Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

02.04.2019 05:46
l, we settled down to play pretty good offensively Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- Sam Darnold has a knack for turning potential disasters into something special.Southern Californias remarkable freshman quarterback does it all the time on broken plays. Instead of robotically falling on the ball when a snap goes awry or a handoff is misplaced, he often attempts to improvise a happy ending to a perilous situation.Not always, but sometimes its good to try to make a play, Darnold said. I like trying it sometimes.Speaking of potential disasters, Darnold has done a pretty great job saving USCs season as well.Darnold is the engine driving the No. 15 Trojans (7-3, 6-2 Pac-12) from their 1/3 start to a six-game winning streak heading into Saturday nights crosstown showdown with UCLA (4-6, 2-5).With a confident arm and that incredible elusiveness in the backfield, Darnold has completed 68.1 percent of his passes for 2,161 yards this season. He has 22 touchdown passes and six interceptions, and he does it all with a buccaneering playing style that reminds everybody football is supposed to be fun.More importantly, Darnold has won six straight starts since losing his first. The Trojans have roared back from their brutal September schedule into contention for a Pac-12 South title, taking the pressure off first-year permanent head coach Clay Helton in the process.Hes not a finished product by any means, but hes helping us win football games, said Helton, the Trojans former quarterbacks coach. When you have a kid with his instinct and creative ability, I dont think you handcuff him. I told him, `Drive it like you stole it. You (have to) play the game with no fear, and he does.Darnold and Helton say they dont waste time thinking about where USC might be if Darnold had been the Trojans starting quarterback from the season opener. Max Browne started the Trojans losses away from home to top-ranked Alabama and defending Pac-12 champion Stanford before Darnold seized the job.Darnolds confidence hit a new peak last weekend when he outperformed Washington star Jake Browning, passing for 287 yards and two scores in the Trojans 26-13 upset of the previously unbeaten and fourth-ranked Huskies.Darnold slipped through Washingtons vaunted defense with his remarkable knack for scrambling and an ability to avoid trouble in the pocket. His unflappability might be the freshmans most pronounced asset.I like to credit my coaches in high school and Pop Warner, but I think it comes down to my family, and how Im raised, Darnold said. My parents did a good job keeping me confident and knowing that you just have to be cool with yourself. You cant control the past. You have to look ahead.Darnold grew up in Orange County watching Pete Carrolls dominant USC teams of the previous decade. He became enamored with the close-to-home schools swagger, and he eagerly committed to USC even with Cody Kessler, Browne and touted recruit Ricky Town blocking his path to playing time.Kessler kept the starting job for three years, and Browne served as his backup for the past two seasons. Darnold watched and practiced as a redshirt last year, dazzling his teammates and the coaches with his performances on the scout team.Darnold pushed Browne for the starting job in spring practice, which ended without Helton naming a starter. Helton clearly felt loyalty to Browne, the big-armed passer who stuck with the tumultuous USC program through multiple coaching changes.But after that 1-2 start, Helton couldnt ignore Darnold -- and now the rest of college football cant ignore the Trojans, who returned to the AP Top 25 this week.USC wont need any extra motivation for its final two regular-season games against rivals UCLA and Notre Dame. The Trojans would need help from a Colorado loss to reach the Pac-12 title game, but their fans are already looking forward to a full season with Darnold in charge in 2017.Weve got a lot of potential, Darnold said. We just want to keep pushing through this season and get the most out of it.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Boty Nike Air Max Sleva .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. Kde Koupit Levne Nike Air Max . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. http://www.levneairmax.cz/ . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Boty Nike Air Max Levně . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Nike Air Max Levně . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Torian Graham scored 22 points and Shannon Evans II had 21 to lift Arizona State to an 80-71 victory over Tulane in the losers bracket of the Tire Pros Invitational.Sam Cunliffe scored 10 for the Sun Devils who pulled away from Tulane in the final seven minutes to improve to 3-1. ASU lost its first game in the tournament by 19 points to Northern Iowa.We showed up ready to play today, ASU Coach Bobby Hurley said. I dont want to make excuses, but that game (Northern Iowa) wasnt our best effort. We were lethargic the whole time. I thought we were much more aggressive defensively and when a couple of shots fell, we settled down to play pretty good offensively.Tulane (1-3) got 22 points from Melvin Frazier Jr. and 17 from Cameron Reynolds, but the Green Wave offense fizzled in the final seven minutes when the game was still within reach.We had a nice run where we got defensive stops and were taking our time on offense, Reynolds said. But as soon as we started rushing things, we let them push it back at us and didnt defend like we should.ASU had an 11-point lead at halftime, but couldnt shake the Green Wave until late in the second half.Tulane found some room taking the ball to the basket against ASUs man-to-man defense and cut their deficit to just 61-58 when Von Julien scored on a driving layup with 7:02 left in the game.ASU center Ramon Villa woke up the Devils offeense with a follow-shot jam and Graham scored five straight points to push the lead back to a more comfortable 68-58 with just under five minutes left.ddddddddddddThe Green Wave never got closer than seven the rest of the game.BIG PICTUREArizona State: The Sun Devils were basically a no-show in its first game of the tournament, losing 82-63 to Northern Iowa, so the win over Tulane was a huge lift. The game against Northern Iowa didnt feel good at all, Graham said. We were much better at executing today. It feels good to come back and get a victory after the way we played.Tulane: Green Wave coach Mike Dunleavy was impressed with his teams effort as well. In that second half, we ran some nice sets, but they hit some shots at crucial times and that was the difference, Dunleavy said. Our guys played hard, but we missed some shots at the rim and they hit at the other end.THREE INSTEAD OF TWOTulane was six of 14 on 3-pointers in the first half, but only 2 of 9 from inside the arc. Cameron Reynolds, who missed his first five shots, hit three straight 3-pointers in a 2-minute stretch late in the half.UP NEXTArizona State will play Davidson Sunday in the fifth place game.Tulane, which has lost twice in the tournament, will play Missouri in the seventh place game Sunday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz