Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.07.2019 09:42
. Screen time on all of the apps Id never normally Antworten

Georgetown University might have found a basketball promotion more pressure packed than trying to make a shot from halfcourt.The school is offering a marriage proposal package for its 17 home games this season that includes a money-back guarantee in the event that someones significant other says no.Georgetown announced the matrimonial promotion on social media Monday. Chris Grosse, the schools marketing director, said he has received some calls already expressing interest.I got married a couple years ago and know how big of a deal the proposal is, Grosse said. Weve also had a couple people call in saying they wish we offered it a couple years ago when they were getting ready to be married.The package starts at $100, and nuptial-minded hoops fans get a planner to craft the perfect proposal, seats to the game, T-shirts and a photographer to capture the occasion.The price varies depending on how many tickets the proposer wants to purchase. Family and friends can be seated in another part of the arena so as not to give away the surprise.The marriage minded have options for their special moment, ranging from a simple feature on the video board to something more private, like getting to pop the question on the court after a game.This is just the latest unusual promotion the school has held under Grosses guidance. In February of 2015, the womens basketball team had a Hail to Kale Night when the first 100 fans received bowls of kale. Any fan whose name included the letters K-A-L-E also got free admission to the game.There was also a BEETS by Georgetown promotion for a womens game last season, complete with a beet juice chugging contest and a halftime beet-boxing challenge.Veggie-friendly promos were one thing. Grosse had to do some convincing to get the proposal package up and running.It is a little bit out there but everyone has been great, he said. We try to stay on top of creative promotions and offers to engage fans. This should get them excited about what is going on.The games that might garner the most proposals are Nov. 15 against Maryland, New Years Eve vs. Xavier and March 4 against defending national champion Villanova.Georgetown is advertising the proposal package and money-back guarantee as a win-win proposition -- although tickets and a T-shirt may not offset the disappointment of a proposal gone awry , like when a fan at a Houston Rockets game eight years ago was turned down at midcourt.Georgetown was 15-18 last season and had its first losing campaign in John Thompson IIIs 12 years leading the program. Mariano Rivera Jersey Authentic . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Yankees Uniform 2019 .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. http://www.yankeesshoponline.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Yankees Shirt Near Me . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Derek Jeter Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Camp Dad launched, not unexpectedly, as a result of standard #daaad-level buffoonery.Last July, tasked with securing a place at summer camp for my then-9-year-old and then-6-year-old, I completely missed a week. Didnt register them. Flat-out forgot.The evening before the camp week was to start, I was frantically surfing through camp option after camp option -- the ones the kids wanted to do were sold out (or way too pricey for our budget).I was consulting at the time and able to take the week off from work (a luxury a lot parents dont have, short of investing their own vacation time). So partly out of desperation, partly out of price-sensitivity, partly out of the creative challenge and partly out of blissful ignorance, I decided at 11 that night to create my own camp -- a weeks worth of fun and creativity, directed by me.The kids would have no idea whats coming -- in large part, neither did I. I gave myself a budget of slightly less than what I would have spent on normal camp for them to cover a week of programming and started making a list of activities wed normally never do.The next morning, I didnt tell them what we were doing or where we were going, but it started with a surprise trip to the bulk-candy store. The kids jaws dropped -- then were stuffed with the kind of absurd candy Id never typically let them have. Camp Dad was so on.I knew regular dad Dan Shanoff could never handle the kind of fun that Camp Dad director Dan Shanoff, so I channeled a muse: Tripper Harrison, Bill Murrays seminal camp-counselor character from Meatballs, the greatest summer-camp movie of all time. If you have never seen the pivotal It... Just... Doesnt... Matter! speech by Murray, this succinctly showcases my inspiration.?*Candy overdose? It just doesnt matter!*Chuck E. Cheese? It just doesnt matter!*Sketchy water park 40 miles away? It just doesnt matter!*Quasi-harrowing parkour lessons? It just doesnt matter!*Abandoning bedtime routines by binge-watching all six Star Wars movies over six nights? It just doesnt matter!There was more -- so much more. Ice skatingg.dddddddddddd Being the only non-family members at the local high school varsity basketball summer league games. Pizza. Ice cream sundaes. Screen time on all of the apps Id never normally let them use. Every day was filled with new adventures. The kids had no idea what was coming but approached every day with a glee like I had never seen before.At the end of the week, both kids said it was the best week of their lives. And if Im being honest with myself -- no offense to the attendees at my wedding or the folks who helped deliver our children -- it was the best week of my life, too.I could attribute their (and my) enthusiasm to the epic lineup of fun activities that I barraged them with -- what parent doesnt want to see their kids having such a great time or get feedback like This was the best week ever, Dad!But as I figure out what kinds of fun activities I am staking out for this summer, I realize it wasnt the mayhem -- it was my mentality.What mattered most was It just doesnt matter.When I fully embraced that idea, all typical parenting pressures evaporated in the July sunshine. I wasnt Dad -- I was Bill Murrays Tripper Harrison. The kids were relaxed. Heck, I was relaxed, despite the overload of activities and sensory inputs. (I even had patience at Chuck E. Cheese -- what bigger testimony could there be?)Im not sure I can live the Camp Dad lifestyle all the time -- it was summer, I took the week off, it was all new for the kids (and me). There were a lot of things that made it unique.But applying even a little It Just Doesnt Matter to my life worked wonders, and I had as much fun as the kids did. We may or may not have another year of Camp Dad this summer, but there is nothing stopping me -- or any of us -- from easing up just enough to make the summer more awesome.Dan Shanoff writes about parenting for espnW. Continue this conversation on Twitter by following him at @danshanoff or by liking espnWs Facebook page. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz