Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
zhangzk Offline

21.01.2020 07:19
On a team with a handful of players working back Antworten

I don’t want to write a column regarding how worried the Detroit Lions should be about the Washington Redskins any more than you want to read it.So Womens Bryce Love Jersey , I won’t.A few weeks ago, when the Redskins were about to face inevitable defeat at the hands of the mighty Patriots, I said:[Y]ou are not obligated to endure this misery. It isn’t your responsibility. You don’t play for the team. You aren’t employed by the organization. You don’t cover the team for a living. If you do fall into any of those categories, God help you, but all or nearly all of you don’t, and you need not suffer.I meant every word.I mean it even more now.Like most of us, I’ve been more than patient with this team and this franchise.I’m still very interested in the NFL because I love football, but spending half a Sunday afternoon watching the Redskins play because I love football would be like someone eating dinner at Burger King every weekend because he loves high-quality beef.You know what?That’s not fair to Burger King.That organization is far more competent and produces a far better product than the Washington Redskins.Anyway, as much as we want to walk away, I also know that we all crave seeing watching a good Redskins team, and even watching an exciting match-up between, say, the 49ers and Packers, can’t satiate the particular need to see our own team do well.That’s why, from here on in, this column is going to serve an entirely different purpose than pointlessly previewing a nearly meaningless game played by a contemptible, lamentable, damnable football team.Maybe I’ve been binging too much Man in the High Castle, but it occurs to me that we need not continue to live in this nightmarish hellscape that is Redskins fandom in 2019.Instead, let’s focus on an alternative world—one in which Washington is still fun to watch. For the rest of the season, I’ll instead offer a pick each week of a classic Redskins game that can be viewed for free on YouTube.Consider it counter-programming for those of you who don’t find other NFL games or Red Zone to be a satisfactory alternative to watching the Skins.I’ll avoid the Super Bowls, as I assume all of us have watched those multiple times.I’ll give you the historical set-up and stakes for each game, but I won’t reveal the final score or spoil anything definitive.I’ll even mix in a loss every now and then for the sake of unpredictability.This week’s alternative game: New York Jets at Washington Redskins (1987 - Week 6)Preview: The 4-1 Redskins were coming off of one of the biggest upsets in NFL history, as the replacement Skins had beaten the Dallas Cowboys 13-7 on Monday Night Football, despite the fact that numerous key Cowboy regulars had crossed the picket line to play.Washington famously completed its replacement games 3-0 after a 1-1 start.Joe Walton’s Jets hadn’t fared as well, starting 2-0 but winning just one of three replacement-player games.Now, the 3-2 Jets had a chance to move back toward the top of the AFC playoff picture with a win in Washington.The Jets were led by quarterback Ken O’Brien, runners Freeman McNeil and Johnny Hector, and Pro Bowl wideout Al Toon.Defensively, Mark Gastineau was still a solid situational pass-rusher, but the New York Sack Exchange was no longer the force it had been three or four years earlier.In fact, Washington actually had the better pass rush at this point, led by Charles Mann, Dexter Manley, and Monte Coleman.However, despite their record, and despite being seven-point favorites at home, the Redskins entered the game with more open questions than the Jets did.Not only had the Washington regulars lost a game, the Redskins were the only team in the NFL that hadn’t had a single player cross the picket line.That meant that it had been over a month since a non-replacement Redskin had played a down of NFL football.Washington had scored 54 points in its two pre-strike games, but it remained to be seen if there would be any rust for Jay Schroeder (still the starter at this point in the year), Gary Clark, Keith Griffin https://www.theredskinslockerroom.com/authentic-terry-mclaurin-jersey , George Rogers, Art Monk, and the Hogs to shake off in order to get past the Jets.How would Washington fare in this pivotal return game?Gather round the warm, comforting glow of your tablet or smartphone this Sunday (or right now!) and wash away the anger and shame associated with the current infuriating disaster in favor of a time when this franchise was synonymous with competence, professionalism, pride, and excellence.Enjoy. And Hail to these Redskins. RICHMOND, Va. (AP)Jordan Reed has two fewer bones and a whole lot of peace of mind.Toe soreness in offseason workouts more than a year ago became lingering pain that threw off everything for the Washington Redskins tight end. Overcompensation led to a hamstring injury that kept Reed off the field, and he never felt like himself even when he was able to play.So Reed went under the knife twice to have a sesamoid bone in each big toe removed. Reed now feels ”100 times better” and hopes his toe injuries are a thing of the past so he can get back to his form of 2015, when he had 87 catches for 952 yards and 11 touchdowns.”It’s definitely a relief,” Reed said Friday. ”Just having that nagging pain for two years was awful and now it’s gone, so it’s just a lot better.”Reed said toe fractures gave him little choice but to have the surgeries, one on his left foot in December and the other on the right in February. They’ve so far worked out far better than his decision to get a stem-cell injection in the summer of 2017 that aggravated his toe problem so much he couldn’t walk.That self-described ”poor decision” completely derailed Reed’s season, limiting him to 27 catches in six games. He tried orthotics in his shoes to ease the pain, but nothing worked, leading to an operation that’s more common for dancers and exceedingly rare for the general public.”That’s usually kind of like the last stop on the train,” said Mark Drakos, a foot and ankle surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. ”They’re very little bones. They’re about the size of like a Peanut M&M, so they’re very, very small. Most bones, if they break or they don’t heal, we’ll go in and fix them with plates and screws of if you break your ankle, we put it back together. These are so small that a lot of times we just take it out because it’s quicker. It’s a quicker recovery.”Reed is well past the usual eight-to-12-week recovery period and has looked sharp in individual and team drills early in camp. Just having him on the field again is a plus for the Redskins, who need the 28-year-old to create matchup problems for opposing defenses.”He is a unique guy at the tight end position that can do so many things: route-running with the ball in his hands after the catch,” new quarterback Alex Smith said. ”He is oftentimes the guy that it doesn’t really matter who’s lined up against him – linebacker, safety, corner. He is a guy that I think has the skill set to win against all these positions.”Coach Jay Gruden, who early in camp a year ago didn’t think Reed’s toe injury would be a long-term concern, is hopeful now because, as he put it, ”I have to be.””I think he’s one of the top tight ends in the National Football League when healthy,” Gruden said. ”Last year, he tried to fight through a couple of those injuries in the offseason. He got them fixed, so hopefully we’ll put an end to all those foot and toe injury things and ankle. Jordan, he feels great right now, very optimistic about the way his body feels and now it’s our job to make sure we just progress him along at a good rate.”Gruden hopes to get Reed into a preseason game or two and have him 100 percent for the season opener against Arizona. from injuries, Reed is taking a conservative approach as he balances restraint with the excitement of what he could do when finally healthy again.”Still working through that with the coaches and taking it slow,” he said. ”I’m just getting my body built back up. … I’m confident moving forward.”NOTES: Second-year LB Ryan Anderson left practice with back spasms and he’s considered day-to-day. A team spokesman said RB Rob Kelley’s departure was heat-related. … LB Zach Brown was a limited participant in team drills a day after straining the quadriceps muscle in his left thigh. … The team’s afternoon walkthrough was cut short by lightning. Unlike their regular practice facility in Ashburn, Virginia, outside Washington, the Redskins do not have an indoor bubble at their Richmond site.—

«« virility ex
 Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz