Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 109 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

30.10.2019 11:40
in the semifinals at Toronto, Antworten

LONDON -- Defending champion Marin Cilic advanced to the third round at Queens Club with a 6-3, 6-4 win over fellow Croat Ivan Dodig on Wednesday. The No. 5-seeded Cilic was never under pressure and Dodig failed to earn a break point. Cilic won the title last year when David Nalbandian was defaulted for violent conduct after he kicked an advertising sign and injured a line judge. Tomas Berdych held off a strong second-set challenge from Dutchman Thiemo De Bakker to win 6-1, 6-4. It was the Czechs first appearance at the pre-Wimbledon grass event since he was defeated in the first round in 2005. The No. 2-seeded Berdych dominated the opening set and won 70 per cent of the points, but after a short rain delay at the start of the second set De Bakker held six break points before Berdych earned a vital break to lead 4-3. Four-time champion Lleyton Hewitt also reached the third round with a 6-4, 6-3 upset victory over Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria. Custom Nike Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Custom Nike Atlanta Braves Jerseys . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. https://www.customjerseysnikebaseball.com/ .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. Custom Nike Texas Rangers Jerseys . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Soon-to-be-Sir Andy Murray appears to be on his way to a coronation in London -- or, at the very least, knighthood.He has won 20 consecutive matches, has snatched the No. 1 ranking from Novak Djokovic and is bidding to run away and hide at these Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.Still, history -- and this is a sprawling city with more than most -- suggests there could be some drama in the offing. For instance, Murray has qualified for this year-end event nine times but has never won it. And consider that Wednesdays round-robin opponent, Kei Nishikori, poses a serious threat. Two of their three matches this year went the maximum five sets, with Nishikori taking the most recent, in the quarterfinals of the US Open.This match can be seen on ESPN3 at 9 a.m. ET.?The 26-year-old from Japan, who could conceivably finish the year at a career-high No. 3, wrecked US Open champion Stan Wawrinka 6-2, 6-3 in the first round-robin match, which clearly caught Murrays attention.I didnt see the match, but he obviously must have played very well, Murray said in his news conference after defeating Marin Cilic by a similar count. To win against a player like Stan with that score line; I dont think Stan had really any chances on Keis serve, either.I would say this is probably his best year that hes had on the tour. Hes one of the best players in the world. Hes been playing very well the last few months especially.This, of course, Murray knows firsthand. He also understands that the winner will be 2-0 in round-robin play and in a commanding position to advance to Saturdays semifinals.Murray won the first two meetings earlier this year, prevailing in a five-setter in Davis Cup play and, more recently, at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, winning a semifinal tilt more comfortably, 6-1, 6-4.I had a tough loss in Rio, Nishikori admitted. But US Open and Davis Cup, we played some good matches. I feel more chance to win the match against Andy. Yeah, for sure I have to play well and play 100 perceent to beat Andy.ddddddddddddThis [Wawrinka] match will help, for sure, for next match.Before the Olympics, Nishikori also beat Wawrinka in the semifinals at Toronto, ending a run of 0-for-16 against top-five opponents. They ran into each other again in the US Open semifinals, with eventual champion Wawrinka getting the better of him.The London loss, though, puts Wawrinka in a difficult spot when he faces Cilic in the evening match (3 p.m. ET on WatchESPN). Theyre both 0-1, and the loser is in deep, deep trouble.I was expecting a good match, Wawrinka said of his meeting with Nishikori. Didnt happen today. Not the first time that I lose the first match here. Last year, I lost against Rafa, really bad match.Im sure I still have something inside me to play some great tennis before the end of the year, so Im going to try everything for that in the next match.While Wawrinka will finish the year as the top-ranked Swiss player for the first time, you have to feel for him. In three previous appearances in London, he was 6-6 -- with two losses each against Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. With the latter two sitting this one out and Djokovic in the other group, Wawrinka seemed to have a reasonable path to reach the semifinals.Cilic, meanwhile, needs to quickly ramp up his game. The 28-year-old from Croatia immediately forced two break points in his first match against Murray but lost the opening game -- and his subsequent serve.Obviously [its] tougher to start straightaway with matches like these against the best guys. Im not so used to it, Cilic said afterward. Thats something I guess quite new for me. Most of the tournaments Im playing them third, fourth round at least.Cilic is 0-4 in year-end play after going 0-3 in his 2014 debut. Both he and Wawrinka are US Open champions, but one of them could be looking at the end of his season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz