Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 116 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

07.08.2019 08:50
formidable task - no Asian team has w Antworten

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Sonny Grays disappointing season got even worse Saturday.Oaklands ace left after five innings with soreness in his right forearm, and Jake Arrieta pitched eight innings of three-hit ball to help the Chicago Cubs beat the Athletics 4-0.Gray (5-11) felt soreness in his right extensor muscle while allowing two runs and five hits. The injury is the latest setback in a disastrous season for the 26-year-old right-hander, whos already been on the DL with a right shoulder injury.Gray, a 2015 All-Star who last season finished third in AL Cy Young balloting, had the highest ERA in the majors (5.84) going into Saturday.He had really good stuff today, so its unfortunate to hear that hes hurt because this is the best hes looked in a long time, As catcher Stephen Vogt said.Gray first felt the injury after striking out Dexter Fowler with a curveball in the top of the fourth.I was trying to go back out there for the sixth, Gray said. I told them after the fourth I had a little bit of an issue come up and when I went back out for the fifth it kind of felt the same.They kind of decided to shut it down there. I lobbied to go back out there. It obviously wasnt going to happen.The severity of the injury wasnt immediately known.Hopefully its minor, manager Bob Melvin said.Looked like he was throwing the ball pretty well, he added. He didnt come to me, he was trying to get some heat on it and go back out there. When he talked to the trainer about it, then we felt like we need to get him out of there.Arrieta (13-5) was 0-3 in his previous five starts and 1-4 since ending a 20-decision winning streak on June 22. The NL Cy Young Award winner struck out four and walked one on 108 pitches.The NL Central-leading Cubs have won five straight and 16 of 22.Ben Zobrists two-out two-run single off Gray broke a scoreless tie in the top of the third.Zobrist and Addison Russell had two hits each for the Cubs.Were firing on all cylinders right now, Arrieta said. Does that mean we wont lose three in a row? Who knows? It doesnt matter to us. We want to come out tomorrow and keep the momentum on our side.ROSTER MOVEThe As sent LHP Dillon Overton to Triple-A Nashville and called up LHP Patrick Schuster. Overton had a 10.97 ERA and allowed 11 homers in five starts. Schuster was 1-0 with a 1.16 ERA and seven saves in 32 appearances (all in relief) at Nashville.BILLY-BALL COMMEMORATEDThe As commemorated the early 1980s Billy-Ball era with former players Rick Langford, Mike Heath, Dwayne Murphy, Mike Norris and Mike Davis attending a pregame ceremony and Billy Martin Jr. throwing the first pitch. Former broadcaster Roy Steele and professional cheerleader Krazy George also attended. The As wore vintage gold jerseys and the Cubs sported powder blue from the same era.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: RHP Henderson Alvarez, sidelined since spring training recovering from shoulder surgery last summer, has started plyometric workouts ahead of a throwing program after a recent doctors appointment cleared him. ... LHP Sean Doolittle threw a 25-pitch bullpen session on Saturday. Hes been on the disabled list with a shoulder strain since June 26.UP NEXTCubs: RHP Kyle Hendricks has a 1.04 ERA over his last nine outings, including eight starts, since June 19. He threw 123 pitches in his last start, a shutout against Miami. Hendricks has never faced the Athletics.Athletics: Rookie LHP Sean Manaea is 1-2 with a 3.14 ERA in his last seven outings, including six starts, since coming off the disabled list June 29 with a forearm strain. Manaea is 1-1 with a 3.55 ERA in two interleague starts. Aaron Rodgers Womens Jersey . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. Green Bay Packers Jerseys . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. http://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Jaire-Alexander-Jersey/ .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Dexter Williams Youth Jersey . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. Custom Green Bay Packers Jerseys . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. Wahab Riaz has warned Australia to be prepared for the same hostile fast bowling he produced the last time he played against them on Australian soil. Wahabs heated battle with Shane Watson at the Adelaide Oval during the World Cup was one of the most memorable white-ball spells in recent times, despite the fact it didnt produce a wicket.Those four overs have elevated Wahabs reputation in Australia and made him one of the more recognisable figures in a Pakistan squad that hasnt played a Test here in almost seven years. Goaded by Watson when he was batting, Wahab struck back with several body blows in a display of searing pace and short-pitched bowling that, ultimately, couldnt swing the match back in Pakistans favour.That was one of my best matches I have ever played, Wahab said at the Gabba on Tuesday in the lead-up to the first Test against Australia. It was really exciting. I would love to repeat that performance from the World Cup, I want to bowl like that on this tour but I want to be amongst the wickets - I was lacking some wickets in that spell. So this is what Im looking for.Obviously, I have to do what I do really well. I cant change myself because if I do that its not going to work for me. I am going to bowl aggressively, I will bowl short as well. Its part of the plan. But it will all be according to the situations and what the situation demands, how I have to react like that.While the Adelaide pitch hardly has the reputation of being a fast bowlers dream, the Gabba is a different beast altogether. Wahab has only played one match here, also during the 2015 World Cup, against Zimbabwe, which brings other satisfying recollections; he took 4 for 45 and scored 54 not out in a man-of-the-match performance.No one could doubt the Australian players are relieved to be back in their series-starting fortress. A 28-year undefeated streak will do that - they have not lost a Gabba Test since 1988 - reinstating the sort of confidence that has been shaken and stirred by the series loss to South Africa.But, if the Australian fast bowlers are licking their lips at the prospect of a deck that offers pace and bounce, to Pakistans quicks the Gabba must seem a lush bowling oasis after years of plying their trade in an unforgiving desert.Its very exciting, said Wahab. We have played a lot of cricket in the UAE and the wickets over here are really good - they have bounce, they have pace. So its really good for the fast bowlers and Im looking forwaard to bowling here.ddddddddddddThe wickets are slow there [in the UAE] and we are used to playing on those tracks so thats why it looks like our bowlers dont have that much potential or we dont have those kinds of spells every day consistently. Its always different because its a spin track or a batting track in the UAE so that is the biggest difference.There is no doubt Pakistan face a formidable task - no Asian team has won a series in Australia and Pakistan have won only four Tests here, two of them dead rubbers - and they arrive on the back of a 2-0 series loss in New Zealand, but Wahab says his side is not fazed by history, nor the Gabbas intimidating record for visitors.This is what were looking for as well - records are meant to be broken and this might be the chance for Pakistan to break that record, Wahab said. Obviously its not going to be easy, we have to do a lot of hard work. We have to take 20 wickets, and obviously we are looking for that - we know even no Asian country has won a series here in Australia. So looking for that and that should really give us a good boost and give us something to go for.We have to take the challenge. We know Australia is good in their home conditions, its one of the best teams. To compete with them we have to counterattack them, we have to have that confidence. Weve got the skills and everyone is prepared for these Test matches.One positive for Pakistan is the presence in their group of Mickey Arthur and Steve Rixon, both of whom were on Australias coaching staff from 2011 to 2014 and worked closely with several members of the current Australia team including Steven Smith and David Warner. Wahab said the pair had been a great help in giving Pakistans players the inside running on Australia.Everybody knows everything about David Warner and Steve Smith - you have to attack them, said Wahab. Thats it. You cannot look for them to give you their wicket. You have to buy their wickets.Its a great help having Mickey Arthur and Steve Rixon. Obviously they have been working really hard on us, and they have spent a lot of time with Australia as well. We get that information coming up from them, they are telling us their experiences. And obviously its time for us to deliver. So its more important how we deliver, weve got all the consequences so we have to deliver on the day. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz