Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

01.03.2019 08:48
Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off qu Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- American Ibtihaj Muhammad looked like any other fencer when she stepped on the piste -- save for the nondescript black scarf covering her head.With that small gesture, Muhammad made history.Muhammad on Monday became the first American athlete to compete in the Olympics with a hijab, which she wears to adhere to the tenets of her Muslim faith.Muhammad, ranked eighth in the world in sabre, beat Ukrainian Olena Kravatska 15-13 in her first match before falling to Frances Cecilia Berder 15-12 in the round of 16.Muhammad will compete again Saturday in the team sabre event.I feel like its a blessing to be able to represent so many people who dont have voices, who dont speak up, Muhammad said. Its just been a really remarkable experience.Muhammad, a New Jersey native and three-time NCAA All-American from Duke, became an instant star when she qualified for her first Olympics earlier this year.Muhammad embraced the spotlight, which helped make her an unlikely face of the U.S. team given how little publicity fencing typically receives.It represents who shes been her entire life. Ever since she was a little girl, she never let anything hold her back. She never set limits. Shes always striving to be the very best, said Ibtihajs brother Qareeb, who was overcome with emotion when he saw his sister compete. Despite the adversity shes faced; being a Muslim, being an African-American, being a female, shes still confident in her ability to be successful. Shes my hero.Muhammads siblings, parents and friends came to Rio from as far away as Los Angeles and New Jersey to cheer her on, giving Muhammad a standing ovation ahead of her first match.Muhammad got off to a shaky start against Kravatska, but she rallied with a string of points that put her over the top.But Berder, ranked ninth, took control of their round of 16 match midway through and rolled to victory. Muhammad was so frustrated by her performance that she needed over an hour to compose herself before meeting reporters.In a sport like fencing, youre your own biggest opponent. If you can control yourself and your nerves and your emotions and execute the actions that you want to execute in the way that you want to execute, youll always be successful. I failed to do that, Muhammad said.Muhammads history-making moment overshadowed the upset loss by teammates Mariel Zagunis in the round of 16.Zagunis, a two-time Olympic gold medalist ranked third in the world, was beaten by Russias Ekaterina Dyachenko 15-12.Still, Muhammad and Zagunis are two major reasons the Americans will be a medal favorite Saturday.There is that silver lining in the sense that you do have that team event. I know that the Americans didnt perform in the way that we wanted, but I love my team, I love my teammates and I believe in them. I believe in myself. I believe in us, and I want us to win a medal more than anything. I want us to do it for our country, Muhammad said. Preston Tucker Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Scott Kazmir Jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. http://www.thebravesteamshop.com/Braves-Nick-Markakis-Kids-Jersey/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Chipper Jones Jersey . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. John Smoltz Jersey . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. South Sydney forward Tom Burgess is facing suspension for a shoulder charge in his teams 20-12 NRL loss to Manly on Monday night.Burgess was handed a grade one charge by the match review panel on Tuesday for a hit on Manly playmaker Daly Cherry-Evans in the 77th minuute at Allianz Stadium.ddddddddddddHe will miss one match with an early guilty plea and risks a two-match ban if he contests the charge. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz