Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.08.2019 08:14
questions? said Ira Kaufman of the Pro Football H Antworten

RICHMOND, Va. -- Look at London Fletchers career stats, particularly the column of numbers under the letter "G." Nothing but 16s for "Games" played. On and on and on. Through four years with the St. Louis Rams. Five with the Buffalo Bills. Six with the Washington Redskins. Its become routine to say that Fletcher has never missed a game in his NFL career. Its routine to hear him say that hes been "blessed" with "good genes." Its routine to hear him insist that he only thinks about his playing streak when reporters bring it up. And, every year that passes, the routine becomes more remarkable. Robert Griffin III has missed a game, and hes only played one season. Keenan Robinson, the 2012 draft pick groomed as a possible successor to Fletcher, has already missed five games and had two serious shoulder injuries. He might not play at all this season. Fletchers streak is now at 240, the longest among active players in the NFL. Hes been credited with 1,321 tackles and 608 assists, which translates into nearly 2,000 confrontations with running backs, tight ends and quarterbacks -- and not a single impact that caused him to miss the next game. "London," Griffin said, "has been amazing." Fletcher is now 38, back for another year captaining the Redskins defence as an inside linebacker. It wasnt a sure thing that he would make it back this time. There were times last year when he couldnt practice because of injuries. Then he kept silent for a while after the end of the season and waited until he had ankle and elbow surgeries to proclaim that, no, he never seriously considered retirement. "Its just something where you get up every day and go to work and dont think about it," Fletcher said. "Its pretty much how I go about my business. I get up every day, come to work and dont think about the durability part until somebody brings it up. I feel good. I try to do a lot of different things to keep myself feeling good. The training staff does a great job of working with me, and the coaches do a great job of monitoring my reps and things like that. So I dont think about it a whole lot." Besides, now is not the time to quit. The Redskins went 32-48 in Fletchers first five seasons in Washington, and the losing was starting to wear on him. Now they are the reigning NFC East champs. They are on the rise with Griffin, whose own medical marvel is the speed in which hes returned from reconstructive knee surgery. "Well, if I was impressed with him before (last) season, how do you think I feel about him now?" Fletcher said with a laugh. "I think he exceeded all expectations, and thats really hard for a guy like him to come in with such high expectations. And when you think about it, this franchise has been looking for a franchise quarterback for, I dont know, over 20 years. So to finally get one ..." Fletcher is two-plus seasons away from the record for consecutive games played by a defensive player, Jim Marshalls 282-game run from 1960-79. Hes in the last year of his latest contract, but thats immaterial. As long as he keeps playing well -- hes been second-team All-Pro the last two years -- the Redskins will want him back. "Really, in the National Football League, you are always on your last year of your contract for the most part," Fletcher said. "This is just the nature of the business. I have scratched and clawed my whole career. I came in as an undrafted free agent, so I was on the last year of my contract 16 years ago when you really think about it. Its not something I spend a lot of time with. Im focused on this season and thats pretty much it." Notes: Griffin was a bystander for nearly the entire practice Tuesday as the team prepared for Thursday nights preseason opener against the Tennessee Titans. There were no 7-on-7 drills, and coaches arent letting Griffin do 11-on-11 drills because of his knee. Kirk Cousins will start at quarterback against the Titans and play about 15 plays. ... Running backs coach Bobby Turner, who is also an assistant head coach, ran the practice because head coach Mike Shanahan was away attending a friends funeral. Turner refused to take questions from reporters after practice. Asked why he wasnt answering questions, he said: "Because Im just filling in." ... Heavy rains forced the Redskins indoors for the first time at training camp: The morning walkthrough was held at Richmonds convention centre. Sione Takitaki Browns Jersey . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Jim Brown Browns Jersey . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. http://www.footballbrownsnflprostore.com/Youth-Greedy-Williams-Elite-Jersey/ . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Odell Beckham Jr Jersey .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Baker Mayfield Womens Jersey . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. NEW YORK -- With Tom Brady back at quarterback, the New England Patriots once again lead the NFL in wins.And because of that, they also lead the latest AP Pro32 poll , which was released Tuesday.The Patriots received all 12 first-place votes for 384 points from balloting by media members who regularly cover the NFL.Best record in the league, best point differential in the league and the best coach-quarterback tandem in the history of the league. Any questions? said Ira Kaufman of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.The Patriots (6-1) have won all three games since Bradys return from his Deflategate suspension to start the season.And on Sunday, the Patriots face the Buffalo Bills on the road in a rematch of their only loss of the season, a 16-0 shutout in Week 4.The Dallas Cowboys moved up two spots to No. 2 despite having a bye last week.And the Seattle Seahawks remained at No. 3 after their 6-6 tie against Arizona on Sunday night.They have not averaged under 100 yards rushing per game since Pete Carrolls first season in Seattle in 2010, said Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.The defending champion Denver Broncos also moved up two spots to No. 4 after their 27-9 win over former teammate Brock Osweiller and the Houston Texans.ddddddddddddJohn Elway is right. Sometimes the best deals are the ones you dont make. Case in point: Brock Osweiler turning down Denvers offer to take the cash in Houston, Newsdays Bob Glauber said.The Broncos GM watches bargain-basement QB Trevor Siemian get the best of Osweiler in a resounding Monday night win.The Minnesota Vikings dropped four spots to No. 5 after suffering their first loss, which came against the Philadelphia Eagles, who jumped six spots to No. 6 after the 21-10 win.The Eagles face the Cowboys on Sunday night in a key NFC East matchup.Dak Prescott vs. Carson Wentz for control of the NFC East, just like the schedule-makers drew it up, said Jenny Vrentas of The Monday Morning Quarterback.The Kansas City Chiefs (AFC West) and Green Bay Packers (NFC North) each moved up three spots, to No. 7 and No. 8, after wins last week.The Oakland Raiders, tied for first place with Denver in the division, jumped four spots to No. 9 to give the AFC West three teams in the top 10.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz