumstances. When somebody else does it, they do it under different circumstances. Theres no way to compare what Ive done or what Earnhardt done or what Jimmies doing against each other.After Johnson won his sixth, NASCAR changed the format again, creating a 16-driver system where four drivers get eliminated after the third, sixth and ninth events, setting up a four-driver, top-finisher-takes-all scenario for the championship race.Johnson failed to make the final round in his first two tries, but gets his chance Sunday as he, Kyle Busch, Joey Logano and Carl Edwards vie for the title at Homestead-Miami Speedway.Hes doing his thing in his time, Petty said. Hes beaten all the guys thats out there that hes got to run against. Earnhardt did that with his crowd. And I did that [racing] with the Pearsons and the Allisons and the Yarboroughs and all that.With his two cars not making NASCARs version of the playoffs, Petty seemed ambivalent toward whether Johnson actually pulls off the feat in what would be a record 11-year span.I aint got a dog in this fight, so it dont make [a difference], Petty said. Probably from a PR standpoint, it would be great if he could win it because then every time they say something about him, they will say something about me and Earnhardt.What Petty can claim is that no driver had won more than three titles until he accomplished his fourth and then added three more titles to that record. So would it matter if Johnson wins eight titles? Nine titles?Not really, Petty said. I was the first one to climb the mountain from that standpoint. ... The most anybody had ever won was three. We doubled up on everybody. Air Jordan Discount .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Air Jordan Outlet . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. https://www.jordanchina.us/ . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Jordan China . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Cheap Jordan From China . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. CHICAGO -- Aroldis Chapman is having an uneven first week with the Chicago Cubs.Leonys Martin hit a go-ahead, two-run double off new Cubs closer in the eighth inning, lifting the Seattle Mariners over Chicago 4-1 Saturday.Cubs manager Joe Maddon hoped Chapman would convert his second four-out save since being acquired from the Yankees.That part of the batting order just yells his name. Thats the whole point, Maddon said. To go through that moment and hes available and to not utilize him and then lose the game, I would have been really upset with myself.Chapmans first week with the Cubs has included a save against the White Sox and an awkward interview about the domestic violence case that led to a 29-game suspension.Its not my favorite thing to do, but thats my job and its the managers decision, Chapman said through a translator of coming on in the eighth. Im ready to do anything.Wade Miley (7-8) took a no-hit bid into the seventh inning before allowing Kris Bryants single and Javier Baezs RBI groundout.Jake Arrieta (12-5) walked Mike Zunino and Shawn OMalley starting the eighth, pinch-hitter Luis Sardinas sacrificed against Hector Rondon, and Nori Aoki grounded to third, where Bryant threw out pinch-runner Guillermo Heredia at the plate, a call upheld in one of three home-plate video reviews.Chapman allowed Martins double to left-center on a 99.6 mph pitch, which put Seattle ahead 2-1.I tried to swing at a strike, a choke swing, and he threw me a strike, said Martin, who added he faced Chapman once before a long time ago in Cuba.Martin stole third and scored on Chapmans wild pitch.Seattle added a run in the ninth when shortstop Addison Russell threw high to first on Chris Iannettas two-out grounder, allowing Franklin Gutieerrez to score from third.ddddddddddddEdwin Diaz struck out pinch-hitter Anthony Rizzo and Dexter Fowler with two on to end the eighth. Steve Cishek worked around a hit in the ninth for his 25th save in 30 tries. Chicago had won its previous three games.Miley allowed one hit over seven innings with a season-high nine strikeouts. He had lost his previous six starts since beating Cleveland on June 7.I tried not to think about it, Miley said of the potential no-hitter. The guys in the dugout were getting farther and farther away from me, and I didnt like that at all.Arrieta (12-5) allowed two runs, two hits and three walks in seven-plus innings with four strikeouts. He fell to 0-3 with a 4.88 ERA in five starts during July.Fowler initially was called out by plate umpire Lance Barrett on Baezs grounder, but the call was overturned in a video review.Chicago had a second run off Miley wiped out by replay when Bryant, trying to steal home on a pickoff throw to first, was thrown out at the plate in the seventh.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: RHP Nathan Karns (lower back strain) went on the 15-day disabled list, a day after he allowed five runs during a two-inning relief appearance. RHP Cody Martin was recalled from Triple-A Tacoma. ... RHP Taijuan Walker (foot) is scheduled to throw five innings Monday in a rehab start for Tacoma.UP NEXTMariners ace Felix Hernandez (5-4) is to start the series finale Sunday night against LHP Brian Matusz, who will be called up from Triple-A Iowa. That will give Kyle Hendricks and the rest of the rotation an extra days rest. Maddon said RHP Justin Grimm will be optioned to Iowa.. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz