Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

13.08.2019 11:34
Australian PGA last week in his first event in A Antworten

RICHMOND, Va. -- Jamie McMurray knows the kind of pressure NASCAR drivers are under at Richmond International Raceway in the cutoff race to qualify for the Chase for the Sprint Cup.He has experienced it from all sides.McMurray, who will make his 500th career Sprint Cup Series start Saturday night in the Federated Auto Parts 400, is on the brink of qualifying for the Chase for the second year in a row.He and fellow Chevrolet driver Ryan Newman are battling for the 16th and final entry into the 2016 Chase, assuming theres not a new winner, with McMurray holding a relatively comfortable 22-point advantage.Coming out of Sunday nights Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway, the gap was just seven points, but Newman was penalized 15 points by NASCAR on Wednesday because his car failed the postrace laser inspection.Thanks to the penalty, McMurray can breathe a little easier. But he knows he cant afford to cruise and collect.Im not going to do anything different, he said between practice sessions Friday at RIR. Im just going to race the way we have all year long. I feel like my style of racing is somewhat conservative anyway to get the best finish out of it you can. Thats whats put us in this position.Weve got a really good car, and thats going to make it easier, he added. The car is better than normal in practice, and this has been a pretty good track for me. We could have a first-time winner, but I dont expect me to outrun [Newman] by 20 positions or vice versa.We just need a normal race, maybe try to give some guys a little extra room and have a solid night.McMurrays position on the bubble is not as comfortable as it was a year ago, when he clinched a Chase berth by simply taking the start at Richmond.But hes happy to be on the positive side of the points ledger, where he can afford to be defensive rather than forced into uncharacteristic aggression.And after losing what looked like a certain Chase berth back in 2005 when his car dropped a valve spring with 30 laps to go, McMurray also knows that the drama about who makes it into the NASCAR playoffs and who misses out wont be determined until the checkered flag flies.Until youre locked in, it doesnt matter, he said. In 2005, I was in, and then I wasnt because the motor stopped running. So Im not going to race any differently until its over.Making the Chase is a goal you set out every year, he added. Everybody wants to win a race, you want to win a pole and you want to be in the Chase. Last year I didnt really get what a big deal it is, but now I really want to be a part of it again.Among winless drivers, Chase Elliott and Austin Dillon are in slightly better shape pointswise than McMurray. Elliot can lock in by finishing 17th, while an eighth-place run for Dillon would do the job regardless of all other scenarios.Dillon and Cup Series rookie Elliott are looking to make the Chase for the first time.Weve done a good job putting ourselves in position, said Dillon, who is Newmans teammate at Richard Childress Racing. I wish we were locked in by now, but I feel like we have a car capable of running pretty well here and were going about it like a regular race weekend. If we have a good strong finish, [the Chase] will take care of itself.I think Ive been nervous for the last two or three weeks now, he continued. Being in the Chase is a big deal. Its one of our main goals. Hopefully we can pull out a strong result Saturday night and maybe even contend for a win.Although the main focus is on the fight for 16th in the points, the subplot is Chris Bueschers battle to remain Chase eligible by staying in the top 30.Buescher took a fog-aided victory at Pocono Raceway in the No. 34 Front Row Motorsports Ford and is 11 points ahead of David Ragan on the Chases other cutoff line.I think we pretty much know what we have to do, Buescher said. Were going to control what we can control and do our best to have a clean race and stay out of trouble. This is not one of my better tracks, but we made progress in practice and are definitely better than we were here in the spring.Theres a lot of anticipation leading into this weekend, but Im pretty confident were in a good spot right now.For Newman, Kasey Kahne and the rest of the field, even though they can still sneak in on points, winning Saturday nights race is really their only realistic shot. Kahne finished a season-high fourth in the spring race at Richmond, but repeating that result wont be enough for him to crack the top 16 without a lot of help from the likes of McMurray and Buescher.Newman was already unhappy that he lost several places in the pits Sunday night at Darlington [he finished eighth but thought he could have been third], and the subsequent 15-point penalty made his task even tougher.He believes the speed he showed at Darlington should translate to the smaller Richmond oval.It gives us hope going into Richmond, Newman stated. We go there like we always do, to win. Ive been in this situation before. Well go and do everything we can to win and make the transfer.Even drivers who have already qualified for the Chase admitted they are following the intrigue over the cutoff for 16th with interest.For some guys, this is their whole season, said Carl Edwards of Joe Gibbs Racing. This is everything theyve worked for, so Ill definitely be conscious of that. You dont want to mess up anybodys season.By the end of the race, it will be kind of fun to watch that. Nike Air Max 90 Mens Canada . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Mens Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 Black/Grey/Red Canada Shoes . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. http://www.max90forcheap.ca/white-blue-pink-womens-nike-air-max-90-leather-trainers.html . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Nike Air Max 90 Womens Canada . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. Yeezy Boost 350 Fluorescent Pink Shoes Adidas Womens . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts have claimed guard Donovan Williams off waivers from Chicago and placed punter Michael Palardy on waivers.Starting guard Denzelle Good and backup offensive lineman Kevin Graf both were injured in Saturday nights 19-18 victory at Buffalo.The 6-foot-3, 315-pound Williams signed with Chicago as an undrafted rookie out of Louisiana-Lafayette in May. He was waived by the Bears on Saturday.Palardy siigned with the Colts on Aug.dddddddddddd 6 after Pro Bowl punter Pat McAfee hurt his knee at training camp. He also has spent time with Baltimore, Carolina, Oakland and the St. Louis Rams but never appeared in an NFL game.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz