Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

15.03.2019 06:40
The BC Lions embark on what they hope Antworten

After an astonishing 2013 season that saw 18 different QBs make starts this season, 19 if you count Buck Pierce twice (Winnipeg and BC), theres still plenty of uncertainty at that position heading into the playoffs. Lets start out west and work our way across the country, from left to right with the teams in the Semi-Finals... The BC Lions embark on what they hope is a three-game road trip with a quarterbacking situation that has been patch worked together as best it could be since Travis Lulay went down with a partially dislocated right shoulder on September 15. Yes, thats his throwing shoulder! Thomas DeMarco, the strong armed second-year quarterback from Old Dominion did himself proud when he went 3-3 in replace of Lulay. He gained valuable experience this season and a highlight was finding success at Mosaic Stadium in his first career start, leading his team to a game-winning drive with under a minute to go. His poise, arm strength and positive experience on that day could prove to be extremely important if the Lions can play their way back to Saskatechewan on November 24. Making the stable of quarterbacks for the Lions even more stable is the unstable and electrifying Buck Pierce... Since coming to the Lions in a mid-season September trade, Pierce has been biding his time and digesting the Lions playbook. Taking the reins in relief of DeMarco versus Edmonton two weeks ago, Buck quickly reminded all CFL fans what makes him so special: his unabated approach to doing whatever it takes to win football games. A spectacular block, 50 yards down field, springing his running back Stefan Logan into the end zone and three TD strikes later, Pierce astonished us all with his brilliant and courageous play! His play that day and the last week of the regular season against the Stampeders vaulted him into the No. 1 slot moving into post season play. I say this in spite of Lulays triumphant return last week where we saw the Lions franchise player complete 3 of 4 passes for 54 yards and rush for a touchdown on a perfectly executed read-option play. I had a chance to speak to all three of these quarterbacks at length while covering that ball game and its extremely enlightening just how different each one of these capable quarterbacks stories really are heading into the playoffs. DeMarco is hoping hes done enough to stick as a viable option for the Lions in the future. In my opinion, he has and then some. Given the chance during the playoffs, he must make better decisions in taking care of the football and be more apt to make things happen with his legs. If he does that, the quarterback nicknamed "Little Dunigan" will be just fine. Plain and simple, Buck is grateful for this excellent opportunity. From where he started this year in Winnipeg, down about 15 pounds (so he could move quicker) to where he is now, back up to fighting weight (approximately 210) and with the green light from head coach Mike Benevides to cut it loose and go play, its remarkable. I believe they should ride Pierce as deep into the playoffs as he can go. He has the arm strength, foot speed and that special "it" factor that is infectious when he is rolling. As coach John Jenkins used to say to me all the time, “I got a pocket full of quarters Hoss, put another one in ride and lets roll.” The Lions should ride Pierce until that pocket is empty.He gives this team a veteran presence and certainly has the skill set, by land or by air to inflict serious damage on Saskatchewans defence. With the added run game emphasis and change in philosophy four weeks ago to revamp that dormant run game, Pierces speed and ability to run presents far more problems for Saskatchewan. Andrew Harris, Logan and Pierce form a potentially deadly trio to account for. As for Lulay, after what I witnessed the other night in BC Place, I believe hes not ready. Its one thing to make some throws during practice with no setbacks, and its one thing to complete three passes and score a touchdown in a real game without a hand being laid on you, but its a totally different ball game when asked to make all the throws on the field and take real football shots from an angry Rider Nation defence looking to punish an already wonky throwing shoulder any chance they get. I can tell you his arm isnt anywhere near 100% and being the future of the Lions, Id be surprised if he started, but could see him coming in off the bench at some point. Understand that this goes against the philosophy I believe in, which I learned from the legendary quarterback and head coach Jackie Parker: if you are not healthy enough to dress and start then you arent healthy enough to play. But all bets are off during the playoffs! I believe Jackie would agree... The Lions are just looking to advance one week at a time. Finding a way, with all three of these very different quarterbacks and there unique individual plights to bring home the Grey Cup while celebrating their 60th year as a franchise. Question is will they risk the franchise player for the sake of the franchise? Ready Break!!! Cheap Nike Dunk For Sale . The Irish golfer, whose father Patrick died from cancer, says he underwent surgery for sun spots. The 42-year-old Harrington told Irish radio station Today FM: "Ive had a number of skin cancers removed off my face. Nike Shoes Dunk . He could have transferred when academic sanctions barred the Huskies from the NCAA tournament his junior season. http://www.cheapnikedunk.net/. Watch the announcement live on TSN.ca at 12:30pm et/9:30am pt. This years honourees will be recognized at the 2014 Hockey Canada Foundation Celebrity Classic, scheduled for June 23-24 in Vancouver. Cheap Nike Dunk Free Shipping . The mood in Seattle was electrified as the parade featuring the NFL champions began near the Space Needle and made its way to CenturyLink Field, the home of the team. At a ceremony inside the stadium, the team thanked its loyal followers -- the 12th Man -- capping a day of boisterous celebration that drew an estimated 700,000 revelers to Seattle. Wholesale Nike Dunk . TSN platforms will broadcast 75+ live games per season – tripling the networks current slate of MLB games. With the new deal TSN retains rights to ESPNs SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL and, for the first time, acquires rights to ESPNs MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL and WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL.As the Winnipeg Jets continue to try and find the game they need to play in the Western Conferences Central Division, a familiar foe from their old Southeast Division days is in town, as they host the Washington Capitals for the only time this regular season at MTS Centre. This is the Jets final game of a six-game homestand, where they are 2-3, thus far. Evander Kane leads the team in scoring with five goals and has scored in consecutive games. The Jets (4-5) sit sixth in the Central, three points behind the joint first-place St. Louis Blues and Nashville Predators. The Capitals (3-5, fifth in the Metropolitan Division) are beginning a four-game western Canadian swing that will also see stops in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. Washington owns the top power play in the NHL (33 per cent) and have four goals in nine opportunities on the road. With the Capitals comes Jets-killer, Alexander Ovechkin. In 53 career games against the Thrashers/Jets, the Caapitals captain has 38 goals and 40 assists.dddddddddddd The MTS Centre will also be welcoming back former Jet Eric Fehr, who has been moved to centre by Capitals head coach Adam Oates. In the last 10 meeting between the two clubs, the Capitals are 6-2-2, having won the last four encounters. The two teams will meet again on February 6th at the Verizon Center in Washington. Ondrej Pavelec is expected to start his fourth-consecutive game in goal for the Jets, while Braden Holtby is expected to counter for the Capitals. The Jets held an optional pregame skate Tuesday morning, but ran with the following lines at Mondays practice: Kane-Scheifele-WheelerLadd-Little-SetoguchiHalischuk-Jokinen-FrolikWright-Cormier-Peluso Clitsome-ByfuglienEnstrom-BogosianPardy-Postma Capitals Projected Lines: Johansson-Backstrom-OvechkinErat-Laich-BrouwerChimera-Grabovski-WardVolpatti-Fehr-Wilson Alzner-CarlsonSchmidt-GreenErskine-Olesky ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz