Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

04.11.2019 12:10
41-yard field goal in overtime, Antworten

South Africa batsman JP Duminy was considering retiring from Test cricket in January, when he was dropped for the New Years Test against England, before he was talked out of it by Ashwell Prince, who was a selector at the time. Duminy ended a run of patchy form by scoring 141 in the second innings to give South Africa a 300-plus lead over Australia in the ongoing Perth Test.When he was dropped in January, he was considering retiring from Test cricket, Prince told ESPNcricinfo in Perth. He had the conversation with me because the convener of selectors was not at the Cape Town Test, so I had to go and take him the news that he wont be playing.At that time, he was at a real low point and he was being honest and giving his feelings. As a selector, and with him being an important player to South African cricket, you try and convince him to think about it. Im sure when he thinks back about that conversation this afternoon or this evening, he will know how he was feeling then and with the feeling he is having now, he will be happy that he carried on.Duminy admitted that at that time he lacked direction, especially in Tests. There was indifferent feelings. I wasnt sure where I was going in terms of my career but I am very grateful to get another opportunity.He had gone 12 innings without a hundred when he was dropped, and in that time he had only passed fifty once. Like his team-mates, he struggled in India and with South African cricket itself on the wane, had several reasons to walk away. Its difficult to pinpoint exactly what it was but he was out of form, Prince said. With the type of calendar that they have these days, he has got a young baby, a young family, all that might have played a role.That was when Prince reminded Duminy, who had replaced him in the 2008 Perth Test and made a half-century in a famous victory, of the prestige of the longest format. I was talking to him as a friend, rather than a selector. I was making him understand how important Test cricket is for a player. You can play hundreds of ODIs and T20 and make millions but when you are done playing, you always think about what you did in the Test-match arena, Prince said. You can play fifty ODIs quickly and not remember anything. These type of performances, thats what the game is all about.During the conversation, Prince said Duminy told him that he needed a bit of a break, and was going to take the New Years week off but then he decided to play in a franchise first-class match. He scored a career-best 260. I dont know what changed from him wanting a break and then playing in that match but he got 250 straight away and I think the next Test he was back in.Faf du Plessis was dropped for the next game and Duminy returned but not with much success. He scored 19 and 29 against England at SuperSport Park and it was only when he struck 88 against New Zealand seven months later that it seemed he had found form again. Then, Duminy was able to realign his goals with his performances.The change came for me just before the West Indies tour, Duminy said. I sat down and reassessed my goals. Test cricket has always been a big part of my goal setting and I knew I was at a crossroads in my Test career. I wanted to leave my Test career knowing that Ive given it my all, and I committed to myself that I was going to give myself the best chance, so that was the difference. It was a personal thing. I didnt necessarily speak to anyone about it. I just sat down, wrote a few things down, where I want to go, what I still want to achieve.In that match, played without the injured AB de Villiers, Duminy was moved to No. 4, which is where he has batted in this Perth Test, and the change of position might have led to a change in fortune.If you are at No. 6, 90% of the time, you are batting with the bowlers so you will always have to try and think how am I going to marshall my way through this innings, Prince said. Do I trust them? Are they looking good on the day or are they looking like its going to be a matter of time? You are taking everything into consideration, whether its spinning, whether they are getting in line behind the ball. Maybe upfront he is a lot more relaxed, he has a lot more time to bat, he doesnt have to think should I attack more, should I defend more, or how the tail is lining up. He just has to bat.For Duminy, the move to No. 4 refreshed his approach. I was pleased with the opportunity. It is something I have always enjoyed in the first-class arena. To be given the nod to go ahead, especially with it being such a crucial position in the South African team, was a big positive for me and I knew I had to step up and fill some big boots. You had Kallis and AB de Villiers batting there before. Today [in Perth] was a step in the right direction.But more than the change of position, Prince believed it was a mental shift that did the trick for Duminy. I think its 100% mindset. I think maybe he has thought about and committed to wanting to do more in his Test career, Prince said. In the first innings [in Perth] he came out looking to play more positively and maybe once or twice was a little loose, in the second innings he came out positive again but a lot more selective. His shot selection and his stroke play has been sublime. Pittsburgh Penguins Pro Shop . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Cheap Penguins Jerseys . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/ . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Fake Penguins Jerseys . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Pittsburgh Penguins Shirts . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. TORONTO -- Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have pulled out of the Rogers Cup, leaving the Toronto tournament without three of the worlds top four mens tennis players.Tennis Canada announced the withdrawals Tuesday, a day after Wimbledon champion and world No. 2 Andy Murray said he would not defend his Rogers Cup title this year, citing fatigue.No. 3 Federer is coming off a run to the semifinals at Wimbledon, where he lost in five sets to Canadas Milos Raonic.Toronto is one of my favorite events on the calendar and I am disappointed that I wont be able to compete in front of the great tennis fans in Canada, Federer said in a statement. Looking ahead, it is best for me that I take more time after Wimbledon. I look forward to coming back to Canada nnext year.ddddddddddddFourth-ranked Nadal has not played since withdrawing from the French Open after suffering a wrist injury.I only started practicing a week ago after my wrist injury and I am not ready to play such an important event, he said in a statement. I am very much looking forward to playing in Toronto in a couple of years since I have always been treated great in that tournament and have a lot of great Canadian fans.Top-ranked Novak Djokovic and Raonic, whom Murray beat in three sets in the Wimbledon final, remain part of the Rogers Cup field.The tournament begins with the start of qualifying on Saturday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz