Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

10.04.2019 07:49
who are looking for the best to fight the best. Antworten

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Pleased as Kentucky coach John Calipari was by last weeks performance on the national stage, he seemed more encouraged by the second-ranked Wildcats encore that figures to raise their profile even more.DeAaron Fox scored 16 points, Malik Monk added 14 and Kentucky took a step toward the nations top ranking by rolling past Duquesne 93-59 on Sunday night.Five days after beating No. 13 Michigan State in New York, the Wildcats (4-0) made their case toward supplanting Duke for No. 1 when the AP Top 25 is announced Monday. The first of several scheduled late-evening starts didnt affect Kentucky as it won by its biggest margin this season.The Wildcats controlled Duquesne (2-3) on both ends, holding the Dukes to a season-low 30 percent shooting while making 35 of 76 attempts (46 percent).One thing I was anxious to see was how would we play, would there be a letdown, Calipari said. I thought we played well and I think Isaiah (Briscoe) kind of dragged them in the first half. ... I thought we played hard. Were still learning each other.Briscoe and Mychal Mulder each had 13 points and Bam Adebayo had 12 with eight rebounds for Kentucky, which out-rebounded Duquesne 49-32 to win its second game of the Bluegrass Showcase. Mulders total was a career high and included three 3-pointers.Were coming together better as the season progresses, Adebayo said.Emile Blackmans 13 points led the Dukes, who lost their third in four games.BIG PICTUREDuquesne: Coming off a one-point loss Friday against Canisius, the Dukes were close at the start but quickly fell behind due to cold shooting. They made just 6 of 29 in the first half (21 percent) and committed 11 of their 18 turnovers as they struggled against the Wildcats disruptive defense and length. They were near even on the boards for a while but eventually beaten there as well.Nothing Kentucky did surprised Duquesne coach Jim Ferry other than its ability to sustain the effort.Its relentless, Ferry said of the Wildcats intensity. Its just so challenging, the size and the length of the guards, how quickly they attack and they play very unselfishly.Kentucky: Seeking to pick up where they left off in an impressive defensive showing against Michigan State, the Wildcats constantly contested the Dukes passes and shots to build a 50-23 lead at the break. They controlled the paint offensively (44-20) and established a season best in rebounding differential.POLL IMPLICATIONSTop-ranked Dukes loss to No. 7 Kansas at Madison Square Garden opened the door for Kentucky to assume the top spot, and the Wildcats made it a foregone conclusion with their easy victory over the Dukes.RELOADINGEarlier Sunday, Kentucky announced the signings of 2017 recruits Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Quade Green -both guards -- along with center Nick Richards and forward P.J. Washington. All are rated as four- or five-star prospects by recruiting services, which of course is a familiar story in Lexington.RUPP MILESTONECalipari improved to 122-4 at Rupp Arena and tied Joe B. Halls record for most wins at the venue. Ferry drew a laugh when he remarked, He lost four? and Calipari said Yaaaay when told of the achievement before noting what visitors face when playing there.Its a hard place to win if youre an opponent and the fans make it that way, he said. I walked in today, 9 oclock on a Sunday night, we were missing some students but other than that, the place was packed. Are you kidding me?Attendance was 21,327.UP NEXTDuquesne: The Dukes host UT Martin on Wednesday night as they continue play in the Bluegrass Showcase.Kentucky: Hosts Cleveland State in a Wednesday matinee before Thanksgiving. NFL Jerseys China Wholesale .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. NCAA Jerseys China . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. http://www.chinacheapjerseysnfl.com/ . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. Cheap NFL Jerseys . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Cheap College Jerseys . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. LAS VEGAS -- Terence Crawford checks most of the boxes needed to become a boxing superstar.He has become a major ticket seller in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska, where billionaire businessman Warren Buffett is a big fan and regular attendee of his fights. He has the triumphant backstory of overcoming a difficult upbringing in a rough neighborhood and surviving a gunshot that grazed his skull as a 21-year-old who was in the wrong placed at the wrong time -- counting his winnings after a late-night street dice game.Surviving that scary situation was a seminal moment in Crawfords life.I dont think about it a lot because I like to put it in the past and put it behind me and move on with my life, he said. But sometimes I do think about how I got a second chance and make the best of it.He has certainly done that because inside the ring Crawford also gets it done. He has shown tremendous skills and knockout power and has already won lightweight and junior welterweight world titles. He was the fighter of the year in 2014, knocking out then-unbeaten former featherweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa in a memorable fight of the year contender.He can check another important box by beating the best opponent of his career to unify junior welterweight world titles -- and establish division supremacy -- against dangerous Viktor Postol on Saturday night (HBO PPV, 9 ET) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.This is a very big fight for me at a very critical time of my career, Crawford said. This fight is more meaningful than the Gamboa fight at the moment because this fight can take me to that next level beyond the level that Im on right now. This fight means a lot, and I do look at it as the biggest fight of my career to date.Its a fight that matches undefeated boxers in their primes who are 1-2 in the division, in whichever order one elects to place them. Such pairings are rare. The winner is also on the short list to land a Nov. 5 fight against the great Manny Pacquiao.This fight I think is the best fight certainly thats been offered to date [this year] to fight fans, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said at Wednesdays final news conference. It matches two terrific young fighters, each a champion, each with the same record, 28 wins and no defeats, each holding a belt from their respective organizations.It has everything that great fights have had for all the years Ive been associated with boxing. Ive been in boxing for over 50 years, and Ive been associated with great, great fights. This fight, to me, is up there with any of the fights that Ive promoted.Crawford (28-0, 20 KOs), headlining in Las Vegas for the first time and also making his third title defense, has heard the talk about his potential as a breakout star for the past few years but has remained focused on his preparation rather than reading his clips or listening to fan chatter.There is no pressure on me being looked at as boxings next superstar, but there is a lot of hard work in becoming one, said Crawford, 28. Im really excited to be on the big stage and Im on that big stage because I paid my dues in the gym and in the ring. Thats the reason I have accomplished so much as a fighter -- pride of performance -- and thats why I am going to win on [Saturday].If Im going to solidify my position as the new face of boxing, it starts by unifying the 140-pound division.Brian McIntyre, Crawfords trainer and co-manager with Cameron Dunkin, has been with him for many years and has long been a believer.There is no pressure because its his destiny, McIntyre said. All we have to do is keep on winning. The media and the public will see Terence as the best fighter in the world. I dont care who Postol has in his corner [Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach], there is no way were letting Postol come to our country and taake home Terences title.dddddddddddd We are a way better team than they are.We have a deep history with each other and we have the heritage that produces legends as well as champions. Postol cannot beat Terence. And Freddie Roach is going to have a front-row seat to watch his fighter get drilled.Regardless of McIntyres prediction, Postol appears to be the most formidable opponent of Crawfords career.On paper, you could make a case that Postol will be the toughest man I have faced inside the ring, but I wont really know that until I fight him, Crawford said. When I go into camp, I always assume the opponent Im training for will be my toughest test. Its the only way I know how to train.I cannot afford an off night. Its unacceptable and its dangerous. No one is going to give me anything in a fight. I have to earn it the old-fashioned way, and thats by taking the fight to my opponent and winning it. Against Postol, Im not just defending my belt. Im out to take his too. Thats the reason for taking such a tough fight. It is because I wanted to fight the best fighter out there [and] beat the best fighter out there to show that I am the best fighter in the division.Postol, 32, of Ukraine, first announced himself on the world stage in 2014 with an upset against longtime contender Selcuk Aydin, whom he brutally knocked out in the 11th round of a world title elimination fight. Two bouts later, Postol (28-0, 12 KOs) scored another upset, dominating Lucas Matthysse before stopping him in the 10th round of a fantastic performance in October.He does have some good victories, he has a title and he is undefeated, McIntyre said. So if you look at those credentials, you cant ask for a stronger opponent than that for Terence. Both fighters are risking their titles and their undefeated records -- everything that they have worked so hard to earn -- and that is something that appeals to us and appeals to fans who are looking for the best to fight the best. A victory will lead to bigger and tougher tests, and we welcome that too. I know Terence is the best fighter in boxing. We want him to have the opportunities to prove it.Although Postol is a heavy underdog at the MGM sports book, he is a skillful technical boxer whose power has improved since he began training with Roach in 2014. He also has a tremendous jab and, at 5-foot-11, will have a 3-inch height advantage over Crawford.Ive been fighting people taller than me and larger than me all my life, Crawford said. Ive been short for 28 years and I havent been stopped yet. Postol is nothing to me. Hes just another guy that Im fighting. Im not training for Postol, Im training for myself -- to be the best I can possibly be. I do that, then no one can beat me. Im confident in my abilities and I am confident that I am going to destroy Postol.As for the perception that Postol has a dominant jab, Crawford said, Its funny how all of the people are giving Postol all of the credit for his jab but nobody is talking about how good my jab is. So Im loving it. Im loving it. Im loving it how everyone is talking about how good his jab is.Come fight night, Crawford will have the chance to show if he has the better jab. He will also have the chance to continue making his case that he can become a major star.I have worked very hard to get to this point in my career -- to earn the right to headline my first pay-per-view event, Crawford said. Its very exciting, but I need to keep my eye on the ball. This isnt just opening night for a new phase of my career. I want this to be the beginning of a long run as boxings next pound-for-pound star and a worthy successor to Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz