Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

31.05.2019 10:19
Eighteen of Carlsons points came in the last Antworten

This story appears in ESPN The Magazines November 14 Pain Issue. Subscribe today!MYLES GARRETT DIGS dinosaurs and Dean Martin. He writes poetry instead of Twitter posts, having opted to delete his social media accounts before the 2015 season. He doesnt go to South Padre Island for spring break; he takes mission trips with his teammates to places like Haiti. He dreams of Texas A&M wins and archaeological digs, with hopes of embarking on an excavation after his playing days. Oh, and in his spare time hes college footballs most dominant pass rusher -- a 6-foot-5, 270-pound behemoth who is averaging nearly two tackles for loss per game despite constant double- and triple-teams. The junior defensive end sits atop Mel Kiper Jr.s Big Board for the 2017 NFL draft and is a virtual lock to be a top-five pick come April. But to hear Garrett talk about his future as he sits in A&Ms football ?offices in late October is to understand that the best defensive player in college football finds the most value outside of it.When Texas A&M beat Tennessee on Oct. 8 -- just a few days after Hurricane Matthew hit Haiti -- you sent out a plea for prayers and donations for those affected by the storm. When did you decide you were going to do that and why?The thought crossed my mind a couple days before the game, but it took a lot of time to build up the confidence to actually say it. That was the hardest part. Once I started going through the motions of actually doing it, it kind of just came out of me.When you were asked about your public plea, you said its important to have a purpose. Where did that belief come from?Gran and Pop. They instilled in me: Have a purpose, bigger than sports, bigger than you. That was always helping people. Its not math, its not science. Paleontology and architecture is a hobby, something I want to do for a while, but eventually you can get tired of those things. I can never get tired of helping people.Given that sentiment and the current social climate, what are your thoughts on Colin Kaepernick and the stand he has taken?He stood up for what he believed in. A lot of people are making a fuss about him wearing a Muhammad Ali shirt, but Ali did the same thing. He had an unpopular opinion, taking a negative view toward the Vietnam War. But it meant something to him. He had a cause, he had a purpose and he wasnt going to defect from that because people didnt like what he said or how he felt. He was going to stand up for what was right. And thats what Colin Kaepernick is doing. He wants to bring attention to injustice that he believes has happened in the police force, and more power to him. More people should stand up and not be afraid to do things that mean something to them.Youve heard a lot of people tell Kaepernick to stick to sports. Whats your reaction when you hear that kind of criticism?He is sticking to sports. While hes doing that, hes making a name for himself outside of it. Hes doing something that he loves alongside trying to balance being a starting quarterback.You mentioned Ali. Have you studied any other historical figures who had a social impact?We all studied MLK, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Maya Angelou. It was a lot easier for me to connect with people who are poets, who spoke through words on a page as well as got up and spoke in front of people. I love the people who spoke well about It doesnt take violence or It doesnt take getting up and taking it by force. You can do it simply by making a stand and standing firm in that.Has anyone had a particular impact on you?Angelou, definitely. She was so knowledgeable on everything: family, love, how you approach the day.You have a wide range of interests in a time when many athletes focus only on their sport. Why?Why start figuring out what I want to do and what I like to do after football when I have enough time now? I know my likes. I can delve deep into those when I have time. If youre waiting eight or 10 years, thats eight or 10 years you wasted on just one thing.I hear youre into old-school music. If youre picking a playlist today, who makes the cut?Journey. Marvin Gaye, hes always a good time. Queen. And you cant go wrong with some Elvis.How much do you read for leisure?When Im traveling for away games, Im reading. When Im going to the movies the night before a home game, Im reading. When Im sitting in my hotel room, Im reading. If Ive got some time after class, Im reading. If I can get away with it while Im doing treatment, Im reading.Whats the usual subject matter?It can be paleontology, discoveries. It can be new finds in astronomy or in the world.Lets play word association. Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind: dinosaurs.Raptors.Music.Marvin.Social media.Stupid.NFL draft.Bosa.Joey Bosa?For the longest time, I was trying to be a better player than him. And seeing how hes playing in the NFL, maybe I have to do it again and try to catch up. If he becomes the best, then I have to be better.What do you want to do after football?Travel. I dont know where I want to start, but I know when I want to start: right away. As soon as Im done, people who need help, I want to go where theyre living. Just go with my family and friends. ?I want to do that as well as go on archaeological digs. And maybe the people who I affect will help me down the road on those digs. If it starts with one person, it could have a domino effect. Swell Bottles On Sale . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. Swell Bottle Wood . The visitors took a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area. http://www.swellbottlesale.com/ . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. SWell Bottle Sale .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Cheap Swell Traveler . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. Sundays championship game of the Tires Pro Invitational features two early breakout stars in No. 11 Xaviers J.P. Macura and Northern Iowas Klint Carlson.Macura, a junior sharpshooter, poured in a career-high 28 points in the Musketeers win over Clemson on Friday. It was an impressive performance highlighted by six 3-pointers, some from way beyond the arc.Clemson coach Brad Brownell called Macura unbelievable. He just kept backing up on us, Brownell said.Xavier coach Chris Mack credited Macuras teammates for getting him the ball. The Musketeers (4-0) had 17 assists.His teammates really wanted to find him, Mack told reporters. If youre hot the way he was, its nice to know that people are looking for him in transition. And we ran a few plays for him to get him open.Carlson was equally spectacular in Northern Iowas comeback win over Oklahoma on Friday. He scored 22 points and led the Panthers back from an 18-point deficit in the second half with a barrage of 3-pointers and some slick moves to the basket. Eighteen of Carlsons points came in the last six minutes of regulation and overtime.I guess I was feeling it, Carlson told reporters after the overtime win over the Sooners. I dont even remember how many shots I took, but at that point, I was just glad they were going in.Xavier and Northern Iowa each suffered heartbreaking losses in the NCAA Tournament last season. The Musketeers surrendered two 3-pointers to Wisconsin in the final 12 seconds of a second-round loss to the Badgers.Four of the Muskketeers top six scorers returned from last years NCAA Tournament team, including junior guard Trevon Bluiett, who had 21 points against Clemson.ddddddddddddBluiett, who needs just eight points to reach 1,000 for his career, combines with Macura to give Xavier one of the top backcourts in the nation.Macura was the Big Easts sixth man of the year last season and looks like hell contend for player of the year this season. Hes averaging 19.5 points during the Musketeers 4-0 start. Xavier is expected to contend with defending national champion Villanova in the Big East.Last season for Northern Iowa ended in gut-wrenching fashion. The Panthers squandered a 12-point lead in the final 44 seconds against Texas A&M and ended up losing in overtime to the Aggies in the second round of tournament.Northern Iowa coach Ben Jacobson has a relatively young roster, featuring seven freshmen, but the Panthers played beyond their years in the comeback win against Oklahoma.We kept playing defense and rebounding when our offense was not very good and I like that, Jacobson said after the win over the Sooners. And the other thing I like was that a relatively new group believed we could get all the way back.The Musketeers and Panthers will tip off at approximately 7:30 p.m. Sunday at HP Field House in Orlando, Fla.Xavier has won three regular-season tournament titles in the last 10 seasons. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz