Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 103 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

28.08.2019 09:15
Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. T Antworten

Welterweight world titleholder Danny Garcia has faced less-than-threatening competition for the most part of the past three years -- Rod Salka, lest anyone forget -- and has taken heavy criticism for it.And once again, he will take on a no-hoper when he faces Samuel Vargas in a 10-round nontitle bout in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions card on Saturday night (Spike, 9 ET) at Temple Universitys Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Garcias hometown.But as poor of a matchup as the Vargas fight is, at least there is something to look forward to should Garcia do the expected and wipe him out.A Garcia victory will set up an already-announced world title unification showdown with Keith Thurman on March 4 -- site to be determined -- which is one of the best fights that can be made in boxing. Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs), the former unified junior welterweight world champion, said he is trying not to get too far ahead of himself, however.I know people are excited about the Thurman fight. I understand that and Im going to be pumped up for that one, too, Garcia, 28, said this week at the final news conference ahead of the Vargas bout. But Im not looking past anybody. Im fully focused on putting on a show at home and doing what I have to do to beat Vargas.Theres not too much to say but Im really excited to fight. I hope all the fans come out and see what theyve been missing in Philly. Im going for the knockout.A knockout wont come as a surprise. Although Vargas has won five fights in a row against low-level opposition, he was punished in a fourth-round knockout loss to Errol Spence Jr. in 2015 in the only fight in which he has faced a world-class opponent.But Vargas (25-2-1, 13 KOs), 27, who is from Colombia and fights out of Toronto, is aiming for a colossal upset.Danny is a champion for a reason. He does everything well. We just have to find a way to win, Vargas said. My trainer, Billy Briscoe, has done an amazing job of working with me and keeping me motivated. Its been a really good camp. Im looking for the upset that night. Everyone wants to see Danny fight Keith Thurman, but Im looking to make myself known. I feel confident.There are also two other 10-round fights scheduled for the telecast: up-and-coming junior middleweight Jarrett Hurd (18-0, 12 KOs), 26, of Accokeek, Maryland, against Montreals Jo Jo Dan (35-3, 18 KOs), a 35-year-old southpaw originally from Romania, and former junior lightweight titlist Javier Fortuna (30-1-1, 22 KOs), 27, of the Dominican Republic, against Omar Douglas (17-0, 12 KOs), 25, of Wilmington, Delaware.Whatever happens in the main event, there will be an interested party at ringside. Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs), 27, of Clearwater, Florida, will be in the house working as a commentator on the Spike broadcast as PBC tries to hype up the March fight.He will just get an up close and personal look at what will happen to him in March, said Garcia, who is boxing in his hometown for the first time since 2010 and for only the fourth time in his nine-year career. I hope hes paying attention. I am just going in the ring and be myself. Seek and destroy. I am taking this one round at a time. Im looking to be smart and break him down. When the opportunity comes, Im taking it and putting on a show.I am not looking past this fight. I have tunnel vision and have never looked past anyone. I know he is coming to win, but I am ready mentally and physically to get the job done.Perhaps he was being a bit dramatic, but Angel Garcia, Dannys outspoken father and trainer, seemed to indicate the level of mismatch in Saturdays fight.I just pray every day that he doesnt kill anybody in the ring, Angel Garcia said of his son. These arent the Looney Tunes. This is real right now. Vargas is in with the champ of the world. Thurman may be on the outside looking in on Saturday, but hes going to see what he has in store for him in March.Thurman told ESPN he will be paying close attention to Garcias performance and that he is looking forward to the fight he has wanted.This is everything Ive been asking for, Thurman said. This is what Ive been asking Al Haymon [Thurman and Garcias manager] for. I was really adamant about becoming a champion, but I want to acquire more than one belt. My true passion is to become the undisputed welterweight champion of the world. I love the history of the welterweight division and Im trying to be a part of that history.I got to admit [Saturdays fight] is interesting. I will have one of the best seats in the house. I will be doing a job but I will be paying attention to the details.Before he knew he would be fighting Garcia, Thurman was a commentator when Garcia outpointed Robert Guerrero in January to win a vacant welterweight world title. He hoped they would eventually fight.Watching him acquire that title and facing a prior opponent of mine, he was on my radar back then, said Thurman, who battered Guerrero in a decision win in March 2015. Now its all coming full circle and its right around the corner, March 4. Danny Garcia asked for this fight against me, but he asked for a tune-up fight first.Thurman said he will be paying attention to see how Garcia attacks Vargas.Are they going to go in for a knockout to demonstrate his power at 147 and just try to amp themselves up or are they going to take their time, maybe add something new to his fighting style or practice something, Thurman said.Thurman, who outpointed Shawn Porter in a fight of the year candidate in June, said he wanted to face Garcia at the end of this year, but because Garcia had not fought since January, his team wanted a tune-up first.I understand why his team is taking this tune-up, but what are they trying to accomplish, Thurman said. [Work on] new techniques? Prepare a game plan to mimic what they want to bring forth when they fight me? Hes supposed to beat this guy and from there hes going to be like me -- mentally focused on 2017 for the biggest fight of his career and the biggest fight of my career.There is going to be lot to talk about. I know he and his team are geared up for it. Saturday night is in preparation for 2017.But what if the unimaginable should happen and Garcia loses?Things can happen in the ring. Theres always a risk, Thurman said. I just dont like to worry about outcomes that havent manifested yet. I will be there as a spectator wishing for Danny to win and look good. I want him to look as good as he can. I want the world to be excited about it. With a mediocre performance it could kill some of the buzz. But you will be looking at two undefeated world champions in their prime going toe to toe on March 4. Nike Air More Uptempo 720 Baratas . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. Comprar Air Force 1 Baratas . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). http://www.airforceonebaratas.com/zapatillas-nike-react.html . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. Nike m2k Tekno Mujer . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Nike Air Force 1 Baratas España . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. NEW YORK -- Times up for the old NBA shot clock.The league will debut a new timing system and shot clock this week in Las Vegas during the NBA Summer League, which will then be integrated into all 29 arenas for the 2016-17 season.The league says Thursday the new clock will feature the game clocks, 24-second and timeout, the first time they have all been in one piece of hardware.Developed by Swiss watchmaker Tissot, the leagues official timekeeper, the timing system will allow for clearrer footage to assist referees and the Replay Center, and provides a benefit to some fans.dddddddddddd The clocks LED glass is nearly transparent when in use, giving fans behind the baskets a view to the court that was previously obstructed.The NBA introduced the shot clock for the 1954-55 season and it has been positioned on top of the backboard since 1977. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz