Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.08.2019 08:14
Pakistan, he missed the two Tests Antworten

Mysore v Andhra, Vijayawada, 1967-68I was 18 and not really expecting a call-up that season, but it just happened. In the state juniors tournament, just like the Under-19s, I scored 60s and 70s, but couldnt convert any of them into a century for two years. So, I was there in the reckoning but I never expected to get into the team so early.None of our top players, like V Subramanya, the captain, EAS Prasanna, BS Chandrasekhar and Budhi Kunderan played because that was the last game of the season. The selectors must have thought of giving youngsters an opportunity. We had at least five debutants as far as I can remember. Apart from me, there was Nagbhushan, S Natraj, Vijayakumar and Subramanyas brother, Ramadas. YB Patel captained the side in this game and Kiri [Syed Kirmani] had made his debut one match earlier. He was the keeper. Since we were all youngsters, and since we had played together, we felt at ease, but there were the usual butterflies in the tummy when we went out to bat.We played on a matting wicket in Vijayawada. After we lost early wickets, I went in to bat at No. 4. This match took place right after West Indies tour to India in 1967, where Wesley Hall and Charlie Griffith played. Here similarly, there were two fast bowlers - big guys - Pratap [Rana Pratap Gupta] and Venkata Rao. The local press and crowd called them Hall and Griffith.They were genuinely quick and since we played on a matting wicket, there was some sort of help for them. I survived initially and then played all the shots, including my trademark square-cut, to score a double-century. When I went in to bat, the first new ball was being used. When I walked back at the end of the day, I was unbeaten on 209; I eventually got out leg before off the third new ball. After a few years, when I went to the same ground, I realised how small it was. No wonder I scored 200 in one day.Later on, after Venkat Rao became a promiment BCCI official he told me: When Pratap and I saw you, we thought yeh bachcha hai, usko de dega bees run [he is a kid, lets give him 20 runs]. I was quite slim and had no physique then. After that Venkat said, okay, hes crossed thirty. Let him score a fifty. Fifty became a hundred and finally I ended up making 200.After I was out for 230, our manager C Nagaraj, who for many years was KSCA secretary and board secretary, got a new Chakravarti bat and took signatures from both sides who played in that match and presented it to me. I was told later that it was a record for the highest first-class score by an Indian on debut. After I scored 200, I felt I had managed to settle into the state team. Playing for India, however, didnt cross my mind at all.That knock may have fast-tracked my selection to the national team. More so, it was a good thing that MAK Pataudi started playing for Hyderabad, so he had an opportunity to watch me bat from close quarters.As told to Arun Venugopal Jamie Langenbrunner Devils Jersey . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Will Butcher Jersey .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. http://www.devilssale.com/authentic-andy-greene-devils-jersey/ . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. Damon Severson Devils Jersey . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Custom New Jersey Devils Jerseys . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Michael Vaughan, the former England captain, has warned that Ben Stokes risks burn-out if England heap too many expectations on to his shoulders during the forthcoming Test tour of India. However, he also reckons that getting the ball out of Stokes hand in the big moments of the series will prove to be a management challenge for Alastair Cook.Stokes was Englands outstanding player during the 1-1 series draw with Bangladesh last month, especially during the first Test at Chittagong where he almost single-handedly hauled England to a 22-run victory. His total of 103 runs included a vital second-innings 85, while his six wickets in the match featured a key spell of reverse swing in Bangladeshs first innings as he claimed 4 for 10 to secure a priceless first-innings lead.Throughout the two matches it was notable how Cook, a naturally conservative captain, turned to his seam bowlers in times of strife, especially given how little control he was able to exert with his spin attack. Stokes fronted up admirably with 11 wickets from 48.3 overs in the series - fewer than the first-choice spinners Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid, but more than any of the other quicks on show.However, he appeared to be hobbling when he came out to bat in Englands second innings at Dhaka and, with five Tests to come in the space of six weeks in India, Vaughan believes that Stokes may have to be protected from himself if England are to get full value from their most precious asset.Stokes has got that ability to get in the opposing teams faces with expertise, Vaughan said during the launch of BT Sports cricket coverage. Many players have tried to wind up the opposition by being forceful and aggressive without having the game [to back it up] but, with Stokes, you just know, every time he goes to the crease, things are going to happen.I think the problem that Alastair will have is getting the ball out of his hands. He wants to bowl, he wants to compete - speak to Paul Collingwood, he bowls marathon spells for Durham, 16-17 overs - and hes got that ability to produce magic with the old ball.And even when hes bowled badly, and sprayed the ball all over the place, hes always created opportunities. Beefy Botham took a lot of wickets with long-hops and Ben Stokes is very similar, because hes got that physical presence out in the middle. He does intimidate opposition batsmen, so he will create opportunities.Vaughan sees inevitable parallels with Englands last genuiine allrounder, Andrew Flintoff, whom he captained throughout the prime of his career from 2003 to 2006.dddddddddddd And, like Flintoff, Stokes has already shown that his body may be vulnerable to the workload that he puts upon it, having undergone knee surgery early in the English season, before missing the final two Tests of Pakistan series with a calf tear.The real question is injury, Vaughan said. We saw in the summer against Pakistan, he missed the two Tests that England lost [at Lords and The Oval]. The Chittagong Test win was 22 runs … without Ben Stokes England would have lost.Many would say as a captain, did you go to bed at night and not sleep because of the toss or opposing team. No, the one thing that Cook will be saying at night is: Please, Ben Stokes, dont get injured because hes that important to the team.Like Flintoff, Stokes has a larger-than-life personality that can, on occasions, get him into scrapes. He was infamously sent home from England Lions tour of Australia in 2012-13 for persistently breaking the team curfew, and ruled himself out of the World T20 in Bangladesh in 2014 after punching a locker during a poor run of form during the ODI tour of the Caribbean.But Vaughan believes that Stokes exploits in recent months have shown a different side to his character. Hes a quick learner and I think people possibly dont see the amount of work he puts in. Hes a free spirit, and every now and again he will be talked about for doing the wrong things - punching a dressing-room door, partying too hard - but he wants to learn and get better, and I can only see that he is going to get better.They will have to be wary of the amount of bowling he does in India, but hes the kind of guy who wants to be in the game. I remember Duncan Fletcher used to say to the team, get in the game. If the game is flat, do something.Thats the kind of player he is. Whatever the situation, you are looking at him and hes in the game. Whether at backward point, or on the drive, or with the ball in hand, or striding out to bat. You just know things are going to happen.Watch the first Test of the Australia v South Africa series exclusively live on BT Sport 3 from 2am on Thursday, November 4. BT Sport is your new home for Australias home international matches and Big Bash League, including the 2017-18 Ashes ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz