Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

20.04.2019 07:58
to skate hard and be hard on the puck and Antworten

BROSSARD, Que. - The days without a game were dragging on, so the Montreal Canadiens decided they needed an intrasquad game to get the competitive juices flowing. The Canadiens had a mock game day on Monday, complete with a morning skate at their practice facility. They were scheduled to play a simulated game in the evening against mostly call-ups from the AHLs Hamilton Bulldogs at the Bell Centre. The team has been off since completing a sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round of the NHL playoffs on April 22. They are not expected to begin the second round against the rival Boston Bruins until Thursday or Friday, which would make for a break of nine or 10 days between playoff games. The Canadiens hope the intrasquad game will help keep the rust off. Rugged winger Brandon Prust said they would play at a good pace while being mindful of avoiding injuries. "Its a question of being smart," Prust said. "We want to skate hard and be hard on the puck and be physical. "Its a game-like situation, but no ones going to be running around trying to kill people. At the same time, youre blocking shots and guys are shooting the puck hard and youre battling for pucks. Its going to be good for us." The game was to be closed to the public and media. Coach Michel Therrien also gave his players a day off on Tuesday. The Canadiens were off the first two days after the sweep but resumed practising on Friday. Wayne Gretzky Jersey . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. Connor McDavid Jersey . With newly minted president of hockey operations Trevor Linden looking on from above one day after being handed the keys to the franchise, it was more of the same on Thursday night. http://www.officialoilersfanstore.com/authentic-mark-messier-oilers-jersey/ . Gonzalez participated in his final game on Sunday, Atlantas 21-20 defeat at the hands of the NFC South champion Carolina Panthers, having posted four catches for 46 yards. Mark Fayne Jersey . Arsenal had already scored its goals in the third round fixture when the fierce rivalry turned ugly in the final ten minutes as Walcott was being carried off on a stretcher. Ryan Smyth Jersey . In five games last month, Billings led all scorers with 11 goals, 27 assists and 38 points as the Rock posted a 2-3 record.TOKYO -- Milos Raonic may have been tired, but it didnt show. The third-seeded Canadian downed Japans Go Soeda 6-4, 7-6 (0) on Wednesday in the first round of the Japan Open as he tries to finish the ATP Tour season on a high note. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., finished with a forehand winner down the line as he completely overwhelmed his Japanese opponent in the tiebreaker. "I did a lot of things well, I served well in tough situations even if my serve was going in and out a bit. It was an early match for me (11 a.m.)," said Raonic, who won the Thailand Open on Sunday. "Most of my matches in Bangkok were in late afternoon or at night. "But I believe I have adjusted well. Ive dealt with a lot of issues but in the important moments my game has held up. I served well and played a good tiebreaker, I buckled down when I had to." Raonic will next play Jeremy Chardy of France, who defeated Swiss qualifier Marco Chiudinelli 7-6 (2), 3-6, 7-6 (6). The 22-year-old Canadian is a provisional 11th in the race to the eight-man season wrapup in London next month and is working in Asia to try to qualify for the elite event for the first time. Raonic improved to 38-17 on the season with the victory. Soeda is now 0-9 at his home tournament. Raonic had 24 aces and never faced a break point. His break of Soeda in the third game of the opening set was enough to win the set after 35 minutes with his 10th ace. He dominated in the second-set tiebreaker to earn the victory. Raonic took a break after Wimbledon and has been working on his conditioning in recent weeks. Hes won 17 matches and lost five since his appearance at the All-England Club. "I think taking a longer period after Wimbledon to work on fitness really helped me," said Raonic. "When I returned to the court I hadd more confidence and Ive kept that going.dddddddddddd Its still helping me a lot at this moment." Raonic is playing Tokyo for the fourth straight year, standing 7-3 in the Japanese capital after making his breakthrough as a qualifier in only his second ATP-level event. Also Wednesday, top-seeded Juan Martin del Potro moved into the quarter-finals with a comfortable 6-2, 6-2 win over fellow Argentine Carlos Berlocq. Del Potro broke Berlocqs serve twice in the second set, and lost only eight points on serve under the roof, closed by rain. After Tuesdays three-set victory over Marcos Baghdatis, del Potro said it was good to find his rhythm. "I played a lot better than yesterday," del Potro said. "I served well, my forehand was strong and I was able to break his serve and be aggressive. I had control of the match all the time which was important to me." Del Potro, who is seeking his third title of the season following victories in Rotterdam and Washington, will next play Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine, who defeated eighth-seeded Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia 6-3, 7-6 (2). In the days only upset, Ivan Dodig of Croatia ousted second-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 7-6 (5). Matching 2009 champion Tsonga with nine aces, Dodig saved all three break points he faced. Dodig will attempt to earn a place in his third semifinal of 2013 against Jarkko Nieminen of Finalnd, who beat Michal Przysiezny of Poland 6-7 (4), 6-4, 6-2. Raonic lost in the final last year to local favourite Kei Nishikori, who will face Feliciano Lopez of Spain in the second round on Thursday. The fourth-seeded Nishikori is on the verge of becoming the first Japanese player to break into the top 10 and is bidding to win his second title of the season. ------ With files from The Associated Press. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz