Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

05.03.2019 07:53
after closer Roberto Osuna left with a Antworten

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Watching cornerback Jalen Ramsey knock down a pass in the final minute against Chicago was nothing new for the Jacksonville Jaguars.They see it nearly every Friday -- in walkthrough.Blake Bortles has even stopped throwing Ramseys way during the slow-motion period, tired of Ramsey swatting away ever lob pass in a session designed for completions.I never want to get a ball caught on me wherever, whenever, Ramsey said Monday, a day after a 17-16 victory at the Bears. Like if someone threw a ball right now in the locker room, Id probably try to bat it down. Its just a mindset.It proved to be a winning attitude Sunday.Ramsey made a diving deflection on a fourth-and-10 pass to Alshon Jeffery, a game-sealing play that was the latest and greatest for Jacksonvilles remarkable rookie. Jeffery caught six passes for 90 yards against Ramsey in the first half, but had just one reception for three yards after the break.This is what I asked for, Ramsey said. I wouldnt want it any other way. I want to go up against the best and not only make a name for myself, but I feel like when I go up against the best and I do well, that can help the whole defense.Shutting down a No. 1 threat or a No. 1 option helps other guys make plays.Ramsey, the fifth overall pick in the NFL draft, has quickly become Jacksonvilles top cornerback and could be one of the best in the league by the end of the season. He kept Green Bays Jordy Nelson in check in the season opener. He frustrated Baltimores Steve Smith last month. He held Indianapolis T.Y. Hilton to 42 yards receiving in London earlier this month.And he was at his best in the second half against Jeffery, especially on Chicagos final play.Ramsey remembered what he had heard all week: that the Bears failed to get Jeffery the ball on their final play against the Colts last week. So he figured quarterback Brian Hoyer would be looking for Jeffery this time around.I knew it was coming. I knew they were going to Alshon. Period. I knew it, Ramsey said.They did, and Ramsey was ready. He undercut the dig route, batted the ball away and started Jacksonvilles celebration. It was just the third time in franchise history the Jaguars (2-3) won a game in which they trailed by double digits in the fourth quarter.As great as the final 15 minutes were for Jacksonville, the first three quarters showed the team still has plenty to work on before hosting the Oakland Raiders (4-2) on Sunday:-Bortles, who threw his seventh interception of the season and also fumbled, has to limit turnovers . He also has to find a way to get receiver Allen Robinson and tight end Julius Thomas more involved.-The Jaguars, last in the NFL in rushing, have to do something to improve their ground game .I cant argue with the run game, coach Gus Bradley said. Its not coming along. Some of the same things are popping up. It all comes back to why arent we playing fast? It doesnt look to me that when were out there the offensive line, tight ends and everybody, were executing.It comes down to execution, technique, but theres just not a certain speed or urgency in our play. Whether its too complicated, something is holding us back from playing as aggressively as we need to in the run game. Thats where our attention is now. How do we get this fixed?The Jaguars have made a significant turnaround on the defensive side of the ball, moving from 24th in yards in 2015 to eighth this year.Ramsey, who likely will shadow Amari Cooper this week, has been a big reason for the jump.He doesnt want to lose in checkers, defensive coordinator Todd Wash said. I think thats one of the things that is going to make him a special player throughout his career is how competitive he is.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Authentic Adidas Shoes Sale . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Cheap Adidas Shoes . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. http://www.discountadidasshoes.com/ .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Adidas Shoes Outlet . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. Wholesale Adidas Shoes . LOUIS -- St. TORONTO -- Zach Britton was perfect for Baltimore at all the right times during the regular season.For manager Buck Showalter, the right time never came Tuesday night.Showalter left Britton in the bullpen while Ubaldo Jimenez allowed Edwin Encarnacions game-ending home run in the 11th inning, and the Orioles season ended with a 5-2 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays in the AL wild-card game.Britton converted all 47 of his save chances during the regular season, but the All-Star closer wasnt among the seven pitchers Baltimore used in the winner-take-all game.(Britton) was fine, Showalter said, adding that I considered a lot of things during the course of the game, but our guys did a good job getting us to that point. We just couldnt finish it off. Yeah, he was available.Showalter used setup men Brad Brach and Darren ODay to navigate the top of Torontos order over the eighth and ninth innings and let ODay work the 10th.Left-hander Brian Duensing relieved ODay to begin the 11th and struck out lefty Ezequiel Carrera looking. Then entered Jimenez, who had a 5.44 ERA during the regular season.Jimenez allowed three hits on three pitches, the last Encarnacions homer on a 91 mph fastball.Baltimore had 10 pitchers available for the wild-card game, leaving only Britton, Tommy Hunter and starter Dylan Bundy unused.Britton warmed up three times.Its frustrating but its not my call, Britton said. It was just frustrating to have to sit there and watch.Showalter has said hed vote Britton for the AL Cy Young Award if he could, and now faces a long winter having left his bullpen ace on the bench.Jimenez entered with one out and allowed consecutive singles to Devon Travis and Josh Donaldson, with Travis reaching third when left fielder Nolan Reimold bobbled Donaldsons bouncing hit. With the infield in, Encarnacion sent the following pitch into the second deck in left field. Encarnacion immediately knew it was gone and raised both arms in triumph, index fingers pointed skyward.I was looking for a fastball and I was trying to put the barrel on it, get a little bit in front because the infield was playing in, and I actually got it, Encarnacion said through a translator.Showalter pointed to Jimenezs second-half resurgence in defending the decision -- Jimenez was 3-2 with a 2.45 ERA in his final seven starts.Nobody has been pitching better for us than Ubaldo, Showalter said. So therres a lot of different ways to look at it, so thats the way we went.dddddddddddd It didnt work out.Gibbons wasnt surprised to see Showalter hold back his closer on the road.I never question what anyone else does because youve got to make tough decisions, Gibbons said. You know what, most people dont ever agree with your decisions regardless.Torontos Francisco Liriano retired five straight batters on four groundouts and a strikeout for the win after closer Roberto Osuna left with a sore shoulder.The roof was open at Rogers Centre, formerly SkyDome, where all 24 previous postseason games had been played with it closed.Toronto opens the Division Series at Texas on Thursday.Jose Bautista led off the second against Chris Tillman with his fifth postseason homer. Mark Trumbo, who led the major leagues with 47 home runs, gave Baltimore a 2-1 lead in the fourth with a two-run homer off Marcus Stroman.Ezequiel Carreras RBI single chased Tillman in the fifth.PATHETIC AS IT GETSWhen Toronto pinch-hitter Melvin Upton Jr. flied out to the warning track in left field to end the seventh, Orioles outfielder Hyun Soo Kim was nearly struck by a can that was thrown from the stands. Center fielder Adam Jones angrily gestured toward the seats, and Showalter came out to register his displeasure with the umpires.Its tough when you have that many people in the ballpark and one person does something that reflects poorly on all of them, Showalter said. It can happen in any ballpark. I dont like anything that puts our guys in harms way.Jones wasnt as diplomatic as his manager.That is about as pathetic as it gets, Jones said. I hope they find the guy and press charges.Blue Jays spokesman Erik Grosman said the fan was not ejected because he took off before police had a chance to get him. Police are investigating.Blue Jays fans tossed bottles and debris on the field during Game 5 against Texas last year, upset at the call that let Rougned Odor score from third after catcher Russell Martins throw back to the mound deflected off Shin Soo Choos bat.SLIM PICKINGSBaltimore was held hitless after Manny Machados infield single in the sixth.EXTRA, EXTRA!This was the second extra-inning wild card game. Kansas City rallied to beat Oakland 9-8 in 12 innings in 2014. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz