Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

01.03.2019 08:48
of the World Cup eventually ended her career Antworten

HAINAN, China -- Minjee Lee birdied the final three holes for a 7-under 65 and a 2-stroke lead Thursday in the Blue Bay LPGA, playing in perfect conditions two days after Typhoon Sarika hit the resort.Lee hit a long flop shot to a foot from a difficult angle on the par-5 18th on Jian Lakes Blue Bay course, back in top shape after a large cleanup effort. The 20-year-old Australian was delayed traveling from the HanaBank Championship, which ended Sunday in South Korea, and finally got to the resort Wednesday, limiting her to nine holes of practice.Maybe its better, Lee said. I think it was pretty similar for a lot of the girls. I just took it as it is. Its OK. ... We have an amazing view from our hotel room, and the course is in great condition. I think were really lucky to be here.Jessica Korda of the U.S. and Sandra Gal of Germany shot 67 on the long course with large rolling, tiered greens with small effective landing areas.Its in great shape, and we had no wind, Gal said. Theres lot of tiers and little pockets on the greens, so you really got to know where to pitch it, and you got to be sharp with your wedges and distances.Lee hit to 6 inches to set up a birdie on the par-5 14th. She has two LPGA Tour victories, winning last year in Kingsmill and in April in Hawaii.I just took it one shot at a time and didnt get ahead of myself, Lee said. Just played my own game today, and a lot of my putts dropped.Gal holed out from 89 yards for eagle on the par-4 second hole. She settled for par on No. 18 when her chip from light rough just off the green hit the downslope, ticked the flagstick and ended up 12 feet away.I think were very lucky that the course is in such great shape and that we all got here safe and the typhoon didnt do too much damage, Gal said. Its all good.Korda birdied three of the final four holes.Spains Carlota Ciganda, coming off a playoff victory last week in Incheon for her first LPGA Tour title, was 3 strokes back at 68 along with South Koreas Chella Choi.Ciganda didnt practice after arriving late.I thought it was better to rest, Ciganda said. I knew the course, and my caddie just went and walked the course. Just hit some chips and putts to try to get the speed of the greens. No practice. Just go and play. I like it. Keep it simple.Canadas Brooke Henderson birdied four of the last five to join Germanys Caroline Masson and American Austin Ernst at 69. The 19-year-old Henderson is playing for the fourth straight week in Asia and plans to make it six in a row with stops in Malaysia and Japan.South Koreas Sei Young Kim, the winner last year in the wind without shooting a round in the 60s, opened with a 71. Second-ranked Ariya Jutanugarn also shot 71. The Thai star leads the tour with five victories.Michelle Wie had a 72, playing alongside Gal and Na Yeon Choi. The slumping American got into the field on a sponsor exemption.Just going to play out the rest of the season, and then Im going to go back home to Hawaii, take some time off and try to regroup for next year, Wie said.Na Yeon Choi had two double-bogeys in an 82. The South Korean player threw her ball in the water on No. 18 after missing a 12-foot eagle putt and tapping in for her lone birdie. Nike React Discount Cheap . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Wholesale Nike React Online . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. http://www.cheapnikereact.us/ .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Nike React Sale Outlet . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. Clearance Nike React Running Shoes .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Pia Sundhage knows exactly what the moment feels like when Sweden beats Germany in a major tournament. When those two foes play for Olympic gold inside the Maracana on Friday (4:30 p.m. ET), the latest challenge for the Swedish womens national team coach is that none of her players share the same knowledge.A tournament of obstacles overcome comes down to one that seems forever insurmountable.Host of the Womens World Cup in 1995, Sweden lost its opener and trailed Germany by two goals in the second half of its second game. But fueled in part by Sundhages tying goal in the 80th minute, the Swedes rallied to win. The tournament ultimately didnt end in glory for them, but it at least ended respectably in the knockout rounds.The encore has been a long time coming. Fridays final will be the 10th meeting in a major tournament (i.e. European Championship, Olympics and World Cup) between the northern European countries since the 95 World Cup.Germany is 9-0-0 in that span. And in almost 14 hours of soccer across nine games, Sweden scored just three goals.Stina Blackstenius, Swedens goal scorer in its quarterfinal against the United States in Brasilia, was not yet born when Sweden last beat Germany in a major event.No wonder, then, that when asked to favor the media with a song during a news conference Thursday in Rio, Sundhage turned to Bob Dylan as inspiration.Times, they are a changin, she sang.A program with a proud history, Sweden is an unlikely finalist in these Olympics.Forget for a moment the teams results here in Brazil. Sweden wasnt even supposed to be in the Rio Games. There is no Olympic qualifying tournament in UEFA, the European governing body. The Olympics are awarded to the teams that perform the best in the previous years World Cup. And no one, the Swedes included, would have described their performance in Canada as the best of anything. Three draws in group play allowed them to slip through to the knockout phase as a third-place team a year ago, but they were quickly dispatched once there.Englands third-place World Cup finish should have sent it to Brazil alongside France and Germany. Instead, with England unable to play, Sweden gained a reprieve in a four-team, round-robin playoff that also included the Netherlands, Norway and Switzerland.Sweden forward Sofia Jakobsson said this week that it was in those games played in March -- 1-0 wins in its first two games and the 1-1 draw that was all it needed in the final game against the host Dutch -- that this particular group of players honed the park-the-bus defending used to such great effect against the United States and Brazil in recent days.That was the mountain Sweden had to climb before it lost to Brazil 5-1 in its second game in this tournament. And then came the penalty kick shootouts against both the United States and Brazil to reach Fridays final.And who stands in Swedens way? The Germans. Of course.Germany sent Sweden home from the 2015 World Cup in unforgiving fashion, a 4-1 win in the first round of an expanded knockout round.Germany also denied Sweden its other opportunities to win a title: a 2-1 result in the 2003 World Cup final in Carson, California, and a 1-0 result in the 2001 Euro final. The Germans beat the Swedes for an Olympic bronze in Athens in 2004. They beat them in various group stages.It wasnt said about this rivalry, or even about the correct gender in thiss instance, but never has the oft-repeated Gary Lineker quip been more accurate.ddddddddddddFootball is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end, the Germans always win.Yet these Germans might be bemused to find themselves in the role of Goliath, given the path they followed to Rio. Although fully capable of the piercingly skeptical stoicism one might ascribe a German technician in such settings, coach Silvia Neid was as relaxed and jovial as her old foe and friend from Sweden. (Neid was on the field when Sundhage scored that goal in 1995.) She sounded like a coach appreciative of a trip that wasnt a given for her final game in charge.This German team has been far from the nearly flawless operation that won World Cups in 2003 and 2007. Eliminated by the United States in a World Cup semifinal a year ago, it lost again to the Americans in a quasi-competitive game this spring. More significantly, it lost to Canada in the group stage in Brasilia after scrambling just to earn a draw against Australia days earlier Sao Paulo. The loss was its first in the Olympic group stage since the first tournament in 1996.Gone are familiar faces like goalkeeper Nadine Angerer and, still in her prime, Celia Sasic. An ankle injury in the Olympic opener against Zimbabwe ended Simone Laudehrs tournament. The injuries that kept Nadine Kessler out of the World Cup eventually ended her career at 28 years old. Now 30, Lena Goesslings role is diminished.Much to her credit, if also out of necessity, Neid is using her final run as coach in part to prepare the way for successor Steffi Jones. In its semifinal win against the same Canadian side that earlier defeated it, Germany started seven players 25 years old or younger. There is experience on the bench, but Germany is in the midst of its own youth movement.I dont think we have a psychological advantage at all, Neid said via a translator. As a matter of fact, on the contrary, because Sweden has played here before, they know atmosphere, they know the stadium, if anything, they would have an advantage.So will any German vulnerability tempt Sweden out of the bunker it deployed with such success, and curiously to so much criticism, against the United States and Brazil?Even Sundhage, prone by her own admission to say anything, kept her plan to herself. But asked yet again about the style that has critics beyond just Hope Solo, she offered a rebuttal that sounded like someone unbowed.My responsibility is to try to find a way to win, Sundhage said. That is all that matters, especially [Friday]. That discussion whether the womens game is going one direction or another, thats very interesting, but its not my task to make sure we have that discussion.Gold will be decided not by the past but the present, whether these Germans are ready to break down these Swedes. Still, with so much of the history of a rivalry present on the pitch, it is difficult to ignore. Germany will remain Swedens biggest challenge. Until it isnt.Germany is a very good team, and more so they have a great history and have some big wins behind them, Sundhage said. Then again, theyve been winning against us a couple of times -- too many times, in my opinion.I think its about time to change that, and were going to try. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz