Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.08.2019 08:13
Button was understandably beaming in his p Antworten

CHICAGO -- The White Sox were denied a sixth straight series win, despite James Shields best start since coming to Chicago.The Atlanta Braves beat the White Sox 2-0 on Sunday, though Shields turned in his third straight quality start going into the All-Star break.Even when I was struggling, I didnt put too much emphasis on each start, Shields said. But being consistent and on the same page with Navvy (catcher Dioner Navarro) back there has been great.Shields (4-10) allowed six hits, including two homers, in 7 2/3 innings. He struck out two as his record fell to 2/3 since his arrival from San Diego in a trade.The best (performance) since hes been here, manager Robin Ventura said.As good as Shields was, though, Mike Foltynewicz was better. The Braves right-hander allowed five hits in seven innings. Jeff Francoeur and Jace Peterson homered for all the runs he needed.Foltynewicz (3-3), who grew up in the far southwest suburbs of Chicago, had a career-high 10 strikeouts without allowing a walk. He struck out the side in the seventh on 12 pitches.He has great stuff, Ventura said. Any time you can get up to around 100 (mph) ... It didnt fall off, either. Our guys couldnt get on it. Every time we got something going, he snuffed it out.The 24-year-old right-hander won for the first time since beating the Giants on May 30. He was placed on the disabled list on June 4 with a bone spur and made his third start since returning.Chris Withrow pitched a scoreless eighth for the Braves and Jim Johnson finished for his second save in four chances.After retiring the first four batters, Shields was tagged for a solo shot by Francoeur in the second inning. It was Francoeurs fifth of the season and second in as many games. An inning later, Shields gave up Petersons fourth of the season.Ex-White Sox A.J. Pierzynski hit his 400th career double in the fifth inning. He became the fourth catcher in major league history with 400 or more doubles.BETTER LATE THAN NEVERWhite Sox LHP Jose Quintana has replaced Clevelands Danny Salazar on the AL All-Star roster. A first-time All-Star, Quintana is 7-8 with a 3.21 ERA, sixth-best in the AL at the start of Sunday. He joins teammate Chris Sale on the roster.When Robin talked to me, I couldnt believe that, Quintana said. Any goal for a player is to make the All-Star Game. Im so happy. All my preparation and work, when you get that, its really exciting for me.TRAINERS ROOMBraves: C Tyler Flowers reported improvement in his strained left hand. He received treatment before the game and was scheduled to be re-examined in Atlanta during the All-Star break next week. He will undergo an MRI on Monday. ... RHP Arodys Vizcaino was unavailable because of skin irritation on his right elbow. He was excepted to return immediately after the All-Star break.White Sox: 1B/DH Justin Morneau is 2 for 17 in his rehab stint with Triple-A Charlotte. The White Sox signed Morneau on June 9 as he recovers from offseason left elbow surgery. There is still no timetable for his White Sox debut. I think for him its always going to be about his pace and what he feels like he can handle and where hes at, Ventura said. Thats going to be the biggest thing, and were going to have to be patient with that, for him, knowing whens the right time to give a thumbs up.UP NEXTBraves: Atlanta will make a decision on Fridays starter after the All-Star Game on Tuesday. If RHP Julio Teheran (3-8), who was selected as a member of the NL All-Star team, doesnt pitch on Tuesday, he will likely start on Friday against Colorado.White Sox: Miguel Gonzalez (2-4) is scheduled to start against Angels in Anaheim on Friday. Shields will follow on Saturday. Orbelin Pineda Jersey . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Yasser Corona Mexico Jersey . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. http://www.nationalsoccermexico.com/ . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. Marco Fabian Jersey . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. Orbelin Pineda Mexico Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again.Jenson Button says Honda have made massive improvements to the deployment of electrical energy over the winter after completing his first miles in the 2016 McLaren. The 2009 world champion highlighted deployment as the key reason for McLarens struggles last season and was delighted to find the situation had improved on the first day of pre-season running.In all, Button completed 84 laps - in excess of a full race distance at the Circuit de Catalunya. This time last year, the newly-forged McLaren-Honda partnership registered a mere six laps. After a difficult campaign, Button was understandably beaming in his post-session press conference and his smile could get wider with Honda set to deliver further improvements before Australia. It is understood that the engine manufacturers will deliver an updated version of the power unit for next weeks test in Barcelona.It is difficult to say in terms of power because this wont be the engine we take to the first race. The deployment is so much better. I dont know if it is the same as the other guys have but it feels like it is. That is a big step for us, Button said. Speaking with Sky Sports News HQs Rachel Brookes, McLaren driver Jenson Button revealed he was glad to be back in the driving seat after the winter break This isnt a track where you struggle for deployment over one timed lap, but over a long run we were struggling massiively and losing four or five tenths on a lap, whereas now we dont so we have gained lap time back over a long run.ddddddddddddt is much better, very easy to understand the deployment and to play with it and it listens to change which is good. It is good to see all the hard work over the winter has paid off. Button toyed with retirement during 2015, but admits he would have been frustrated sitting at home had he hung up his gloves.I was happy 10 minutes ago driving an F1 car, he added.Its what Ive missed for three months, it feels like the longest break Ive ever had in my career. Im so glad I didnt retire last year because I have missed it massively.Hamilton hails best first day ever The latest from Formula Ones pre-season testing in Barcelona. See the new Mercedes, Mclaren and Ferrari in action. The Sky Sports F1 Digital team will be providing live commentary from dawn until dusk on all four days of both Barcelona tests while Sky Sports News HQ will also deliver live updates from trackside. Also See: Watch the Mercedes W07 on track F1 test pictures: The cars on track ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz