Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

29.10.2019 10:01
, needed 96 minutes to get by the world N Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Joe Maddon was proud that his Chicago Cubs reached 100 wins for the first time in 81 years.Javier Baez hit a grand slam and drove in a career-high six runs while major league ERA leader Kyle Hendricks pitched six scoreless innings as the Cubs got win No. 100 by routing the Pittsburgh Pirates 12-2 on Monday night.The hundred is very significant, Maddon said. It might not mean anything, but Ive been on teams that have lost 100 games, so its kind of nice to be on the other end of the stick. What it means is that weve played consistently all year. It means we come to play every day.Baez helped the National League Central-champion Cubs reach triple digits in victories for the first time since 1935. He hit his second career grand slam in the fourth inning to extend Chicagos lead to 5-0 and his two-run single capped a six-run sixth that made it 11-0.Hendricks (16-8) dropped his ERA to 1.99 by scattering seven hits, striking out five and walking none. He has not allowed more than three runs in 22 consecutive starts.Hendricks teammates were excited to see his ERA fall below 2.00.I didnt watch it during the game, Hendricks said. After the game, youve got guys in here all over me, telling me about it.Kris Bryant hit a two-run home run, his 39th, in the sixth to draw within one of NL leader Nolan Arenado of Colorado. It was also his 100th RBI.The Pirates saw their hopes of a fourth consecutive postseason appearance dim even further with their third straight loss. They entered the day 4 1/2 games out of the second NL wild card with seven games to play.Rookie Chad Kuhl (5-4) was rocked for five runs and eight hits in three-plus innings as his string of nine consecutive starts of giving up three runs or less ended.I thought I threw the ball pretty well until the fourth inning and then they started working some deep counts and things got away from me, Kuhl said.Matt Joyce and pinch-hitter David Freese hit back-to-back home runs off Pedro Strop in the eighth inning to account for the Pirates scoring. Andrew McCutchen extended his hitting streak to 14 games.THE MADDON SHUFFLEMaddon is trying to strike a balance between giving his regulars rest and keeping them sharp for the postseason now that his team has clinched home-field advantage throughout the NL playoffs.Maddon played what he called his varsity infield with the groundball-inducing Hendricks starting -- 1B Anthony Rizzo, 2B Baez, 3B Bryant and SS Addison Russell. Meanwhile, RF Jason Heyward was the only starting outfielder in the lineup.The Cubs will also use all relievers Thursday night in the series finale with rookie RHP Rob Zastryzny starting in place of LHP Mike Montgomery.FUTURE MOVEThe Pirates acquired INF Chris Bostick from Washington in a trade for minor league C Taylor Gushue and cash considerations. Bostick was added to the 40-man roster but will not report to the major league club.2B Josh Harrison was transferred to the 60-day disabled list to clear a roster spot for Bostick, who finished the season at Triple-A Syracuse and has yet to play in the major leagues.REMEMBERING ARNIEA moment of silence was held for golfing legend Arnie Palmer, a native of Latrobe, Pa., and frequent visitor to PNC Park. Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said a signed cap by Palmer from Latrobe Country Club is among his most-prized possessions.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: RF Gregory Polanco (facial contusion) missed his third straight game. ... LF Starling Marte (back) was not in the lineup for the 19th time in 20 games.UP NEXTCubs: RHP John Lackey (10-8, 3.39 ERA) will start Tuesday night. He is 1-1 with a 3.24 ERA in four starts since missing three weeks because of a strained shoulder.Pirates: RHP Ryan Vogelsong (3-6, 4.85) hasnt made it past the fifth inning in his four September starts, going 0-2 with a 9.18 ERA. Wholesale Shoes China Free Shipping .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Cheap Shoes Outlet Stores . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. http://www.cheapshoes.us.org/ . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Best Cheap Fake Shoes . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Shoes From China Wholesale . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. TORONTO -- Serena Williams continues to mow down her opponents at the Rogers Cup womens tournament. The top-seeded American eased past Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia 6-1, 6-1 on Friday for a spot in the semifinals. Williams has yet to be challenged through three matches, dropping only a combined 10 games in the process. She blasted seven aces past the outclassed Rybarikova and wrapped up the match in a tidy 60 minutes, five seconds. "Yeah Im definitely feeling pretty good, playing much better than I have the past month I would say," said Williams. "Im glad Im getting back to the feeling and getting into some rhythm." Rybarikova, who advanced to the quarter-finals when reigning Wimbledon champ Marion Bartoli retired from their match with an injury, was thoroughly dominated but managed to avoid bagels. Williams, a two-time Rogers Cup champion, is looking to add to her seven titles this season, including a win last month in Sweden. Shes sure to give her next opponent, three-seed Agnieszka Radwanska, all she can handle. Radwanska advanced Friday with a 7-6 (1), 7-5 victory over fifth-seeded Italian Sara Errani, but has never beat Williams in five of their meetings, including last years Wimbledon final. "Its a good matchup," said Williams. "She does everything so well. Shes playing better too actually so shes having a much better year. Its going to be an interesting match. Its definitely not going to be easy. "I can only hope that I play well and I can only hope that I come out on top." Meanwhile, the upset of the day belonged to unseeded Romanian Sorana Cirstea who knocked off defending champion Petra Kvitova with a 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 decision. Kvitova struggled mightily with her service game. The Czech double-faulted 10 times, her ninth coming on a break point for Cirstea to open the third set 1-0. "The beginning of the second set I started to feel a little bit low of the energy," said Kvitova. "The serve was really bad after this, and I didnt find energy from my legs." Kvitova pointed to her late third-round match against Australias Samantha Stosur as the reason she was sluggish on the court. "Unfortunately when I finished so late the match here, I didnt sleep well after this," said Kvitova. "Sleep is, for me, its very important ... for my recovery." Cirstea, ranked No. 27 in the world, used the momentum from Kvitovas unforced errors to match her best result of the season with a semifinal berth. The 23-year-old Cirstea got past former top-ranked players Jelena Jankovic and Caroliine Wozniacki to reach the quarter-finals.dddddddddddd "Its probably (my) best tournament in a long, long time," said Cirstea. "It might come as a surprise to many people ... I dont think for me and my team its such a big surprise because we have been working consistently on things." Shell next take on fourth-seeded Li Na of China, who defeated Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia 7-6 (1), 6-2. Li, last years finalist, needed 96 minutes to get by the world No. 20-ranked Cibulkova, who came into the tournament on a roll with a recent title victory over Radwanska at Stanford, Calif. Li broke to make it 6-5 in the first set, taking the game with a blazing cross-court winner, but couldnt hold and needed a tiebreak to win the set. She cruised through the second set en route to her first semifinal berth since losing at Stuttgart in April. "I mean, after (the) first I was thinking about, OK, one set in the pocket, so (I was) feeling more confident of course," said Li. Radwanskas win was a measure of revenge after being eliminated in the quarter-finals by Errani at this years French Open. Radwanska and Errani traded breaks virtually the entire first set before Radwanska took the tiebreaker after a smooth volley drop and wide return from Errani on set point. The two players again traded breaks in the second set until Radwanska held serve at 6-5 when Errani returned long on double match point. Radwanska closed it out in just over two hours, avoiding any repeat of their 2012 meeting at the WTA Championship -- an epic three-and-a-half hour, three-set victory for Radwanska. The 24-year-old from Krakow has played well against Errani with seven wins in nine meetings. Her only loss prior to Roland Garros was in 2006 at Budapest. There are no Canadians left in the singles draw, but Ottawa native Gabriela Dabrowski and Torontos Sharon Fichman advanced to the doubles semifinal with a 6-7 (4), 6-2, 10-5 win over the No. 1-ranked doubles team of Errani and Italian partner Roberta Vinci. "We knew we had to play big tennis," said Dabrowski. "We couldnt go out there and hope for them to make any mistakes. It was imperative today that we kept going after the ball and pressuring them." In other doubles play, Jankovic and Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia ousted Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears 6-2, 6-4, while Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany and Czech Kveta Peschke won 7-5, 6-2 over Julia Goerges of Germany and Czech Barbora Zahlavova Strycova Dabrowski and Fichman will meet Jankovic and Srebotnik in the semifinal. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz