Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

06.11.2019 12:05
if we want to make the sport even better t Antworten

Tejaswin Shankar added to his senior record-surpassing effort in the high jump at the 32nd Junior Nationals by also winning the gold medal in the triple jump event at the Nehru stadium in Coimbatore. But in a goof-up that neither the AFI (Athletics Federation of India) nor the Tamil Nadu State Athletics Association were willing to claim responsibility for, no gold medal was available for Shankar. The organisers of the junior nationals had run out of medals for the competition.In all there was a shortfall of 29 gold medals, 27 silver and as many bronze medals.AFI secretary general CK Valson said that while the medals had been procured from Delhi, he had only been made aware of the shortage in the last day of the event. There are 125 events in the junior nationals so sometime it becomes difficult to keep track of the number of medals. But if there were fewer number of medals that had been procured, we should have been told in advance. We could have brought more medals from Delhi, he says.Latha, the treasurer of the Tamil Nadu athletics federation - the event organisers - said that it was the AFIs job to get the medals from Delhi and the organisers role was to give what medals were available to the athletes.In an effort to address the situation, Valson said that the AFI would post the medals to the respective state associations which would subsequently disburse the medals.While long jumpers often participate in the triple jump event, a high jumper taking part in the triple is unusual. Shankar was taking part in the triple jump event for only the second time in his career. The 17-year-old won gold in the Delhi state championships held a couple of months earlier, which was just a few weeks since he took up the triple jump event.He cleared 15.21m, to better Tamil Nadus K Kamalraj who jumped 14.91. Shankar, though, was unable to get either the meet or national U-18 record which stand at 15.63 and 15.52 respectively.Shankars form had the refinement that can be expected of someone with just a couple of months of practice in an event known for its technical challenge. Former Long jumper Anju Bobby George who was present at the venue would say Shankar had a strong step and jump phase but was very weak in the initially hop jump and in his landing. Despite those limitations, Shankar was still far ahead of the field.While his flaws were noticeable, its not something Shankar is bothered by. I only take part in the triple jump because the drills are something that help me in the high jump as well. I was expecting to win a gold but I wasnt thinking of getting a record. The triple jump is just a fun event for me, he says.He, however, missed out on the best athlete award in the U-18 boys category. Considering that he had broken the senior national record, Shankar might have been expected to claim the award. Instead it went to Haryanas Dipender Dabas who won the U-18 shot put event with a meet record.It was a quirk of the system that decided it. The recipient of the award is calculated according to an IAAF points system. By jumping 2.26m, Shankar earned 1144 points as per the system. Dabas who threw the shot 20.65m, took 1159 points. However, unlike Shankar who was competing in essentially an open competition, Dabas was using a lighter shot put (weighing 5kg as against the senior shot that weighs 6kg). As such, Dabas had a distinct advantage when points were being calculated.Indeed, the best athletes in all the boys categories (U-20, U-18, U-16 and U-14) went to shot putters. Yes it seems like they have an advantage because of the implements they are using, but there is no way to calculate the points for a junior event where the equipment is lighter, Dr. Tony Daniel, Technical Committee chairman of the federation, said.?As it stands, Shankar will head home to Delhi with a medal and a national record. He will have to collect the second gold medal from the AFI office.? Cheap Vapormax Flyknit China . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Wholesale Vapormax 97 . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/cheap-vapormax-3-clearance.html . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Nike Air VaporMax 2.0 Floral Pure Platinum+Arctic Pink-White . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. Cheap Vapormax 95 China . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Nico Rosberg says Bernie Ecclestones suggestion of increasing risk in Formula One would be turning back time on safety in the sport.F1 boss Ecclestone suggested the sport should artificially increase the risk factor by introducing walls around corners to prevent drivers running wide and gaining an advantage. During Thursdays Drivers Press Conference in Mexico, Rosberg said there are many other areas the sport needs to address before considering adding further elements of risk.My opinion is that there is 10 other areas which we should look at before, if we want to make the sport even better than it is, before we start looking at turning back time on safety. That would be my view on that, he said.His fellow drivers were in agreement. Force Indias Sergio Perez believes there are ways to increase the challenge for drivers without having to add to the risk factor.I certainly agree with Nico, Perez said. I think theres so many more areas where we can improve the sport before starting to put the safety in risk and I definitely think we can definitely make the circuits a bit more chaallenging for the drivers.ddddddddddddNot necessarily with walls but making the drivers pay for a mistake. If you go off having a gravel trap and losing time, that kind of things I think is good for the sport because it forces the drivers not to make any mistakes.Carlos Sainz was also asked for his opinion and highlighted excessive run-off areas at modern tracks as the main reason why drivers are not provided enough of a challenge.For me obviously safety comes first but also challenge is for drivers, the Spaniard said. I just did the track walk this morning and when you see so much tarmac run-off that you can wide in Austin.Its good for safety but Im convinced we could use some devices to make it a bit more challenging to make sure if you go a bit more off the track you at least pay something and you dont gain an advantage. At the moment its too easy for us to miss the braking point, nothing happens, you continue and you dont even lock up a tyre. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz