Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

08.04.2019 08:40
defending champion Andy Murray needed on Antworten

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - Even with his surgically repaired back still nowhere near perfect, defending champion Andy Murray needed only 73 minutes to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-1 at the Sony Open on Tuesday and set up a quarterfinal with Novak Djokovic. "My game is getting there," said Murray, the No. 6 seed, who acknowledged he was dealing with a sore back. "The last six sets Ive played, very high-level tennis, very few errors." Hell need to keep it that way against Djokovic, who eased past Tommy Robredo 6-3, 7-5. The second-seeded Djokovic even gave back a point in the second set. A groundstroke from Robredo clipped the baseline and Djokovic couldnt handle it, but the ball was erroneously called out. After a review showed the ball was in, the point was ordered to be replayed. Djokovic shouted "Its OK, its OK" as the fans applauded his sportsmanship. "For me, its something that is part of the sport, fair play," Djokovic said. "I expect everybody else to do the same. Of course, not everybodys the same, but for me, thats something thats normal. Just a normal, natural reaction." Top-seeded Rafael Nadal downed 14th-seeded Fabio Fognini 6-2, 6-2. Nadal has dropped a total of nine games in six sets so far in this tournament. Singles players with a combined 66 Grand Slam victories were in action Tuesday, including Roger Federer — a winner of 17 of them himself. And he looked very much like the Federer of old, needing only 49 minutes to beat ninth-seeded Richard Gasquet 6-1, 6-2. "Look, things went well out on the court today," Federer said, clearly understating matters. Federer, the No. 5 seed, had 25 winners to Gasquets eight, converted five of his six break chances and won 92 per cent of his first-serve points in the second set. Next up for Federer is 20th-seeded Kei Nishikori, who upset No. 4 David Ferrer 7-6 (7), 2-6, 7-6 (9). Ferrer had beaten Nishikori in the same round at Key Biscayne a year ago, their most recent meeting before Tuesday. No. 22 Alexandr Dolgopolov of the Ukraine also pulled off an upset, topping third-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 to reach the quarterfinals. The last American in the mens draw was ousted when 10th-seeded John Isner lost to No. 7 seed Tomas Berdych 6-3, 7-5. On the womens side, Maria Sharapova rallied from a break down in the first set to oust Petra Kvitova 7-5, 6-1 and earn a spot in the semifinals. Shes been a finalist at Key Biscayne five times, but never the champion. "I love the energy here," she said. The fourth-seeded Sharapova, who needed three-setters to get through her two most recent matches at Key Biscayne, feasted on 30 unforced errors by the eighth-seeded Kvitova. Sharapova won 11 of the final 13 games and moved into a semifinal matchup with Serena Williams, the defending champion who won 62 of 100 points in her 6-2, 6-2 romp over fifth-seeded Angelique Kerber. Williams broke Kerber twice in each set, faced only one break point and held a more than 2-to-1 advantage in winners. "When youre playing champions, you like to play your best," Williams said. "She always gives me her best. ... I love playing her. I really do. It doesnt matter what surface. Shes one of my favourite people to play." Sharapova said she was eager to face Williams again. "Its no secret that shes been a big challenge of mine, an opponent that obviously I would love to beat," Sharapova said. Also, former No. 1 Martina Hingis teamed with Sabine Lisicki to reach the doubles quarterfinals. And foot and vehicle traffic outside the tennis centre was briefly halted during the night session when a suspicious backpack was found near the main gate, but Miami-Dade police responded and quickly determined there was no threat. Air Jordan Retro 11 Wholesale . Halladays resume as a Blue Jay is among the elite in the franchises 36-year history. Over 12 seasons in Toronto, he was named an All-Star six times. He had arguably the finest campaign of his career in 2003 when he posted a 22-7 record, a 3. Jordan 11 Sale Canada .Y. - Geno Smith still thinks of himself as the New York Jets starting quarterback. http://www.cheapairjordan11canada.com/ . Price was hurt at the start of Wednesdays practice after facing just one shot as the team worked on their power play. He left the ice in discomfort and appeared to be favouring his leg. A Habs source told TSNs John Lu that Price suffered the injury in Sochi and not before the Olympics. Air Jordan 11 For Sale Cheap . The team let Keaton Ellerby, James Wright and Matt Halischuk become unrestricted free agents after declining to make them qualifying offers. Ellerby, 25, appeared in 51 games for the Jets last season and had two goals and four assists. Air Jordan 11 Retro Canada . "Im proud, obviously. Its been a long day, but now Im a Crystal Palace player, Im very happy," Bannan said. "The seasons been started now for a couple of weeks and Ive not featured at Villa.GOODYEAR, Ariz. - The Indians are going down a familiar path with a star pitcher. Cleveland has suspended talks on a contract extension with ace Justin Masterson, agreeing that its time to focus on the upcoming season. Indians general manager Chris Antonetti said Friday that the club made a "very competitive" offer to Masterson, but the sides couldnt find common ground. Negotiations broke down with agent Randy Rowley on Thursday. "I met with Justin this morning," Antonetti said. "At this point we both agreed to table discussions on a multiyear contract and potentially revisit it down the road. But right now the focus will be on preparing for the season." Masterson, who avoided arbitration and agreed to a one-year, $9.726 million salary for 2014, can become a free agent after the season. The right-hander is scheduled to pitch on opening day against Oakland on March 31. Antonetti said the sides may discuss a new deal at a later unspecified time. "We made an earnest effort to find common ground and get something done. In the end we werent able to align," Antonetti said. "We have a profound belief in Justin. He embodies everything we want our players to be. Hes a great teammate, a great person and an exceptional performer. "There remains a desire from our side that he remains here long term. I believe hed like to be here long term." Masterson reportedly gave the Indians proposals on two- and three-year contracts at roughly $17 million per season. The Indians are believed to have offered packages at $14 million per year. The 6-foot-6, 250-pound Masterson is scheduled to pitch on Friday against Colorado. The situation isnt a new one for the Indians, who were unable to reach long-term deals in the past with CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee and were forced to trade the former Cy Young Award winners. Masterson emerged as the staffs No. 1 starter last season, when he went 14-10 with a 3.45 ERA. He made the All-Star team for the first time. Its the Indians preference not to negotiate any player contracts during the season, the team is aware of fan reaction concerning the teams long-term goals. "We are fortunate that Justin is here for this season," Antonetti said. "There willl be other junctures where we can explore an extension with him — its just not right now.dddddddddddd. We dont want any distractions but if there is a right time to talk about it, were open to it." The Indians signed outfielder Michael Brantley to a four-year, $25 million contract last month. Theyve had preliminary talks with All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis about an extension, and they could be facing a decision with shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, who is in the final year of his contract. Antonetti said the six-year, $105 million contract pitcher Homer Bailey signed with Cincinnati has an influence on the teams talks with Masterson. Bailey is 24-22 the last two seasons while Masterson is 25-25. "Thats one of the contract extensions thats in the marketplace," Antonetti said. "We are very cognizant of that contract but there are others. We made an earnest effort to offer Justin a contract that was fair relative to the marketplace, but we didnt attach it, nor do we ever, attach it to any one contract specifically." Antonetti would not discuss the possibility of a new deal for Kipnis. Manager Terry Francona does not expect the breakdown of negotiations to negatively affect Masterson — or his teammates. "It wont affect his performance," Francona said. "I dont know how it doesnt affect you. Its a big part of your life, but I think Mastys got his act together. Ive never seen someone who had his priorities together as much as Masty." Francona believes there will be discussion in the clubhouse, but believes his team will stay focused. "I bet the guys will be bummed out a little. I think they all like him and Chris (Antonetti) wanted to get it done or he wouldnt have tried but it doesnt carry over," he said. "Thats the way the game is. Thats why they set the deadline, lets not let this go into the season. "Realistically, you cant sign everybody you want to or everybody would be signed. For the Indians to be talking to him about that type of money, shows how much they like him," he added. "Just because you dont get a deal done doesnt mean you dont respect or care about that player. It has to fit into the parameter of the team." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz