Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

21.09.2019 09:36
landing a spot in Brazil. Ba Antworten

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry grew up competing against Cam Newton in the Atlanta area.On Sunday, Berry got the best of his better-known high school rival, intercepting the reigning league MVP and returning it 42 yards for a touchdown to help the Chiefs to a 20-17 come-from-behind win over Carolina Panthers.We always had battles back in the day from 7-on-7 camps to everything, Berry said. Its good to come out on top.The Chiefs defense has been coming out on top all season.They entered the game leading the league in takeaways with 20 and added two more on Sunday -- both of those coming at key moments in the fourth quarter while the offense was struggling.You need a little spark there and we got it, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said.Berrys fourth career interception return for a touchdown gave the Chiefs the spark they needed, cutting the lead to 17-14, and Marcus Peters stripped Kelvin Benjamin to set up Cairo Santos winning 37-yard field goal as time expired.It sounds as if Peters must have been listening to defensive coordinator Bob Sutton in practice.Hes a manic on that, about stripping the ball, Reid said. If you look at it close, (Benjamin) kind of juggled it just a bit and Marcus felt it and went for the rip.Here are a couple more things to know about the Chiefs and Panthers:CHIEFS PENALTIES A CONCERNFor the second consecutive week, penalty flags provided some anxious moments for Reid. Last week, it was tight end Travis Kelce, ejected after two unsportsmanlike penalties against Jacksonville. Against Carolina, Reid waited out the officials after Peters punted the ball in celebration following his game-changing strip and fumble recovery.He does a lot of great things. Hes a gifted guy, Reid said. But hes not a punter. Im going to go block the next one.The penalty went for 5 yards for delay of game -- not 15, for unsportsmanlike conduct. Cairo Santos kicked the game-winning field goal three plays later, from 37 yards.Youre talking about two emotional guys, Reid said of Kelce and Peters. I love them, but theyre giving me gray hair. Im too old for this.NEWTON BACK ON THE RUNThe struggling NFC champion Panthers unleashed Newton on Sunday, giving him his most extensive action as a runner since his concussion on Oct. 2. Newton carried 12 times for 54 yards, including a 4-yard touchdown against a defense that hadnt allowed a rushing touchdown since Week 4.Newtons first carry went for 28 yards. Kansas City limited him to 26 more on 11 carries after that. Carolina finished with 99 yards rushing total.Coach kept calling my number, Newton said. We just have to find ways to run the football more, when we have to and when we want to.SMITHS NEW SLANT ON SLIDINGChiefs quarterback Alex Smith missed last weeks game against Jacksonville after a couple of hits two weeks earlier against Indianapolis. The team says Smith wasnt concussed, but he said coming into Sundays game against Carolina that he would either slide earlier -- or not at all.(Sliding) is still a tool, said Smith, who rushed four times for 13 yards against Carolina. In traffic, you want to remain a football player. Ive been playing a long time. Remain a football player, (keep) your eyes up. Its a better way to get out of those situations. Even if you get the 15-yarder (penalty), youre still defenseless to get teed-off on.PANTHERS PUNTERCarolina could be in the market for a short-term punter after Andy Lee injured his hamstring in the first quarter. The Panthers host New Orleans on Thursday, so they might need to make a move soon.Kicker Graham Gano punted four times Sunday for a 45.0-yard average. His longest went for 54 yards, although two sailed too long and went for touchbacks.Coach (Ron) Rivera is always talking about `next man up, so I just tried to step in, catch the ball and get it off, Gano said.HOT STREAKThe Chiefs five consecutive victories are part of a 17-2 record in their past 19 games. Thats the best record in the NFL during that stretch.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Nike Air Force 1 Salg . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Nike Air Force 1 Norge Prisjakt . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. http://www.airforce1norge.com/air-force-1-herre-norge.html . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. Nike Blazer Norge . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Air Force 1 Dame Norge . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Carlos Balderas qualified for the Olympics nearly nine months ago, and he has been waiting anxiously for his next fight ever since.The American lightweight only has to wait a few more hours after the opening ceremonies in Rio. Balderas fights in the opening session of the grueling, 16-day Olympic boxing tournament on Saturday morning.Its everything Ive been thinking about since November, Balderas said. The only thing thats been in my mind is bringing back a medal.His friend and roommate, light flyweight Nico Hernandez, also fights on a big first day for the eight-person U.S. team. After the American men failed to win any Olympic medals for the first time in London, the new U.S. fighters believe their teamwork can help them exceed relatively low outside expectations in Brazil.Were definitely close, because were all young, Hernandez said. Im the oldest one on the team, and Im 20. Weve all been on the same team since juniors, so weve been traveling together for a couple of years now. Were really close, like family. I think that helps us a lot. We all support each other.Balderas and Hernandez are key parts of the tight-knit core on a U.S. team that has bonded through years of shared competition. All six American men were born less than two years apart.The vibe is really, really cool, Balderas said. Because me, Nico, Tony (Vargas), Shakur (Stevenson), weve pretty much been together since the youth team. We were always around each other. Its not like somebody came out of nowhere and just took a spot. Everybody was always very cool with each other.The U.S. men could use all the good vibes they can get.They havent won a gold medal since Andre Ward triumphed in Athens in 2004. They claimed just one bronze medal in Beijing -- and none at all in London, an embarrassment for the most successful boxing nation in Olympic history.USA Boxing hired veteran Irish coach Billy Walsh last year, but his plans are necessarily focused on Tokyo in 2020. He hopes the current teams talent will be enough to counteract their opponents years of centralized training.Its a massive challenge, Walsh said. There definitely is a skill level that we need to change. Its a Tokyo project.ddddddddddddalderas and Hernandez could have turned pro before Rio, but instead participated in the professional ventures of the International Boxing Association (AIBA) to improve their chances of landing a spot in Brazil. Balderas qualified early for the Olympics through his victories in AIBAs World Series of Boxing.They both realize the importance of starting a pro career with an Olympic pedigree. They also wanted extra experience with the particularities of Olympic-style boxing, which can be difficult for American-trained prospects.Neither fighter hails from a particular boxing hotbed, either: Hernandez is from Wichita, Kansas, while Balderas came up from Santa Maria, California.Its definitely not a big sport in Wichita, Hernandez said. It means a lot to me to get here, because not a lot of people that came from there have really made anything of themselves. I want to be the one to inspire other people. I like to say that Im one of the ones that made it from there, because theres not a lot of recognition like there is in California or something.Balderas is a first-generation Mexican-American whose grandfather moved his family north to work the fertile fields of central California.I know regardless of what happens at the Olympics, my family is always going to be behind me, Balderas said. I do feel some pressure, because I feel like I cant let them down, you know? I know that everybody has made sacrifices for me, so I feel like its only right for me to do the same for them.Balderas and Hernandez both train with their fathers and other relatives. Hernandezs parents are leaving the U.S. for the first time to watch their son, while Balderas traveling party is slightly larger -- including uncles, aunts and cousins who were able to book the trip several months in advance because of his early qualification.It kind of makes me feel nervous in a way, but also it makes me just feel happy, Balderas said. I want to prove to them that I can do something big, because we went from the strawberry fields to the Olympic Games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz