Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

15.03.2019 06:14
Jason Giambi, who is on the disabled list, ba Antworten

CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks had Brad Richards at second-line centre for much of training camp, and then coach Joel Quenneville returned Andrew Shaw to that role near the end of the preseason.Sure looks like a smart move right now.Shaw, Patrick Kane and Brandon Saad combined for two goals and five assists, and the Blackhawks used a four-goal third period to beat the Buffalo Sabres 6-2 in their home opener on Saturday night.It is satisfying. Playing with those two guys, you know theyre going to make plays, Shaw said, so I just try to go to the dirty areas and get them the puck and go to the net and they seem to make a lot of things happen.Shaw, Kane and Saad helped lead Chicago back from a 3-1 deficit in the Western Conference final last season, but the Stanley Cup champion Kings won Game 7 in overtime. The Blackhawks then signed Richards in the off-season, but it looks as if Shaw is right at home playing centre behind captain Jonathan Toews.That line had a couple of shifts that were pretty impressive in the third period, Quenneville said.Zemgus Girgensons and Tyler Ennis scored in the first period for Buffalo, which lost 3-1 to Columbus in its season opener on Thursday night. Drew Stafford had two assists and Jhonas Enroth had 41 stops.In the third period, their star players turned it up a notch and we didnt, Sabres coach Ted Nolan said.Shaw and Kane each had a goal and an assist in the Blackhawks fifth consecutive win against the Sabres. Saad had a career-high three assists and Corey Crawford made 21 saves.I think we started really well, and we forgot to play defence, said Marian Hossa, who had a short-handed goal in the third. They just kept coming and it was a tie game. But we had more chances and more shots, and eventually we played better defensively.The game was tied at 2 when Kane one-timed a backhand pass from Shaw past Enroth at 5:58 of the third. It was the first of the season for the Buffalo native, who has five career goals against his hometown team.Chicago poured it on from there. Hossa had a short-handed score at 10:03, Patrick Sharp converted a long power-play slap shot and Daniel Carcillo tapped in a feed from Saad with 2:37 left.We just got outplayed, Ennis said. We didnt have any power plays going in the third and we were giving up tons and its not acceptable to play like that on the power plays with the man advantages.Coming off a 3-2 shootout win at Dallas in their season opener, a victory that Quenneville said they stole from the Stars, the Blackhawks jumped out to a fast start against the Sabres.Shaw tipped Niklas Hjalmarssons long shot past Enroth just 59 seconds into the game. Duncan Keith then had another long shot go off the stick of a Buffalo player and into the upper right corner for a 2-0 lead at 2:52 of the first.With the crowd of 22,012 looking for a quick knockout, Enroth settled down and the Sabres went to work on Crawford. Girgensons poked home a rebound to get Buffalo on the board, and Ennis scored on a short-handed breakaway to make it 2-2 at 18:40.Stafford set up the tying score when he intercepted a pass from Richards near the blue line and played it forward to a streaking Ennis, who skated in on Crawford for his first goal of the season. The Blackhawks went 1 for 4 on the power play.Chicago had a chance to go in front in the final seconds of the first, but Enroth made a great save on Jonathan Toews right in front of the net.Buffalo had the best opportunity in the scoreless second period. After Blackhawks defenceman David Rundblad failed to control the puck at the point, Nicolas Deslauriers got loose for a breakaway, but was stopped by Crawford, leading to chants of Co-rey! Co-rey! from the crowd.NOTES: The Flames scratched C Brian Flynn and Ds Tyson Strachan and Nikita Zadorov. ... F Kris Versteeg and Ds Kyle Cumiskey and Michal Rozsival were the scratches for the Blackhawks ... Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon received a standing ovation before he participated in the shoot the puck contest in between the second and third periods.___Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic . -- Jonas Hiller is cautiously confident he has kicked his vertigo. Jake Muzzin Jersey . James Jones got his turn Sunday. And the lift he brought, combined with the expected playoff showings from LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, have the Heat off and running in these playoffs. http://www.cheaplosangeleskingsjerseys.c...-doughty-jersey... maybe even more than that. Maybe all season I have to take a few blows. Christian Folin Jersey . - Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr has nothing but good problems right now. Luc Robitaille Jersey . Neither made it that far in 2013. Not even close. Federer lost his second match at the All England Club. Nadal exited in the first round, a year after bowing out in the second.MINNEAPOLIS - Raul Ibanezs first opportunity to be an everyday major league player came with the Kansas City Royals. Returning to the Royals more than a decade later, his hope is for another experience: post-season play. The Royals signed the 42-year-old Ibanez Monday, nine days after he was released by the Los Angeles Angels. "Its been in the works for a while. I was really excited about the opportunity to come here. I like the makeup of the club, and I like the possibilities. Theyre endless," Ibanez said in Minnesota before the Royals played the Twins. "Theres a great opportunity to do some special things here." The Royals entered Monday 3 1/2 games behind first-place Detroit in the AL Central and 1 1/2 games out of a wild-card spot. Manager Ned Yost said hell probably play Ibanez in the outfield, at first base and as the designated hitter. "Hes what we call a professional hitter," Yost said. "So we think hes going to be a big addition to our team." Ibanez, the second-oldest active player in the majors behind Clevelands Jason Giambi, who is on the disabled list, batted just .157 in 57 games for the Angels. Though 10 of his 26 hits were for extra bases, he said his balance was "totally off" at the plate. "Im just going to be myself and try to help this team any way I can," Ibanez said. This is his fifth team since 2011. Ibanez hit 29 home runs just last year for Seattlee, the team that he broke in with in 1996.dddddddddddd He didnt regularly crack the lineup until joining the Royals in 2001, and in 2002 he had his breakout year with a .294 batting average, 37 doubles, 24 home runs and 103 RBIs in 137 games. "I have some very fond memories of the city. My son was born in Kansas City. Nothing would please me more than to be part of something that hasnt been done here in a long time, and thats getting into the post-season," Ibanez said. "Ive been in from the other side, and when youre playing against them you look at that team and you realize how far the organization has come and how much progress theyve made." The Royals made several moves Monday. Ibanez and infielder Christian Colon were added to the roster, and infielder Pedro Ciriaco and outfielder Justin Maxwell were designated for assignment. Colon was recalled from Triple-A. The fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft was batting .296 with 48 runs, 14 doubles and 14 steals in 74 games for Omaha. Yost said Colon will play second base, shortstop and third base. Kansas City also traded left-hander Donnie Joseph to the Miami Marlins for cash. He was designated for assignment on June 24. The 26-year-old Joseph pitched in one game for Kansas City this season, getting two outs on June 16 in Detroit. The Royals got him during the 2012 season in a trade that sent reliever Jonathan Broxton to Cincinnati. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz