Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 103 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

02.04.2019 05:46
ment, does Tom Terrific become a backu Antworten

NEW YORK -- Aroldis Chapman says Cubs manager Joe Maddon misused him during the postseason, putting the hard-throwing reliever on the mound too often in Chicagos successful effort to win the World Series for the first time since 1908.Traded from the New York Yankees to Chicago in late July, Chapman got the victory in Game 7 against Cleveland after wasting an eighth-inning lead. He became a free agent and agreed to an $86 million, five-year contract to return to the Yankees, a deal finalized Thursday.I think he was wrong in the way he used me. He abused a little bit on how much he made me pitch, and sometimes he made me pitch when I didnt need to pitch, Chapman said Friday. But hes the manager. He knows his stuff. He manages the way he knows, the way he wants and the way he wants to win. It was his decision, and my duty is to be prepared. I prepare myself to be strong, so that my arm is healthy. Thank God I was able to do the job, and I could pitch the way he wanted me to.The left-hander from Cuba threw 273 pitches in 13 postseason appearances, including 42 over 2 2/3 innings in Game 5, when he got his first eight-out save in the Cubs 3-2 win.He threw 20 on one days rest to get four outs in Game 6, then 35 more in Game 7 when he entered with a 6-3 lead and allowed Brandon Guyers RBI double and Rajai Davis two-run homer.Asked for an example of misuse, Chapman cited Game 6, when he entered with a 7-2 lead in the bottom of the seventh with two on and two outs. Francisco Lindor hit a grounder to first and originally was called safe, a ruling reversed when a video review concluded Chapman beat him to the bag after catching Anthony Rizzos throw.Chapman stayed in to start the bottom of the ninth with Chicago ahead by seven runs, then was replaced by Pedro Strop after a leadoff walk.I dont think I needed to come into the game, Chapman said. Looking forward, the important game was going to be Game 7 because basically we had that game almost won. Then I had to pitch on Game 7 and I was a little tired. I felt a little different. Its not the same. I could go out to pitch, do my job, but youre not as efficient if youre tired.Maddon did not immediately respond to a message Friday seeking comment. Speaking before Game 7, he said: Yesterday that was a really clear-cut decision for me how to work that inning. The threat there, was that had we not done it, then Aroldis would have had a more stressful 1 2/3 innings in the eighth or ninth inning.Chapman also was pursued in free agency by the Miami Marlins, who made a back-loaded offer and do not offer no-trade provisions.The Marlins were close on signing me, but at the end my wish was to come back to the Yankees, he said. I also wanted to be part of a young team, like the Yankees have now and not go to the Marlins because as you all know from time to time they change their team a lot, and I wanted to have a stable team of young players where I could feel at home.Chapman, who turns 29 in February, was acquired by the Yankees from Cincinnati last December and was suspended for the first 29 games of the season under baseballs domestic violence policy stemming from an October 2015 disturbance involving his girlfriend. According to a police report, Cristina Barnea told police he pushed and choked her. Chapman said there was an argument and he was pushed down by Barneas brother. Chapman said he eventually got a handgun and fired eight shots into a wall and window while locked in his garage.Criminal charges were not filed.I was coming to this team with a problem, and the way they treated me, the way they welcomed me, the way that they helped me, starting from the manager, the staff, my teammates, they made me feel at home, Chapman said. That kind of support, its something that you need in a moment like that.Chapmans fastball reached as high at 105 mph last season, when he went 4-1 with 36 saves in 39 chances for the Yankees and Cubs. He has 636 strikeouts in 377 innings and 182 saves in seven big league seasons.Because of the domestic violence dispute, Chapman understands why some Yankees fans were disappointed New York brought him back.We are all humans. We make mistakes, and we move forward, he said. Ive done therapy over the years, and it has helped me to be a better person, and it pushes me to be a better person every day.---AP Sports Writer Ricardo Zuniga contributed to this report. Jordan 13 For Sale Canada . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. Jordan 13 Retro Canada . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. http://www.airjordan13canada.com/ . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Air Jordan 13 Discount . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Jordan 13 For Sale Cheap . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. The Panthers not only disappointed folks in the Carolinas with their Super Bowl performance in February, they also let down Pro Picks. With a chance for a winning record for the 2015 season, we went with Cam Newton and Co. over the Broncos. So we got run over by Von Miller, too.Now here we go again: Panthers vs. Broncos to open the 2016 schedule Thursday night. And call us stubborn, stupid or whatever, were right back on the Panthers (No. 1 in AP Pro32), who are 1-point favorites.Heres why.While Denvers defense still will approach all-world, the offense is in the hands of an untested second-year quarterback, Trevor Siemian. Against Carolinas solid D featuring as good a set of linebackers as the NFL has, the Broncos (No. 6 AP Pro32) arent likely to find the end zone much.Nor will the Panthers, but Cam Newton, last years MVP, believes he has a lot to prove after that mediocre Super Bowl. Prove it he will in the kickoff game.PANTHERS, 21-16---KNOCKOUT LEAGUE TIPPro Picks struggled throughout 2015 with such selections. With a fresh start, the choice is KANSAS CITY.No. 25 Miami (plus 7) at No. 4 SeattleSeahawks looking to avoid slow starts that sometimes plague them. Good chance here.BEST BET: SEAHAWKS 24, DOLPHINS 10No. 17 New York Giants (plus 3 1-2) at No. 22 DallasSomeone explain this Romo-less line to us. Two also-rans from last year, but Giants are improved on D.UPSET SPECIAL: GIANTS, 20-13No. 5 New England (plus 5) at No. 2 ArizonaSo if Jimmy G goes 4-0 as Bradys replacement, does Tom Terrific become a backup?PATRIOTS, 23-20No. 30 San Diego (plus 6 1-2) at No. 8 (tie) Kansas CityA healthy Chiefs team will be a tough out all season. But KC isnt real healthy now. Still ...CHIEFS, 26-16No. 3 Green Bay (minus 4 1-2) at No. 18 JacksonvilleLots of foolks like the Jaguars promise.dddddddddddd Packers delay any fulfillment of it.PACKERS, 27-24No. 7 Pittsburgh (minus 3) at No. 11 Washington, Monday nightCould be a fun shootout in prime time. Steelers have more weapons.STEELERS, 33-28No. 21 Buffalo (plus 2 1-2) at No. 14 BaltimoreRexs banged-up defense still shows some improvement.BILLS, 17-16No. 20 Tampa Bay (plus 3) at No. 19 AtlantaIt wont be Atlantans doing tomahawk chop Sunday, it will be former Seminole Jameis Winston.BUCCANEERS, 27-20No. 29 Chicago (plus 5) at No. 12 HoustonTexans have their QB in Osweiler, but will they have an effective J.J. Watt?TEXANS, 20-13No. 13 Oakland (plus 2) at No. 24 New OrleansBig Easy has become too easy a place for visiting teams to win.RAIDERS, 30-27No. 8 (tie) Cincinnati (minus 1) at No. 15 New York JetsIts not a playoff game, so Cincinnati isnt the Bungles yet.BENGALS, 19-16No. 10 Minnesota (minus 3 1-2) at No. 27 TennesseeHill or Bradford? Tempted to take Titans. But Adrian Peterson swings the pick.VIKINGS, 20-17No. 23 Detroit (plus 5) at No. 16 IndianapolisNot expecting much out of either team this season.LIONS, 22-21No. 26 Los Angeles (minus 2) at No. 31 San Francisco, Monday nightIf Rams are to make any noise in first year back in Hollywood, they need big opening scene.RAMS, 19-16No. 32 Cleveland (plus 4) at No. 28 PhiladelphiaA mismatch in the NBA and MLB, but almost a toss-up in NFL.EAGLES, 14-13---2015 RECORD: Against spread (126-126-7). Straight up:(162-105)Best Bet: 8-10-1 against spread, 11-8 straight up.Upset special: 9-9 against spread, 6-12 straight up.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz