Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

05.11.2019 11:10
look, even in the midst of a $375 mil Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Twins have hit a bunch of home runs lately, a bright spot in a lost season.Hustle was the winning formula on Wednesday night.Miguel Sano legged out a couple of ground balls to create a pair of early runs before his RBI double tied the game in the decisive seventh inning, helping the Twins dodge a series sweep by beating the Kansas City Royals 6-5.We always talk about doing the little things right, said Brian Dozier, whose club-tying record home run streak ended at five straight games.Dozier, though, singled and stole second before scoring on Sanos double off Joakim Soria (4-8). Dozier also started a dazzling double play to finish the fifth inning, with a diving stop of Eric Hosmers sharp grounder and a glove flick to second base to get the ball out while he was flat on the dirt.Alex Wimmers (1-1) pitched a scoreless seventh in relief of Kyle Gibson to record his first major league victory. Brandon Kintzler gave up a two-out RBI single before finishing the ninth inning for his 14th save in 16 attempts.Sano beat a relay throw in the first inning to stave off a double play after his bouncer back to the mound and later scored on Robbie Grossmans single. In the fifth, the burly slugger ran fast enough after his routine grounder to be safe when shortstop Alcides Escobar threw high to first for an error. Byron Buxton raced home from second base to score on the play, touching home plate as he hurdled Sanos bat with a head-first dive to elude Buteras tag.I saw that play a few times where the runner stopped at third and he couldve had a chance at scoring, so I know Ive got to be ready every play and make sure I go full effort, Buxton said.First Sano. Then Buxton. The Twins were a blur on the basepaths.His speed paid off, for sure, manager Paul Molitor said about Buxton. Thats something we try to teach to be prepared to do if they make a mistake.Grossman and Buxton each homered for the Twins, who won for only the third time in their last 20 games.Thats part of baseball life. Sometimes you pitch good, sometimes not, Soria said.Kendrys Morales had three hits, including his sixth home run in the last eight games, and Drew Butera also went deep for the Royals. Danny Duffy struck out 10 batters without a walk over six innings, but the bullpen cost Kansas City an opportunity to creep forward in the AL wild-card race. The Royals stayed four games behind Baltimore, which holds the second spot.We had a chance to pick up ground, manager Ned Yost said. So that definitely hurts.MORALES OF THE STORYMorales, who also drove in a run with a fourth-inning single, went deep to lead off the sixth. He has a 10-game hitting streak, with 15 RBI and 17 hits in 42 at-bats for a .405 batting average during the stretch.LESSON NOT LEARNEDJarrod Dyson and Paulo Orlando started the game with singles, but both of them were picked off first base with a quick throw by the right-handed Gibson, who had only six pickoffs in 93 previous major league starts.PLOUFFES FAREWELL?Twins 3B Trevor Plouffe was diagnosed with a strain of the intercostal and oblique muscles on his left side, his third injury this year to that area including a broken rib. With only 22 games to go, hes not likely to play again this season. Sanos presence means Plouffe might have played his last game for the team that drafted him in the first round in 2004.If it happens that that was my last at-bat, it would be pretty sad. I hope its not, said Plouffe, who is making $7.25 million with one more year of eligibility for salary arbitration. My No. 1 thing, if I had my choice, would be to be back here.LONG WAY, MATESThe parents of Twins rookie James Beresford traveled 25 hours from their native Australia to surprise their son in a touching moment outside the clubhouse before the game that the team arranged. The 27-year-old Beresford, an infielder, played in 1,070 minor league games before being called up on Tuesday.TRAINERS ROOMROYALS: Butera played behind the plate for Perez, who was out with a bruised right wrist after being hit there by a pitch the night before.TWINS: 1B Joe Mauer was given a day to rest his strained quadriceps muscles, an injury that has lingered for the last three weeks.UP NEXTROYALS: After a travel day, Kansas City plays on Friday in Chicago. RHP Yordano Ventura (10-9, 4.22 ERA) will pitch, opposite LHP Carlos Rodon (6-8, 3.90 ERA) of the White Sox.TWINS: Following an off day at home, Minnesota hosts division-leading Cleveland on Friday. RHP Tyler Duffey (8-10, 6.24 ERA) pitches for the Twins, against RHP Danny Salazar (11-6, 3.78 ERA) of the Indians. Yeezy 350 v2 Zebra 2019 . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Cheap Yeezy 350 Mens . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. http://www.yeezys350cheap.com/fake-yeezy-350-mens-wholesale.html . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Yeezy 350 v2 Static Reflective Replica . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Fake Yeezy 350 v2 Womens .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. CHICAGO -- Dressed in dark, furry bear suits from head to toe, Lisa Burton and Brian Robinson stood on Waveland Avenue, waiting to walk up to the rooftop of Beyond the Ivy and watch the first World Series game at Wrigley Field in 71 years.Burton, 39, and Robinson, 43, said they paid a total of $7,500 for a pair of tickets to take in all three games against Cleveland from across the street this weekend. The engaged couple made its way to Chicagos North Side from Birmingham, Alabama.All that money, and theyre not even sitting inside the ballpark.It felt like a bargain, Robinson said before the Cubs 1-0 loss Friday night. Ive been a Cubs fan since I was about 6 years old. I was born and raised in Meridian, Mississippi. You had two choices: You could watch the Braves or the Cubs. But Harry Caray was so much more fun to watch, even when the Cubs stunk, which was most of the time. He was the reason why I became a Cubs fan.When the World Series last came to Wrigley Field, a Game 7 loss to Detroit on Oct. 10, 1945, the major leagues were all-white, the championship was played in the daytime, television had not yet come to the Fall Classic and soldiers were coming home from World War II.Now the Cubbies were home in the Friendly Confines, three victories from their first title since 1908. And on an uncommonly warm 63-degree night with the wind blowing out to left and center at 14 mph, Wrigleyville was the meeting grounds for fans who long imagined a day like this, part hope, part pipe-dream.Only now if was coming true.Back in 1945, Series box seats had a list price of $7.20. This years tickets ranged from $85 to $565, and asking prices on StubHub a few hours before game time ranged from $1,019 to $9,439.Debbie Manfredi, of suburban Algonquin, stood on Kenmore Avenue trying to snag balls off the bat of right-handed hitters during batting practice. The 49-year-old, wearing a Cubs jersey signed by Ron Santo, has had season tickets in the lower deck behind third base for five years -- after 11 years spent on the waiting list. Her late father, Richard, grew up in Wrigleyville and rode his bicycle to games, then had season tickets in the 1970s. Debbie was taking her 15-year-old daughter, Taylor, to the game.I started believing last year, and this year you just felt it from the beginning. You just knew, Debbie Manfredi said.Not far away, fans were being fed hot dogs outside the two-story building that houses Engine Co. 78 and Ambulance Co. 6. Many held white flags with a blue W, a variation of the one that flies from the scoreboard after home wins.With seats painted in a dark Benjamin Moore Wrigley Field Green SC-62 and poles holding up its roof (and creating obstructed views), Wrigley is the focal point of its gentrified neighborhood, about 5 1/2 miles from The Loop downntown.dddddddddddd Even the handles of the doors of Starbucks across from the right-field corner are made of baseball bats.Hours before the crowd of 41,703 filed into Wrigley, the line to get into Murphys Bleachers snaked down Sheffield Avenue toward Addison Street, which runs along the first-base side of the ballpark. Statues of Ron Santo and Billy Williams had new jerseys and red roses, and Carays had a yellow apple in one hand.Youre getting to play in a museum -- for work, said 39-year-old Cubs catcher David Ross, who is retiring after the Series. Last year I walked to the park a lot and that was my favorite thing about last year, was just walking to the park and feeling the energy of the fans.Known as Weeghman Park when it opened for Chicagos Federal League club in 1914, Wrigley has been the Cubs home since 1916 and it retains most of its traditional look, even in the midst of a $375 million renovation that created a spacious new Cubs underground clubhouse this season and will lead to the relocation of the bullpens from foul territory to underneath the bleachers next year.The second-oldest ballpark in the major leagues behind Bostons Fenway Park (1912), Wrigley did not even have lights for night games until 1988. A pair of video boards were erected last year, 42-by-95 feet in left and 29-by-71 feet in right, flanking the hand-operated green scoreboard with white lettering and a circular clock atop the center-field bleachers, a focal point like a cherry on a cake.Cramped dugouts are more like World War I trenches than the roomy, comfy benches in more modern venues. The famous ivy along with red brick outfield walls, first installed in 1937, is green during sultry summers and thick enough to gobble up balls ahead of searching outfielders in baseballs version of Little Shop of Horrors, but in the cool of autumn it has dulled and thinned, starting to turn brown in patches.Its how baseball is supposed to be, said Indians manager Terry Francona, who played for the 1986 Cubs. When I was here, they didnt have the new clubhouse, so it was fun being at the ballpark until it was time to shower or go to the bathroom or something.Wrigley hosted Series games in 1929, `32, `35, `38 and `45, with the Cubs losing their first five and 11 of 13 overall entering this year.This is so enveloping. The fact that the bleachers come all the way around, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. I drive down Clark every day from downtown, and as you get closer, you see all the venues that support all this, and also the people milling around. Anyplace Ive been, I havent seen that with any ballpark to that level. So its enormity in its entirety, its just different. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz