Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

12.04.2019 10:47
pic champion Jessica Ennis-Hill, who ran a seasons best in the 100 hurdles on Friday, failed Antworten

LONDON -- Mo Farah won the 5,000 meters at Saturdays Anniversary Games with the fastest time in the world this year while Great Britains 4x100 men and Katarina Johnson-Thompson put down markers ahead of the Rio Olympics.It was Farahs first 5,000 of the season as he recorded a world-leading time of 12:59.29 at the stadium where he won double Olympic gold in 2012. He saw off the threat of Great Britains Andrew Butchart and South Africas Stephen Mokoka who finished in second and third respectively. Farah will now turn his attention to the Rio Games where he will be looking to defend both his 5,000 and 10,000 titles.I got amazing support from the crowd -- I just wanted to go for it. It was my last chance to run quick before Rio, Farah said. I mean, I love this track, it means a lot to me.Not many people get a chance to compete in their home town and have so many memories of the place. Rio is right around the corner but it means a lot to get the win before going into those championships.I am in good shape but I have to keep my feet on the ground. Anything can happen in two and a half weeks, it is all about staying patient now.Farahs impressive run capped off a promising day for Great Britain in the Diamond League event where the form of the mens 4x100 and Johnson-Thompson gave reasons for optimism ahead of Rio.The quartet of James Dasaolu, Adam Gemili, James Ellington and CJ Ujah who took gold in the European Championships just edged the GB B line up -- Richard Kilty, Harry Aikines-Aryeetey, Daniel Talbot and Ojie Edoburun -- by 300th of a second to record an impressive time of 37.78 seconds in the mens 4x100 with Canada in third.We are a great squad and really get on with each other, Gemili said. There has been a lot of hard work from a lot of people to make this team stronger.?We are all running really well and are very confident. We believe we can go out there and challenge the worlds best.And Johnson-Thompson backed up a personal best in the high jump on Friday with victory in the long jump as she edged out Shara Proctor into second. Johnson-Thompsons seasons best of 6.84 meters beat Proctors leap of 6.80 as she received a huge boost ahead of the Rio Games where she competes in the heptathlon.?I am happy with that, there was good consistency throughout my jumps, Johnson-Thompson said. It is obviously good to get the win on this stage and it gives me confidence as I focus on the heptathlon at the Olympic Games.Her rival for the heptathlon crown Britains Olympic champion Jessica Ennis-Hill, who ran a seasons best in the 100 hurdles on Friday, failed to make the cut in the long jump as her best of 6.19 meters saw her finish seventh.I feel like I am in a good place going into Rio but I would have loved to have jumped further today, Ennis-Hill said. I would have liked to have got closer to my PB and taken some confidence from the long jump but it reminds me that there is still a bit of work to do.World and Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce was left with third in the 100 women as the Ivory Coasts Maria-Josee Ta Lou equalled her personal best with 10.96. Michelle-Lee Ahye finished third while Britains Dina Asher-Smith was in fourth with 11.09. ?Elsewhere, Great Britains Shelayna Oskan-Clarke won the 800 women with a seasons best of 1:59.46 with Lynsey Sharp coming in second.?Matthew Hudson-Smith took the mens 400 after European champion Martyn Rooney was disqualified for a false start. Britains Hudson-Smith ran a 45.03 with Trinidad and Tobagos Deon Lendore in second and Britains Rabah Yousif put in a seasons best to finish third with 45.45 seconds.World champion Dafne Schippers cemented her medal credentials ahead of Rio as she dominated the 200 women with a time of 22.13 with American duo Tiffany Townsend and Joanna Atkins in second and third respectively. ?Frances Dimitri Bascou won the mens 110 hurdles after two false starts which saw Britains Lawrence Clarke and Americas Jarret Eaton disqualified.Americas Kerren Clement took the mens 400 hurdles with a seasons best of 48.40 as Britains Jack Green came fifth. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. http://www.nfljerseyscheaphome.com/ . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Cheap Football Jerseys . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. TROON, Scotland -- A promising start on Saturday morning didnt last over Royal Troons treacherous back nine for Jordan Spieth, who is having difficulty matching his form of a year ago -- and who finds the comparisons unfair.Spieths 1-over-par 72 during the third round of The Open means he has failed to break par in any round of a major championship in 2016 since an opening 66 at the Masters, where he squandered a five-shot advantage over the final nine holes.Now hes just looking to gain momentum for the PGA Championship in two weeks, as he was 15 strokes behind Phil Mickelson before the leader teeing off.Its been tough given I think its been a solid year and I think, had last year not happened, Id be having a lot of positive questions, Spieth said. Instead, most of the questions I get are comparing to last year and therefore negative because its not to the same standard.So thats almost tough to then convince myself that youre having a good year when the questions I get make me feel like its not. So thats a bit unfair to me, but dont feel sorry for me. Ill still be OK. But I would appreciate if people would look at the positives over comparing to maybe hopefully what would happen to me a few times in my career a year, like laast year.dddddddddddd. It seems a bit unfair at 22 to be expecting something like that all the time.Spieth won the Masters and U.S. Open last year and came within a stroke of a playoff at The Open at St. Andrews. He finished the years Grand Slams second at the PGA Championship and was third at this years Masters.But despite victories at Kapalua in January and the Colonial in May, Spieths year has been marked by inconsistency and judged by the five-victory season -- that was capped with a FedEx Cup title -- in 2015.On Saturday, after making the cut on the number, Spieth played the first seven holes in 4-under par. Then he missed short par putts at the ninth and 10th, double-bogeyed the 11 and added another bogey at the 15th, failing to make any more birdies.Im hitting the ball great, very pleased with that; I hit it well enough to shoot 4- or 5-under easy today, Spieth said. On the front nine, if I putt the way I should putt ... my short game and wedge has really let me down, too. Im very pleased with the way Im striking the ball, especially in these conditions. Just cant quite get it in the hole. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz