Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 79 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

08.04.2019 08:32
and thats a potent lineup right now tha Antworten

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- C.J. Wilson and the Los Angeles Angels celebrated Arte Morenos 10 years as owner by cruising to another easy victory over the slumping Seattle Mariners. Wilson struck out 10 in eight innings, Josh Hamilton had a two-run single and the Angels beat the Mariners 7-1 on Wednesday for their season-high fourth straight victory. On the 10th anniversary of the day Moreno assumed control of the franchise from the Walt Disney Co., Wilson helped Los Angeles to an appropriate gift for the owner. Since Moreno took over, the Angels have won five AL West titles under manager Mike Scioscia and made the playoffs one other time as a wild card. "You have to have an owner thats committed -- not only to bringing in new guys, but also retaining guys," Wilson said. "I think people look for the big splashes like Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton and myself as free agents. But we saw Jered Weaver, Howie Kendrick and Erick Aybar get the long-term deals, and we also have guys like Mark Trumbo and Mike Trout who are going to be keystones of this organization going forth. Those things are essential as well. So Artes going to do what has to be done." Wilson (4-3) allowed a run and six hits in his longest outing since June 8, 2012, when he also went eight innings in a 7-2 interleague victory at Colorado. The left-hander won for the first time since May 1 at Oakland after losing his previous three starts, including back-to-back 3-0 decisions against Chris Sale of the Chicago White Sox. The Mariners closed out a 2-7 road trip with their season-worst sixth straight loss, leaving them seven games under .500. After the game, some of the veterans initiated a closed-door clubhouse meeting. "We just felt that it was a good time for it. It was a necessary thing to do," said outfielder Raul Ibanez, who is in his third stint with the Mariners. "Its important to remember all the good stuff thats happened with us. I think weve got a good group of guys, guys that are going to fight and guys that are going to scratch and claw. So were going to be all right." Seattle rookie Brandon Maurer (2-6) made his first major league start near his hometown of Newport Beach, and it was a disaster. The right-hander, who played his high school ball a few miles away from Angel Stadium, gave up seven runs and 11 hits in three innings. He pitched 6 1-3 innings in a 6-0 win against Los Angeles on April 25 at Seattle. But this one was much different. Less than 24 hours after the Angels cruised to a 12-0 victory for their most lopsided shutout win ever against Seattle, Maurer retired only three of his first 15 batters and trailed 6-0 after 47 pitches. Los Angeles scored five in the first on Hamiltons two-run single, Alberto Callaspos two-run double and an RBI single by Hank Conger. It could have been worse for Maurer, but Erick Aybar was thrown out trying to steal second after drawing a leadoff walk. "Hes learning so much and hes going through what every young pitcher has to go through," manager Eric Wedge said. "Hes going to be a heck of a big league pitcher once he figures all this out. Once he learns from it, hell be better physically, fundamentally, mentally and emotionally, and all those things will settle in for him." Mike Trout, coming off his first career cycle, tripled in the second for his sixth consecutive hit and scored on a single by Albert Pujols. Last seasons AL Rookie of the Year and AL MVP runner-up is batting .359 with seven homers and 22 RBIs in his last 21 games since going 1 for 8 in a 19-inning loss at Oakland on April 29. Aybar made it 7-0 with an RBI single in the third. It would be the last Angels hit until Trumbos one-out double in the seventh against Yoervis Medina. The Mariners finally got on the board in the eighth when Brendan Ryan scored on a groundout by Michael Saunders. "Theres no panic. I mean, panics not in my vocabulary, and it better not be in theirs," Wedge said. "The coolest cat wins. Were two series removed from winning five out of six series -- and even then we didnt feel like we were the ballclub we feel like could still be. So its all right there for us. We just have to go out and take it." NOTES: Mariners 1B-DH Kendrys Morales, whom the Angels traded away last December for LHP Jason Vargas, got his 500th career hit in the first inning on a single through the box and finished the day 3 for 4 with a double. ... Trout has seven hits in his last 16 at-bats, but has struck out looking seven times during that stretch. ... Weaver (broken bone in his non-pitching arm) took park in an extended spring training game at the teams Tempe, Ariz., complex. He threw 62 of his 75 pitches for strikes, allowing a run and six hits in 5 2-3 innings with nine strikeouts and no walks. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Cheap Air Max 90 For Sale . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. http://www.airmax90discount.com/ . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Air Max 90 Free Shipping . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Discount Air Max 90 .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner.MIAMI -- Carlos Gomez added another impressive offensive performance during his breakout season. Gomez had four hits, including two triples, drove in three runs, and scored three runs to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 10-1 win over the Miami Marlins on Wednesday. "He had a very big night, two triples," said Jonathan Lucroy, who drove in four runs. "Anytime you have a guy with that kind of speed and a ballpark this big, things like that are going to happen. He did very well for us tonight and a big part of the win." Gomez, a .247 hitter coming into the season, raised his batting average to .326 on the year with 11 home runs, eight triples, and 36 RBIs in 63 games. "He has put together quite a season so far," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "I had to move him into the third spot with (Ryan) Braun out and he just continues to have good at-bats. Hell get down two strikes and next thing I know hes going the other way, which is what the good hitters do. Hes been impressive." It was the eighth four-hit game in Gomezs career. Gomez had two unimpressive stints with the Mets and Twins before landing in Milwaukee in 2010. "He has learned a lot," Roenicke said. "Hes smarter, his approach is better so its playing more, but its also he has a better idea of what hes doing at the plate." His biggest play of the game came in the sixth. With the Brewers already leading 6-0, Gomez smacked a three-run triple, his third of the series, off Edgar Olmos to score three runs and scored on the play as Derek Dietrichs errant relay throw ended up in the stands. "I saw bases were loaded and tried to put contact on, I knew that guy threw really hard," Gomez said. "I was looking for something middle-away, put good contact on it, and I hit a triple." Jean Segura homered for the Brewers, who have won five of six. "The last week and a half weve been playing really good," Gomez said. "The starting pitching has been awesome. Youre more pumped up when you see the starting pitching be more consistent." Alfredo Figaro (1-0) pitched seven scoreless innings to earn his first victory since Sept. 26, 2009, at the Chicago White Sox.ddddddddddddHe retired 16 in a row at one point and struck out four. "That was the first win in a while even in Japan, no wins (in a while), so Im glad that I got the win and helped the team too," Figaro said. Both Gomez and Lucroy had bases-clearing triples as the two combined to go 12 for 24 with 12 RBIs in the three-game series. "Give those guys some credit, theyre swinging the bats good and thats a potent lineup right now thats got a lot of guys swinging the bat really well," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. It was the largest margin of victory for the Brewers this season. Miami starter Kevin Slowey (2-6) allowed six runs -- five earned -- and nine hits in five innings. He was on three days rest after he pitched seven scoreless innings of relief to earn the victory in Saturdays 2-1, 20-inning win over the Mets. "Todays game had less to do with rest and more to do with me executing pitches," Slowey said. Slowey is 0-4 with an 8.89 ERA in his past six starts. Lucroy gave the Brewers a 3-0 lead in the first with his three-run triple to right-centre as the ball rolled to the wall. Segura hit his 10th home run of the season in the third for a 4-0 advantage. Norichika Aoki and Lucroy added sacrifice flies in the fourth and fifth to push the lead to 6-0. Ed Lucas had two of Miamis five hits and Giancarlo Stanton drove in the Marlins only run in the ninth. NOTES: Brewers LF Ryan Braun (right thumb) missed his third consecutive game and has not taken batting practice since being removed from Sundays game. Braun is hopeful that he will be in the lineup for the weekend series at Cincinnati. ... Marlins 1B Logan Morrison (right knee) was given the day off after playing three straight games following being reinstated from the disabled list after being sidelined for the first 61 games. ... Miami RHP Henderson Alvarez will make his first rehab start with Class A Jupiter on Thursday. ... Both teams are off on Thursday as the Marlins will send RHP Jose Fernandez (3-3, 3.17 ERA) to the mound on Friday to begin a home series against St. Louis. RHP Kyle Lohse (2-6, 4.03) will start for Milwaukee against Cincinnati RHP Bronson Arroyo (6-5, 3.35 ERA). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz