Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 97 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

20.02.2019 09:59
Clint Hurdle said Torres the memo Antworten

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Theo Epstein is rising to a new reality.For the last few years Ive had a semi-recurring dream, maybe five or six times, where Ive woken up, wow, we just won the World Series with the Cubs. Thats unbelievable, he recalled Monday night.And then about 10 seconds later I realize it was just a dream, and then the rest of the day stinks, right? Its a pretty great feeling and then back to reality. The last five days or whatever its been, Ive been waking up with the same realization and then it takes a couple seconds. Wow! It really happened!Days after the team he designed ended a long championship drought, Epstein was voted The Sporting News Major League Baseball Executive of the Year for revitalizing the Chicago Cubs.Balloting by 56 big league executives took place before the postseason. The Cubs led the majors with 103 wins during the regular season, then beat Cleveland in a seven-game World Series last week for their first title since 1908.During the parade I kept telling my wife we need to go home to change some diapers and do some laundry, because this is not real life, he said. Weve got to get our feet back on the ground.Epstein was presented with the award at the start of the annual general managers meeting. He received 13 votes, followed by Clevelands Chris Antonetti (nine), the New York Yankees Brian Cashman (eight), Texas Jon Daniels (seven), Clevelands Mike Chernoff and Washingtons Mike Rizzo (three each), and Baltimores Dan Duquette and the Cubs Jed Hoyer (two apiece).Now 42, Epstein was the youngest general manager in major league history when Boston hired him at age 28 in November 2002. He helped the Red Sox win the 2004 World Series, their first title since 1918, and a second championship in 2007.Winning at 42 vs. 30, I have a greater appreciation for how hard it is and how many people have to contribute and how lucky you have to get along the way, too, he said.Epstein left Boston after the 2011 season to become president of baseball operations with the Cubs, who lost 91 games that year. As he rebuilt the team, the Cubs dropped 101 games in 2012, 96 the following year and 89 in 2014. They won 97 games last year to gain a wild card, returning to the playoffs for the first time since 2008 only to get swept by the New York Mets in the NL Championship Series.This year, Chicago defeated San Francisco in the Division Series, overcame a 2-1 deficit against the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL Championship Series and then became the first team to rally from a 3-1 World Series deficit since the 1985 Kansas City Royals.Chicagos 10th-inning rally in Game 7 was sparked by Albert Almora Jr., the first player drafted under Epsteins regime, taken sixth overall in 2012. Third baseman Kris Bryant was drafted in 2013 and outfielder Kyle Schwarber in 2014, and the Cubs traded for pitcher Jake Arrieta (from Baltimore), first baseman Anthony Rizzo (San Diego) and shortstop Addison Russell (Oakland).Jon Lester was signed as a free agent after the 2014 season and fellow pitcher John Lackey, all-purpose player Ben Zobrist and outfielders Dexter Fowler and Jason Heyward were signed last offseason.Chicago gave Epstein a new five-year contract in September. Now the challenge is to win two in a row and match the 1907-08 Cubs.It does make you hungry just to validate it. When you can win two, I think it means even more, he said. Wed love to be the type of organization that national baseball fans think of when you think of October baseball.Aroldis Chapman, Fowler, Jason Hammel and Travis Wood have become free agents. Epstein already has been thinking about roster alterations.The mix has to change a little bit, he said. If you look to just bring back every single component and try to recreate the past, its going to change by definition. Group dynamics change. Human beings change. And so maybe its better to change it in some small ways on your terms and some intent behind it rather than just let it come back exactly the same and be stale. ... Well make some smaller changes, but I do have a feeling this nucleus is going to stay intact a lot longer than what we did in Boston.Founded in 1886, TSN ended its print edition in 2012 but remains available online. Stephen Hauschka Jersey .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. Eric Wood Jersey . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. http://www.officialauthenticbillsshop.com/authentic-tyrod-taylor-jersey.html . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Jordan Mills Jersey . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Kelvin Benjamin Jersey . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. SAN DIEGO -- Major League Baseball is telling managers to cool it on arguing balls and strikes, and warning them not to rely on replay help to bolster their beefs.MLB executive Joe Torre sent a memo Friday to managers, general managers and assistant general managers that said: This highly inappropriate conduct is detrimental to the game and must stop immediately.The memo was obtained Saturday by The Associated Press.Im still going to react to what I see in front of me, Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said Saturday night.Torre, a Hall of Fame manager and former NL MVP, said skippers are increasingly relying on technology from the clubhouse or video room to argue from the dugout. Every pitch and play is monitored by teams in case they want to challenge for a replay review.He called that an express violation of the Replay Regulations, which state that `on-field personnel in the dugout may not discuss any issue with individuals in their video review room using the dugout phone other than whether to challenge a play subject to video replay review.Although disagreements over ball and strike calls are natural, the prevalence of manager ejections simply cannot continue, Torre wrote. This conduct not only delays the game, but it also has the propensity to undermine the integrity of the umpires on the field.Ausmus was ejected for arguing balls and strikes and covered home plate with a sweat shirt earlier this season, and Boston manager John Farrell was tossed during an animated dispute alongside Red Sox slugger David Ortiz.Earlier this month, Cubs manager Joe Maddon was ejected while arguing from the dugout.On Friday night, Oakland manager Bob Melvin and San Francisco skipper Bruce Bochy got tossed for arguing balls and strikes along with players on their respective teams. Cincinnati manager Bryan Price was ejected Saturday on a dispuute about a foul ball.ddddddddddddTorre concluded by advising that any manager or coach ejected for arguing balls and strikes hereafter will be disciplined, including at least a fine.Joes the boss, so I guess wed better cool it, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Theres just some days you cant stand over there and not say something. Theyre always making additions, and I get speeding the game up and sometimes that sort of thing slows it down, so itll take a little while to walk through that and see exactly how to play it. But you cant take the emotion out of the game. Joe knows that as well as everybody, but I understand where hes coming from.Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said Torres the memo is a very, very good reminder -- a very strong reminder -- that youre going to get fined or whatevers going to happen if you choose that route. Thats fair.One of the great things about having him in this position (is) hes been in the dugout and he is where he is. I dont know what that lens looks like where he is, but I understand I definitely dont try and do his job, Hurdle said before the Pirates played at Washington on Sunday.I listen to him and I try to honor everything that he throws out there. And I think he can respect also the feelings you have to have in the dugout if you feel things arent working out the way that youd want them to work out or youre not getting calls or youre on the short end of calls sometimes. He just let us know if you go that route whats going to happen, he said.---AP freelance writer Dave Hogg in Detroit and AP Sports Writers R.B. Fallstrom in St. Louis and Stephen Whyno in Washington contributed to this report.---Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz