Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

13.08.2019 11:33
im. Id imagine hell come back Antworten

SINGAPORE -- The comparisons with Serena Williams have always been more of a disservice than an inspiration to Madison Keys. She might be the anointed flag-bearer for the next generation of American female tennis stars, but Keys has never really liked the burden of trying to match Williams or appease an impatient public wanting more. And why should she? Williams has 22 Grand Slam singles titles; Keys has none. At least for now.Unlike Williams, who had completed her own career Grand Slam by the time she was old enough to buy booze legally, Keys is still a work in progress at 21. But that doesnt mean shes not doing great things.But those great things will have to wait, at least for now. On Thursday night in Singapore, world No. 1 Angelique Kerber?presented Keys a tennis master class. Although Kerber had already qualified for the knockout phase and knew Keys would join her in the last four if the American won at least one set, Kerber played pristine tennis once again, winning 6-3, 6-3.I let nerves get the best of me, and I think that happens to everyone, Keys said afterward. Just something that I need to work on. Its not a bad thing. It happens to a lot of people. People figure it out. Obviously Im not the best at it, at 21. But hopefully there is a couple more years to figure that out.Keys is still on a sharp learning curve and remains her own harshest critic. Her biggest takeaway from Singapore was not what went right but went wrong. She knows she has a rocket of a serve and booming groundstrokes that should have been ideally suited to the indoor hard courts where the finals are played, but she also knows she made too many mistakes to be able to rattle her more seasoned opponents.I think one big thing for me that I need to work on is being able to separate my feelings and emotions from my matches, Keys said. I think when its a high-stress situation, my tennis definitely takes a big dip. Thats something Im gonna have to work on.This is obviously my first experience in a setting like this.Ranked seventh in the world, she was the youngest player to qualify for the WTA Finals in Singapore, reserved for the worlds elite top eight. She didnt make the semifinals after losing to Kerber and the fourth-ranked Simona Halep but did manage a win against the vastly more experienced Dominika Cibulkova -- no small feat.Overall, its an amazing experience to be here, she told reporters in Singapore. I worked really hard to get here, so Im proud of myself for that.Keys earned her place in the WTA Finals the old-fashioned way: slogging it out all season long and accruing the points through consistency rather than with one big breakthrough. She did capture her second WTA Tour title, at the Aegon Classic in Birmingham, England, in June, and made the final at the Italian Open and Canadian Open. But the bulk of her points came from reaching the round of 16 at all four Grand Slam tournaments.Ive gotten a lot better at figuring matches out when I wasnt necessarily playing well, Keys said. That was a big goal of mine. Thats something that I can use all of next year and years to come. I think the biggest thing is just wanting to get better every single day and never really being completely happy. I think pushing myself like that has really helped me get to where I am.If Keys requires some fresh inspiration, she needs look no further than Kerber. At 28, Kerber is the oldest woman to reach the No. 1 ranking and is in the best form of her life, winning the Australian Open and US Open titles this year. A perennial underachiever for most of her career, the German is now a model of calmness and efficiency.Before this week, Kerber had managed just one win in three trips to the WTA Finals. This time shes 3-0, safely through to the semifinals and the favorite to win the title.For Keys, rather than feeling deflated after being beaten up by another older opponent, she was actually grateful for the schooling.It just makes you realize it doesnt all have to happen right now, she said. Sometimes you have to give yourself a break. I think it just shows that tennis is evolving a little bit. People arent winning Slams at 21 anymore. Its later.Angelique made No. 1 in the world at 28; that wasnt happening before. So that just gives me a little bit of relief. It feels like I dont have to figure it all out tomorrow. Dwight Powell Mavericks Jersey . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. Dwight Powell Mavericks Jersey . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. http://www.mavericksteamofficial.info/dirk-nowitzki-mavericks-jersey/ . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Jason Kidd Jersey . LOUIS -- St. Dirk Nowitzki Jersey . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Andy Murray has set his sights on overtaking Novak Djokovic as world No. 1 after winning his second Wimbledon title.The Scot claimed his third Grand Slam triumph with a straight-sets win over Milos Raonic on Sunday and said his best tennis is yet to come.Its possible, Murray told the BBC. Id rather set the bar as high as possible and not quite achieve it. Its better to try to finish No. 1 in the world and finish at two.Id love to get to No. 1, obviously, but I think a lot of people are forgetting what Novaks done because he lost in the third round here.The last 18 months hes been unbelievable, hes hardly lost any matches at all, so I know if I want to get there Im going to have to try to win more matches against him. Id imagine hell come back very strong from the loss here.Djokovic became the first man in 47 years to hold all four major titles?simultaneously when he denied Murray in the French Open final last month.The Serbs 30-match Grand Slam winning streak was ended by Sam Querrey at Wimbledon, but he still leads world No. 2 Murray by nearly 5,000 points in the ATP rankings.Still, Murray celebrated his emotional triumph at the Champions Ball before heading to a London nightclub with wife Kim, his team and friends.The Scot revealed he got to bed at 4 a.m. before waking up at 8 a.m. to head bacck to the All England Club for media duties.ddddddddddddWell, he did promise to enjoy this one more than his first Wimbledon title in 2013.I think a few of my team definitely woke up feeling worse than me, Murray wrote in his BBC column. I had a few drinks, which I would normally only do to calm down if Im on a bumpy flight, but some of the others pushed it a bit harder.Im happy to report there was no sore head -- although maybe a bit of dizziness!The celebrations were more than warranted, given that Murray had lost eight of his previous 10 Grand Slam finals -- and even his famously stoic coach Ivan Lendl, nicknamed Old Stoneface, appeared to shed a few tears.I knew I must have achieved something special on Sunday because I got a hug from Ivan, Murray added.Its usually just a handshake, but for Wimbledon he makes an exception -- and I think he might even have got a bit emotional.My mum was teasing him about it while we were on our way to the Champions Ball, because a few people messaged us with gifs zooming in on Ivan during the final -- his eyes definitely looked a bit red and teary!I asked him: Did you have a cry? He said: No, of course not. Ive just got hay fever. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz