Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

05.06.2019 10:34
es is still lighting up the record books a Antworten

MANCHESTER, England -- Gareth Southgates four-game spell as Englands interim manager will end at full time of Tuesdays international friendly against Spain at Wembley Stadium.Whatever fate befalls Southgate -- and the likelihood is hell soon be handed the job on a full-time basis -- he has already made a significant imprint on the team.One of the key principles Southgate has stamped on the national side in his five weeks temporarily in charge has been an insistence on playing the ball out from the back -- an approach that is slowly pervading the English Premier League but can sometimes be viewed with skepticism by the English public.I want us to be brave with the ball, Southgate said last month in some of his first words in the job. I want to see an England team that is brave in possession of the ball and prepared to take chances, prepared to take?risks in one versus one situations, even though I know they wont always succeed in those moments.In defender John Stones, Southgate has a player who embodies this attitude.Stones is a ball-playing center back who moved to Manchester City in August for 47.5 million pounds (then $62 million), making him the second-most expensive defender in football history. He fit the bill for new City coach Pep Guardiola, who likes his teams to have defenders who are comfortable on the ball and can start attacks from the back.Southgate is similar in that regard and adopted a similar playing style as manager of Englands under-21 squad, so its no wonder he has made Stones the centerpiece of Englands defense in his brief time in charge of the senior team.England hasnt conceded a goal thus far under Southgate, although the opponents have been mediocre at best in Malta, Slovakia and Scotland.Spain will offer a much tougher test. As masters of playing the ball out from the back, the Spanish will also serve as a good example to their England counterparts of how to execute such an approach.Some have even compared the play of the 22-year-old Stones to that of Spain defender Gerard Pique, who will miss Tuesdays game because of an ankle injury.In the 3-0 win over Scotland on Friday, Stones determination to play out from the back saw him give the ball away in a dangerous position early on. He also took perhaps unnecessary risks around the edge of his own box in an attempt to beat Scotlands high press.At the start of the year, Stones -- then playing for Everton -- performed three Cruyff turns around his box while being challenged for the ball in a Premier League match against Tottenham. He earned a free kick and gave a calm down gesture to the fans who were audibly unnerved by Stones risk-taking.Its the only way he knows.Its understandable that people will say things about the way I play, that some people arent going to like me, Stones said last month. But this is how I want to play.Given his style, Stones will always make errors. One of them occurred in a 1-1 draw against Southampton last month when his pass to a teammate at the edge of Citys area was intercepted by Nathan Redmond, who scored.Theres also a concern that when playing for his national team, Stones doesnt have a goalkeeper or the defensive players alongside him with strong enough technique and composure to ensure that playing out from the back is the right optionSouthgate isnt for wavering, though. He believes Stones can have as successful a career as Pique and Germany center backs Mats Hummels and Jerome Boateng, and that Stones needs encouragement rather than criticism.For years, weve talked about not being able to play out from the back, Southgate said of the England psyche. If were to be different, if were to progress, then we have to encourage players.What weve got to remember is hes 22. In central defensive terms, its nothing. If we want to have a Hummels, a Boateng, a Pique ... I think hes got the perfect manager (in Guardiola) to work with and to hone, and for all of our defenders, thats what we want to encourage. Kyrie Irving Shoes 2019 . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Cheap Nike Kd 9 . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. http://www.cheapkdshoesclearance.com/ . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Cheap Nike KD 12 Shoes .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Lebron James Shoes Clearance . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. NEW ORLEANS -- Despite a heart-wrenching loss on Sunday, Drew Brees is still lighting up the record books at age 37.The veteran quarterbacks 98-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Brandin Cooks in the third quarter of Sundays 35-34 loss to the Oakland Raiders was the longest offensive play in the 50-year history of the New Orleans Saints.It was also the longest pass of Brees 16-year career.I just felt like we had an opportunity to run by this guy to our left [cornerback Sean Smith] and Brandin got a great release, Brees said. Threw it up to him, and he did the rest. I mean, he looked like Usain Bolt rolling down the sideline there.The previous record for the Saints came all the way back in their first season in 1967 -- a 96-yard pass from Billy Kilmer to Walt Roberts.Yet the day ended on the sour note for New Orleans as rookie kicker Wil Lutz missed a 61 yard field goal with five seconds left in the game to lose it for the Saints.After the game, both Brees and coach Sean Payton lamented the missed opportunities.Obviously we could do without the turnover on the first possesssion, Brees said of a sack-fumble that set up a Raiders field goal.dddddddddddd Completely my fault. I just held on to it too long ... shouldve just punted and moved on. Because obviously thats three points and when you look at the end of the game, that three points matters.Brees four touchdown passes on Sunday gave him a career total of 432, which broke his tie with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for third place on the NFLs all-time touchdown pass list.They both started the day with 428, but Brees touchdown pass to Cooks was his third of the afternoon.Brees is also closing in on Dan Marino for third place on the NFLs all-time passing yardage chart. Brees began the day needing 458 yards to tie Marino with 61,361 yards; Brees ended the day with 423 yards through the air.Brees also became the second quarterback in NFL history with 4,000 career passing yards in Week 1 games, joining Peyton Manning, according to ESPN Stats & Information. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz