Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 98 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

07.08.2019 08:49
debut, who is also the chair for sport Antworten

BOSTON -- The Red Sox are hoping to use their final series before the All-Star break to gain some ground on AL East-leading Baltimore.Some of their newest additions helped keep that goal intact in a series-opening win over the struggling Tampa Bay Rays.David Ortiz hit his 21st home run of the season, and recent call-up Bryce Brentz had two hits and broke a tie with an RBI single in the sixth to help the Red Sox beat the Rays 6-5 on Friday night.Aaron Hill, who was acquired in a trade with the Brewers Thursday, had two RBI hits in his Red Sox debut.The win was Bostons fourth in five games.Brentzs RBI came after he entered the game in the fourth inning for an injured Brock Holt. Holt left with a left ankle sprain after getting his leg caught underneath him on a slide while stealing second.Honestly, I was hoping he was OK. After that, its time to go to work, said Brentz, who was recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket on June 24 for his first major league stint since debuting in 2014. I just always try to come to the field every day ready. Unfortunately Brock had an incident, so hopefully he gets better. Luckily I was able to do something to help the team out.The Red Sox, who have had their share of injuries the past two months, left even more scuffed up.He was able to walk off the field under his own power, but did have a slight limp. X-rays were negative and he will be re-evaluated on Saturday. Holt just returned to action July 1 after missing 37 games with a concussion.Hanley Ramirez also limped his way through an eighth inning at-bat after fouling a ball off his left leg. He left the game with a left shin bruise and will get an MRI on Friday.Hill said the hits helped welcome him to Boston.It definitely made me forget that I got up at 4 a.m., thats for sure, he said. The electricity in this place is always solid. You always wonder on visiting side what its like over here and being able to get a taste of it is pretty neat.Robbie Ross, Jr. (1-1) got the victory for Boston. Koji Uehara picked up his third save.Red Sox starter Sean OSullivan had won in each of his previous three starts, but he allowed four runs and seven hits in five innings.Tampa Bays Chris Archer (4-12) took the loss, surrendering five runs and seven hits in six innings.Evan Longoria had four hits and a home run for the Rays, who have lost four straight and 20 of 23.Archer entered the night with a 9.50 ERA in the first inning this season -- the third-highest in the American League.He got off to another slow start Friday.A little bit more of the same, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. Tough for us to avoid those first-inning struggles right now. It drives Archs pitch count up a little bit, or a lot. I wish I had a better explanation for it; I dont. I dont think anybody really does.TRAINERS ROOMRays: OF Kevin Kiermaier (wrist) will go through another batting practice session Saturday, and could start a rehab assignment Monday or Tuesday.Red Sox: IF Travis Shaw remains day-to-day with a bruised left foot. X-rays on the foot were negative Thursday and he said the swelling has reduced significantly since he left Wednesdays win over the Rangers. Its got good color, but the swelling has gone down, he said.SOX ADD MARTINEZThe Red Sox sent cash to the Cleveland Indians for utilityman Michael Martinez on Friday.Martinez batted .283 with one home run and three RBI in 32 games for the Indians this season. He was designated for assignment July 2. A switch-hitter, he played all three outfield positions, second base and third base.Martinez, 33, has also played for Philadelphia and Pittsburgh over six major league seasons.UP NEXTRays: LHP Matt Moore (5-5, 4.54 ERA) is 3-1 over his last five starts with a 2.43 ERA over that span. Moore threw seven scoreless innings in a 4-0 win at home over the Red Sox on June 29. He is 2-2 with a 4.82 ERA in five games (four starts) at Fenway Park. He will be seeking his first road at Boston since September 2015.Red Sox: RHP Rick Porcello (10-2, 3.82 ERA) will make his 18th start of the season on Saturday. He is 7-0 in eight starts at Fenway Park this season. In two starts against the Rays this season he is 2-0 with a 2.77 ERA.---Follow Kyle Hightower on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/khightower Jawaan Taylor Womens Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Chris Conley Womens Jersey . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. http://www.officialjacksonvillejaguarspro.com/Leonard-fournette-jaguars-jersey/ . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Quincy Williams II Jaguars Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Marqise Lee Womens Jersey . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Heavyweight Alexander Povetkin, whose mandatory fight against world titleholder Deontay Wilder on May 21 in Moscow was canceled less than two weeks before the bout because Povetkin tested positive for the banned substance meldonium, is off the hook.The WBC announced a resolution to its investigation into the matter on Wednesday. It decided not to punish Povetkin, despite the dirty test.Not only will Povetkin not be punished beyond the cancellation of the May fight -- which cost him a purse of $1,930,500, Wilder a purse of $4,504,500 and the winner a $715,000 bonus -- but he was also given a shot at the interim title because Wilder (37-0, 36 KOs) will likely be sidelined until at least early 2017. Wilder recently had right hand and biceps surgery after he suffered injuries in his eighth-round knockout of Chris Arreola on July 16 in a fight arranged on short notice following the Povetkin bout being called off.Povetkin (30-1, 22 KOs), 36, a former world titleholder and 2004 Russian Olympic gold medalist, was ordered to face former world titleholder Bermane Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs), 37, a Haiti native living in Las Vegas, for the vacant interim belt. Wilder outclassed Stiverne in a lopsided decision win to claim the title in January 2015As a result of his injuries and surgeries, champion Wilder is expected to be inactive until some time in 2017, WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said in a statement. Deontay Wilder is confirmed as WBC heavyweight champion and will have the time to recover from his multiple injuries and surgeries. Wilder will retain his rights as champion, including the 70 percent advantage in case his mandatory bout needs to go to purse bid, once he returns to action.An interim championship is ordered between the two highest available contenders, No. 1 Alexander Povetkin and No. 2 Bermane Stiverne.The Povetkin and Stiverne camps were ordered to begin negotiations immediately. If they do not make a deal, a purse bid will be held Sept. 16 with each fighter entitled to 50 percent of the winning offer.In addition, both fighters are required to participate in the WBCs new Clean Boxing Program, which means they will be randomly tested (blood and urine) by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.Povetkin said he used meldonium in late 2015, before the World Anti-Doping Agency ban went into effect on Jan. 1, 2016. The WBC said because Povetkins level of meldonium was under 1 ug/mg in tests conducted after March 1, any punishment was at its discretion because there was no way to determine if the drug had been used after the ban.Povetkins A sample level of meldonium was 0.070 micrograms per milliliter, and the B sample was 0.072, levels approximately 14 times less than the threshold level of 1.0 that WADA set in notices published in April and June.However, in its ruling, the WBC failed to address how Povetkin could have been negative in random VADA tests conducted on April 7, 8 and 11, but his April 27 test of both his A and B samples were positive, though only trace amounts.Wilder and DiBella presented evidence during a hearing with the WBC in Birmingham, Alabama, the day after the Wilder-Arreola fight, during which an expert witness, Dr. Daniel Eichner, the former science director for the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and current president of the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory in Salt Lake City, one of two accredited WADA labs in the United States, testified that it would be impossible to test negative for meldonium three times and then test positive days later without having ingested it in the interim.Dr. Eichner also testified that .007 micrograms per milileter would be a normal level of meldonium to find if a week had passsed between ingestion and testing.ddddddddddddNonetheless, the WBC said it would not ban Povetkin for competing for its title because of the impossibility to scientifically prove that Mr. Povetkin ingested meldonium after January 1, 2016.As part of Povetkins being allowed to fight Stiverne for the interim belt, the WBC said VADA will design a specific testing protocol for Mr. Povetkin at Mr. Povetkins own cost and expense. The VADA-designed protocol will commence as soon as feasible after this ruling and will continue for one year thereafter.If there is any future positive test, the WBC said it will suspend Mr. Povetkin from participation in any WBC-sanctioned events indefinitely, divest Mr. Povetkin from any WBC title or any other rights he might have at the time and impose any and all available penalties under the Clean Boxing Program without further inquiry.Andrey Ryabinsky of World of Boxing, Povetkins promoter, viewed the ruling as a victory for Povetkin.We won, he wrote on social media. Povetkin has been vindicated, and must now fight Stiverne because Wilder is injured. Ill still keep up the legal action against Wilders team.Promoter Lou DiBella and Wilder filed suit in U.S. federal court in New York for at least $5 million over the canceled fight. Ryabinsky later filed suit against them, seeking at least $34.5 million for breach of contract and defamation.Wilder, meanwhile, is rehabilitating from the surgeries, which were pronounced a success by Dr. Jimmy Robinson, Wilders physician since his pro debut, who is also the chair for sports medicine and team physician for the University of Alabama.The surgeries were completed by well-renowned surgeons and were an absolute success, Robinson said. I anticipate that Wilder will be back fighting by the end of this year or January of next year. As he is healing, part of his rehab will be to restore range [of] motion to the elbow and get his strength back, which will expedite his recovery. The repair to his right hand should make it as solid and as strong as it can be, so that no further injuries are sustained. In fact, with his rehab, I anticipate the power in his right hand only to increase.Said DiBella: Were thrilled that both surgeries were so successful and that Deontay is on the road back. Hes a dedicated champion and will work diligently to return better than ever. Its great for Deontay, boxing and the heavyweight division that he will be able to defend his title when the calendar turns to 2017.Jay Deas, Wilders trainer and co-manager, said that even though Wilder cannot use his right hand at the moment, they will hit the gym to work on other things.Deontay and I will be working out as he heals so that he will be prepared the moment he is fully healed, Deas said. He will be in the gym working on conditioning, his footwork, and well be working his left hand overtime so that when the right hand is cleared, we will be ready to take a fight.Wilder broke his right hand for the third time and had surgery on it for the second time. But he said he is a fast healer and anxious to fight again.Ive always known that my body is a fast-healing body because I am an elite athlete, and the doctor confirmed that, Wilder said. Were going to pick up where we left off. Im looking forward to unifying the division. Thats my main goal. I dont want to stop. I dont need a tune-up. I dont need a warm-up. I dont need none of that. Once everything is healed with the arm, Im going to get back to right where I left off.That could mean a new date with Povetkin or a rematch with Stiverne. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz