Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

07.10.2019 07:47
me, how he is feeling and ask Josh how he is Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Joseph Schooling was working on a school essay one morning in 2008 when Michael Phelps showed up to train at his club in Singapore ahead of the Beijing Olympics.While other kids rushed at Phelps wanting photos, Schooling was frozen. He couldnt believe his swimming idol was in front of him. Eventually, the 13-year-old mustered the courage to get a picture, too.I couldnt really smile, Schooling said. I just opened my mouth.Their long-ago chance meeting made the rounds of social media Friday night after Schooling upset Phelps in the 100-meter butterfly to win his island nations first Olympic gold, with the American losing the last individual race of his career. Phelps finished in a three-way tie for silver with longtime rivals Chad le Clos of South Africa and Lazslo Cseh of Hungary.A lot of this is because of Michael, Schooling said. Hes the reason why I want to be a better swimmer.The youthful looking Schooling might be unknown to the rest of the world, but in swimming circles he has solid credentials. He earned bronze in the 100 fly at last years world championships in Russia, and he owns a slew of medals from the Asian, Commonwealth and Southeast Asian Games.The 21-year-old Schooling competes for the University of Texas, where hell be a junior this fall. He swept the 100 and 200 butterfly at this years NCAA championships and swam on all three winning relays for the Longhorns. He has the schools mascot and the words `Come and take it tattooed on his left shoulder blade.Did he ever.Schooling created a stir in the preliminaries, beating Phelps by 0.19 seconds in their shared heat. They swam in different semifinal heats, with Schooling winning his and Phelps getting beat by Cseh in the other.Schooling was just getting warmed up.He won gold in an Olympic-record 50.39 seconds, leaving Phelps, Le Clos and Cseh in his wake. The winning margin of 0.75 seconds was the largest since American Mark Spitz won gold at the 1972 Munich Games and the time was faster than Phelps winning time four years ago in London.I dont think Im anywhere close to these three guys next to me, Schooling said. A real roller coaster ride and a real fun one, too.Phelps steered Schooling in the proper direction during the medalists parade around the deck, the veteran of dozens of such walks showing the newest champion the way.I was like, `Dude, this is crazy, Schooling told Phelps. He looked at me, he smiled and its just, `I know.At the medalists news conference, Phelps urged reporters to ask Schooling some questions.Im proud of Joe, Phelps said. Ive been able to watch him grow and turn into the swimmer that he is.By winning his countrys first Olympic gold, Schooling earned a bonus of $1 million Singapore dollars or nearly $750,000 US. Hell have to give back $150,000 US to the National Sports Association for future training and development.I hope this paves a new road for sports in Singapore, Schooling said. I hope it shows that people from the smallest countries in the world can do extraordinary things. Hopefully, it changes all of sporting culture in Singapore.Schoolings grand-uncle Lloyd Valberg was Singapores first Olympian at the 1948 London Games. Hearing about him as a child, Schooling told his father he wanted to compete in the Olympics.This race means more to my family and my friends and those people who supported me. I did this for them, Schooling said. When you race for people bigger than yourself, I think it means a lot to accomplish what you wanted to.---AP Sports Writer James Ellingworth contributed to this report. Cheap Vapormax Plus . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. Cheap Vapormax Ireland . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. http://www.outletvapormaxireland.com/vapormax-plus-wholesale-china/vapormax-plus-womens-ireland.html . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Vapormax Wholesale .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Cheap Vapormax Flyknit Ireland . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. ASHBURN, Va. -- Josh Doctson is inching his way back from an Achilles tendon injury, though the Washington Redskins still dont know when the wide receiver will be ready to practice with the team, let alone play in a game.Doctsons sore left Achilles tendon was a day-to-day problem when it first occurred in May and was still considered that at the start of training camp in late July. Now its an injury without a timeframe for return, even as Doctson ramps up the work hes doing off to the side during practices.Hes progressing nicely, coach Jay Gruden said Wednesday. Its exciting to see him with a sweat going. He did a little more work and we are just going to take it gradually day by day and were not going to rush it. Were going to try to do more and more as weeks go by.Doctson is definitely out for the Redskins second preseason game Friday against the New York Jets, and itd be difficult to imagine him being ready to face the Buffalo Bills a week later. There are still more than three weeks left until Washington opens the regular season Sept. 12 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.But Gruden hasnt ruled out the first-round pick being available for the opener. Theres just no guarantee at this point whether Doctson will be ready.I dont have any expectations for him whatsoever, Gruden said when asked about Week 1. Im just trying to adhere and listen to what the trainers are telling me, how he is feeling and ask Josh how he is feeling and I dont know. Well just have to wait and see. Hes going to progress slowly. Well take our time with him and when he feels right and the time is right, then we will push him hard and then let him practice.Doctsons injury is the one real hiccup at Redskkins camp, which has been refreshingly boring for an organization accustomed to chaos.dddddddddddd Starting quarterback Kirk Cousins, not the attention magnet that Robert Griffin III is, said Monday he wants the Redskins to be like the San Antonio Spurs -- super boring and at the end of the season have people say, Wow, they really had a good year and no one really talked about it.Receiver DeSean Jackson is ready to embrace that.If youre familiar with San Antonio, they win a lot of games and championships, Jackson said. However he wants to compare, hopefully we can go out there and back it up and do the plan on the field.Doctson was part of the plan after the Redskins picked him 22nd overall out of TCU. His Achilles injury has thrown things off so far.Jackson dealt with a lingering hamstring injury last season and said he has told Doctson to take his time and not rush back.Just telling him to be smart with it, Jackson said. Hes doing everything he needs to do, everything theyre asking and things like that, so he should be fine.Doctson is missing valuable practice and game reps, but he does the Redskins no good if the Achilles tendon injury lingers on even longer. Gruden said even though he hasnt seen an injury like this in a receiver before, the only path to health involves patience.Its just going to take rest, but once its gone I think itll be gone, Gruden said. And thats our hope that it doesnt come back, so we want to make sure that we get it cured now.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz