Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

24.08.2019 10:47
never fully played freely in the match. But Antworten

EASTBOURNE, England -- Qualifier Jamie Hampton became the first American since Jennifer Capriati in 2003 to reach the Eastbourne semifinals after rallying past Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic 3-6, 7-6 (1), 6-4 on Thursday. Hampton was unable to win any of her seven break points in the first set. Safarova broke to lead 4-3 in the second set and served for victory at 5-4, but the American broke back and even had a set point at 6-5 before sweeping the tiebreaker. After an exchange of breaks early in the final set, Hampton broke again to lead 5-4. The 23-year old was surprisingly downbeat about her successful week and didnt think she was playing her best tennis. "I dont think so. I think that Im playing good, solid tennis but I dont think Im anywhere near my best," Hampton said. "I was a little worked up today, actually, showed a little more emotion than I like. The conditions were tough. We were basically playing in a cloud. There was so much moisture in the air, and the court was slick so I was having a hard time with my footing and my movements. That was definitely bothering me a little bit." She next plays fifth-seeded Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark, who rallied to beat Russias Ekaterina Makarova 4-6, 6-0, 6-3 in a contest between two former champions. According to the WTA website, Hampton and Wozniacki have never met in one of its tournaments. Their only previous meeting came in the first round of the US Open junior event in 2005, with Hampton winning 6-2, 2-6, 6-4. Li Na was less fortunate in the quarterfinals at Eastbourne, falling 7-6 (4), 6-3 to Russias Elena Vesnina. The players had contrasting paths to the last eight. Vesnina struggled through her first two matches to win both in three sets. Li, the 2011 French Open champion, had played just two sets before receiving a walkover in the second round. The second-seeded Chinese player rarely looked comfortable. After sharing breaks in the first set, Vesnina took the tiebreaker. In the second set and after an exchange of breaks, a double-fault gave Vesnina a 5-3 lead and she served out for her third win over Li in four meetings. "Today was, how you say, a little bit of surprise the way shes playing," Li said. "But for me I think sometimes I can play well, but sometimes I think I lose concentration on the court." Vesnina now faces Belgiums Yanina Wickmayer, who upset sixth-seeded Maria Kirilenko of Russia 6-2, 1-6, 7-5. On the mens side, Feliciano Lopez beat Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 7-6 (6) to reach the final four in a battle of Spanish lefthanders. The match was delayed for 90 minutes by light rain. Just one break of serve at 2-2 decided the opening set, and Verdasco was unhappy about the grass-court conditions. Lopez saved a break point to hold for 2-2 and a second set point at 5-4. He rallied from 4-1 down in the tiebreaker. "Until last couple of games of the match, the court was not good enough to play, but sometimes on grass you have to play on these conditions," Lopez said. "Sometimes with the grass is difficult ... because you feel that you are not safe. But they tell you to play and you have to play." Nike Air Yeezy 2 España . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. Nike Air Force Just Do It Blancas . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. http://www.airforceonebaratas.com/zapatillas-nike-react/react-element-55.html . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Nike Air Force Just Do It Negras . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. Nike Air More Uptempo Negras . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. LONDON -- Roger Federer and Andy Murray are closing in on another Wimbledon final.Federer, a seven-time champion from Switzerland, is 34 and still looking to make history at the All England Club by winning a record eighth title.The 29-year-old Murray already made his mark in 2013, becoming the first British man to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry in 1936.The pair are on opposite sides of the draw, so if they win quarterfinals Wednesday, and then semifinals Friday, they would meet each other for the title Sunday.I hope I can win Wimbledon one more time, said Federer, who beat Murray in the 2012 final. That would be nice.That would also be an understatement.Both Pete Sampras and 1880s player William Renshaw have won seven Wimbledon titles, but no one has eight. The only male player at any Grand Slam tournament with that many is Rafael Nadal, who has won the French Open nine times.Federer will face ninth-seeded Marin Cilic in the quarterfinals, while Murray will take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. If Federer advances, he will equal Jimmy Connors record of 11 Wimbledon semifinal appearances.In the other mens quarterfinal matches, sixth-seeded Milos Raonic will face 28th-seeded Sam Querrey, and 2010 finalist Tomas Berdych will play Lucas Pouille.Querrey knocked defending champion Novak Djokovic out of the tournament in the third round.Heres a look at the four mens quarterfinal matches:FEDERER VS. CILIC: Federer is 5-1 against Cilic, but its the one loss that still hurts.Cilic routed Federer in straight sets in the U.S. Open semifinals in 2014, the last time the two players met on court.These things happen. Its OK to get blown off the court, Federer said. I never fully played freely in the match. But that was to his credit for just keeping cranking out serves and big returns.Cilic ended up winning his first major title at that tournaament in New York.dddddddddddd Hes hoping to reach the Wimbledon semifinals for the first time.MURRAY VS. TSONGA: Tsonga has twice reached the Wimbledon semifinals, including beating Federer in the 2011 quarterfinals.Murray, however, has beaten Tsonga in 11 of their last 12 matches, including four times on grass.I know Tsonga is one of the best grass court players in the world, said Murray, who is 6-2 in Wimbledon quarterfinals. If he plays well (and) Im not on my game, I can lose that match for sure.RAONIC VS. QUERREY: Querrey is playing the tournament of his life, reaching the quarterfinals of a major for the first time while beating top-ranked Djokovic along the way.I think he (Querrey) must be doing great things, said Raonic, who recovered from two sets down to reach the quarterfinals. Im sure he sent a message to other players, as well, that hes ready to play.Querrey beat Raonic at Wimbledon in 2012, when the Canadian was just 21. In 2014, Raonic advanced to the semifinals, where he lost to Federer.BERDYCH VS. POUILLE: Berdych is the only player left in the mens draw that wont have a rest day before the quarterfinals.The 10th-seeded Czech was forced to finish his fourth-round match against Jiri Vesely on Tuesday because play was suspended by darkness the night before.With the recovery, I think it was actually a good day to play a set. Its like a day of practice, Berdych said. Im quite used to it actually. Im doing it day by day, so thats fine.Pouille, a 22-year-old Frenchman, is playing in the second week of a major tournament for the first time. He had been 0-4 on grass heading into Wimbledon, but hes now 4-4.Before the tournament, Pouille said, (my goal) was to win one match on grass. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz