Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 94 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

27.02.2019 08:46
Minnesota during the offseason, an Antworten

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Maurice Jones-Drew doesnt want to be a distraction for the Jacksonville Jaguars. His health and a potential legal issue make that unavoidable, though. Jones-Drew held a 15-minute news conference Monday but didnt say much about an alleged bar fight over Memorial Day weekend. Jones-Drew spoke to reporters a day before the team opens a three-day, mandatory minicamp because he "would rather get it done today than take away from what these guys are doing." "I just dont want to be a distraction anymore," he added. Jones-Drew declined to answer any questions or offer any details about what happened at a St. Augustine restaurant/bar last month. Jones-Drew has not been charged with any crime. Despite a police report indicating otherwise, MJDs agent said his client was not involved in an altercation with a bouncer at the Conch House on May 26. The bouncers attorney, meanwhile, called it an "unprovoked attack." "Obviously, its an ongoing investigation," Jones-Drew said. "Ive been advised not to talk about it. Its an unfortunate situation. Through my career, Ive tried to stay out of the media in that light -- as a distraction to this team." Jones-Drew dodged questions about statements made by his agent and his attorney and wouldnt say whether he plans to meet with police while in town this week. He said he was "disappointed" by all attention the incident received. "Not only has it affected myself and the Jaguars, it affected my family as well," he said. "Frustrated? Yes. Not necessarily because of whats said in the media, but because my kids were affected by it more than anything. My children have nothing to do with what went on or what was said. "And for children to have to deal with that was tough. That was probably the toughest thing Ive had to deal with thus far. And my teammates as well. Those guys have been busting their butts and for them to have to answer questions about me is ridiculous." Regardless, questions about the teams star running back will continue into the fall. Even if his legal issues get resolved, his health issues will be a major concern heading into the season. Jones-Drew had Lis franc surgery on his left foot in December, spent several months in a walking boot and was unable to fully run until recently. He skipped the final two weeks of organized team activities so he could work out with trainers in Miami, something he has done every year since Jacksonville selected him in the second round of the 2006 draft. He was admittedly out of shape when the teams off-season program began in April, but looked considerably more fit Monday. His most recent workout routine included full-speed cutting last Thursday, 115-pound sled work Friday and a mile run on the beach Saturday. "Things are going on the right path," he said. "Obviously, with rehab, youre going to have some off days where its going to be some residual pain here and there. But as long as things are going in the right direction, I feel like everythings going to be all right." Of course, no MJD availability would be complete without him bickering with media members. "Ill tell you one thing that upsets me," he said. "Throughout my seven years in this league, Ive always played at a high level and Ive trained down in South Florida the whole time; this is nothing new. Ive come back in shape and Ive done all these great things and yet people still question my ability to play the game. Thats upsetting. Thats frustrating more than what were all here for." Jones-Drew, who has 7,268 yards rushing, 2,559 yards receiving and 76 total touchdowns, declined to say who he was referring to. "I read reports that Im fat and out of shape," he said. "Yes, that does happen when you cant walk for three months and you cant work out and cant do certain things because you have to protect the integrity of your foot. But Ive never put myself in a way to not be able to perform at the level I performed at since Ive been here." Cheap Ecco Shoes Outlet . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Cheap Ecco Shoes China .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. http://www.eccocheap.com/ . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. Wholesale Ecco Shoes .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Wholesale Ecco Shoes Free Shipping . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. When the New York Rangers limped off the ice after being whacked by the Pittsburgh Penguins in five games in the first round of the playoffs last spring, it was hard not to imagine that it likely marked the end of an era. Goalie?Henrik Lundqvist had been yanked twice and looked beaten down. The Rangers defense that had backchecked the team to the Stanley Cup finals in 2014 and conference final appearances in 2012 and 2015 looked broken. Rick Nash was a nonfactor.In short, it was hard not to imagine the future as anything but bleak for the Broadway Blueshirts. But credit general manager Jeff Gorton with somehow retooling the Rangers on the fly by acquiring highly touted college free agent Jimmy Vesey, intriguing center Mika Zibanejad and free-agent forward Brandon Pirri. Was it a shuffling of the deck chairs or a bold reinvigorating of the Rangers lineup that will help get them back in the playoffs for the 11th time in 12 seasons?Biggest new facesI must admit Im still not sure how Vesey ended up with the Rangers, given how they finished the season and the fact that it looked like the window was closing on their championship potential. But good on Gorton and assorted New York celebrities for making the Rangers an attractive option for the collegiate star.Pirri had 22 goals in just 49 games for the?Florida Panthers?in 2014-15 but has struggled to find a permanent NHL home, having bounced from the?Chicago Blackhawks to the Panthers to the Anaheim Ducks,?for whom he played just nine games last season before signing with New York. But he has impressed from the get-go with the Rangers and could be another important depth piece.Zibanejad came at the expense of Derick Brassard, but hes younger, brings more size and has, in theory, a better two-way game. Michael Grabner and Nathan Gerbe?will help fill in spaces among a much-different-looking forward contingent. On the blue line, neither?Nick Holden?--?acquired from the Colorado Avalanche -- nor?Adam Clendening?will replace Keith Yandle,?who likely was the Rangers most consistent defender over the last half of the seeason but who ended up signing a big contract with Florida.ddddddddddddBiggest unknownsWill the blue line return to its former state, or are those days gone forever? I chatted with Ryan McDonagh in Minnesota during the offseason, and the Rangers captain said he is committed to returning to his former status as a nightly difference-maker. The same must happen for Marc Staal and Dan Girardi, both of whom saw their games slide dramatically last season.Up front, how will all the new, younger faces meld together? And is there enough offense there to keep the Rangers comfortably in the playoff picture? The talent is certainly there, so its up to coach Alain Vigneault to get the most out of this group. Speaking of Vigneault, can he help the Rangers penalty kill get up off the mat after the unit finished 26th last season?Sure thingsWe actually wrestled with where to slot in The King in this preview. Is Lundqvist a sure thing or big question mark? As noted, the playoffs ended on a sour note for the one player most responsible for the Rangers significant success over the past decade, with Lundqvist sporting a 4.39 goals-against average. Its fair to say this season looms large for the 34-year-old Lundqvist. But he was excellent at the World Cup of Hockey (even if his Swedish teammates were less so).The bottom line is that Lundqvist has to be, well, Lundqvist, and if he is, the team is playoff bound and should be a handful. If hes not, if time is starting to wear down the former Vezina Trophy winner, then it wont really matter what else has been done to this lineup. The Rangers will be in trouble.PredictionI still think Lundqvist is capable of delivering the goods, and I like what the Rangers have done to get younger and faster up front without really sacrificing skill. I fully expect them to be better in their own zone and ultimately finish where they end up pretty much every spring -- in the playoffs. Fourth in the Metropolitan Division. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz