Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

30.10.2019 11:40
undrafted free agent in 2008. O Antworten

BEVERLY, Mass. -- The Massachusetts man who inspired the Ice Bucket Challenge that has raised millions of dollars for ALS research received a hand-delivered award from the NCAA on Tuesday.Pete Frates, the former Boston College baseball captain who touched off the viral-video craze, was given the NCAAs 2017 Inspiration Award at a ceremony in his living room.What youve been able to do to inspire so many people to support this cause is monumental and it is, in fact, inspirational, NCAA President Mark Emmert said at the event. We couldnt be more proud to come here and present you and your family with this award.Officials with the collegiate sports organization arranged the personal delivery after saying that Frates would be unable to accept the award at the NCAAs January awards celebration in Nashville, Tennessee, because his neurodegenerative disease was progressing.Frates was diagnosed with the disease in 2012. Its also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The ice bucket challenge raised more than $220 million when it took off worldwide on social media in 2014.In the videos, scores of people dumped buckets of ice water over their heads and then nominated others to do the same -- or else donate money to ALS research. Many did both. According to the ALS Association, the videos led to $115 million in donations in 2014 alone. The challenge has been revived every summer since.At the ceremony Tuesday, Democratic U.S. Rep. Seth Moulton noted that Frates contribution has gone beyond inspiration -- its had direct results.We made progress on ALS research that wouldnt have happened without the money that Pete has helped raise, Moulton said.Along with friends and family, others who gathered in Frates living room included a representative for Gov. Charlie Baker, who was traveling in Israel, the Boston College baseball team and Boston College athletics director Brad Bates.When the Chancellor of Germany dumps a bucket of ice water on her head, you know youve had a global impact, Bates said.Frates, wearing a maroon blazer, accepted the award in a wheelchair alongside his wife, Julie Frates, and 2-year-old daughter, Lucy.Pete doesnt ever, ever, ever get nervous for things like this and we were pretty nervous out there a few minutes ago -- so that should tell you how much this means to us and our family, Julie Frates said. So thank you. This one is for this guy. Stitched Cubs Jerseys . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Bill Buckner Jersey . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. https://www.cheapcubs.com/ . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. David Bote Jersey . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Anthony Rizzo Jersey . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders released four-time Pro Bowl fullback Marcel Reece on the day he was eligible to return to the active roster from a four-game suspension that began last season.Reece did not respond to text messages Monday but had been looking forward to returning to the Raiders at the end of training camp.Im gonna make the best of it, Reece texted at the end of the preseason. [I] will be waiting on the air strip when my guys land from Tennessee on Sept. 25.Im gonna be a nightmare for Baltimore!Instead, the Raiders, who have been carrying 52 players on their 53-man roster since the start of the regular season, parted ways with him on Monday, six days before Oakland plays at the Baltimore Ravens.Reece was suspended before the final game last season for violating the NFLs policy on performance-enhancing substances.I want to thank Marcel as a player and as a person for all that he has given to the Oakland Raiders, Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie said in a statement. What he has meant to the organization and to me over the past few years is hard to put into words, but his actions, both on and off the field, speak louder than any words can. This was a tough decision. Not enough can be said about Marcels commitment to his teammates and his pride in the Raiders, and we wish him and his family nothing but the best.Reece, a close friend of owner Mark Davis, was also the longest-tenured position player on Oaklands roster, having joined the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2008. Only Sebastian Janikowski, the teams first-round pick in 2000, has been in Oakland longer.Today is a sad day for the Raider family and entire Raider Nation, Davis said in a stateement.dddddddddddd My father once said that I would have a tough time running this organization because I was too close to the players, and that rings true today. Marcel Reece has been a pillar of the organization for nine years and was the glue that held us together during a tough transition after my fathers passing. He helped put us on the upward path we are on today and his leadership will be sorely missed. The motto, Once a Raider, Always a Raider, has never been more appropriate. When Marcel finishes his playing career, there will always be a spot for him within the Raider organization.A converted college receiver at Washington, Reece was second-team All-Pro in 2013 and had 15 career touchdowns in 92 games with 67 starts for the Raiders. He had 205 catches for 2,015 yards and 12 scores and carried the ball 183 times for 844 yards and three touchdowns.Though Reece served the league suspension, he maintained his innocence. He said a legal natural plant root extract by the name of Umcka he ingested converted into the banned substance metylhexanamine.He was allowed, though, to be around the team during the offseason program.Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said in his weekly media conference on Monday that the he did not know that the suspension played a big part in the decision.Depth in Oaklands offensive backfield, with rookies Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington playing well, along with fullback Jamize Olawale and starting running back Latavius Murray, played more of a part.We feel like its a good group, Del Rio said, and we dont want to disrupt it. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz