Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

15.10.2019 09:39
ing his weary legs while grumbling about the Antworten

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Dallas quarterback Dak Prescotts NFL career is off to a great start. Veteran Aaron Rodgers is looking for more consistency in Green Bay.Its a surprise that the Cowboys young signal-caller has been more accurate than the two-time NFL MVP more than a month into the season. Theyll meet for the first time on Sunday when Dallas (4-1) visits Lambeau Field to face the Packers (3-1).Prescott, fourth in the league in completion percentage at 69 percent, has yet to throw an interception. Rodgers is 31st in the NFL at 56 percent, with three picks.He looks like hes played in the offense for quite some time, Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy said about Prescott. Hes done a really good job particularly ... as far as his decisions with where he goes with the football.Quite impressive for a rookie who took over after veteran Tony Romo went down with a back injury in the preseason. Prescott has attempted 155 passes without an interception, second most by a quarterback to start his NFL career behind New Englands Tom Brady (162.) Prescott is off to the best interception-free start for a rookie.Ive got high expectations for myself. I only want to get better, Prescott said.It sure helps to be able to hand the ball off to the leagues leading rusher in rookie Ezekiel Elliott (109.2 yards per game).Rodgers completion percentage may be uncharacteristically low, though its not like the Packers offense is stuck in neutral. Rodgers has thrown nine touchdown passes, five to Jordy Nelson. Green Bay amassed a season-high 406 yards in total offense in last weeks 23-16 victory over the New York Giants, when Rodgers showed vintage touch with a sideline pass to Davante Adams for a 29-yard score.But given the high standards set by McCarthys offenses in recent years, Green Bays choppy start does stand out.Penalties maligned a couple other big plays last week. Timing seems to be just a touch off at times, and there have been uncharacteristic drops by receivers.Im not worried about that at all. Those things happen, Rodgers said. I missed some passes. Those guys shouldnt be worried about me, either. Were going to get better. Were not going to have inconsistent performances like that.Other notes and things to watch Sunday:WHAT WILL DEZ DO?: Star receiver Dez Bryant returned to practice this week but wasnt sure he would be available against the Packers after missing two games with a hairline fracture in his right knee. He came back after getting hurt against Chicago and scored a touchdown, but its been a cautious approach since the injury was revealed. Im OK with it because we are sitting at 4-1, said Bryant. Its no need to rush things.STOP SIGN: The Packers top-rated run defense (42.8 yards per game) faces its biggest test yet in Elliott and Prescott. Its the first time this season Green Bay will face a mobile quarterback. The Cowboys offensive line has played well, but the Packers might have their best defensive front in years. The line could be reinforced if key backup Mike Pennel returns to the active roster after being suspended for the first four games by the NFL for violating the leagues substance abuse policy.Bullish lineman Mike Daniels leads the push in the middle, while Clay Matthews and Nick Perry spark a deep group of outside linebackers who have extended the wall against the run to the edges.ROMO VS. PRESCOTT: Its looking more like Romo wont be ready Oct. 30 against Philadelphia after the Cowboys bye. If Prescott wins again, the chorus will grow louder for him to keep the job once Dallas 10-year starter is ready to play again.Prescott, Elliott and Bryant shrugged off such talk this week. Thats my job, is to win, Prescott said. Im going to focus on that. If you want to make it bigger, thats up to you guys.EDDIE, EDDIE: Packers running back Eddie Lacy bowled over the Giants last week for 81 yards on 11 carries before leaving with a left ankle injury. He was limited at midweek in practice, though it appears Lacy has a good shot to play Sunday. Lacys hard-charging style won over the Lambeau Field faithful last week, when they chanted Ed-die! Ed-die after the big back lowered his shoulder to power past defenders.FAVRE RETURNS: The Packers plan to honor former quarterback Brett Favre again at halftime, when they will unveil his name along the southeast facade inside Lambeau alongside other Packers enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Favre, who was inducted in August, will also be presented with his Hall of Fame ring.---AP Sports Writer Schuyler Dixon in Dallas contributed to this story.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Genaro Armas at: https://twitter.com/GArmasAP Cheap Royals Jerseys . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Wholesale Royals Jerseys . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. https://www.cheaproyals.com/ . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. Kansas City Royals Gear . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. Custom Kansas City Royals Jerseys . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. CROMWELL, Conn. -- Jerry Kelly is not a hockey player who is playing golf today.He wants us to understand this. Finally.Hes a golfer. Always has been. All the way back to when he played in college more than a quarter century ago.So everyone can just stop with the Happy Gilmore references.Heres the story, as told by Kelly after a second-round even-par 70 at the Travelers Championship, which kept him near the top of the leaderboard not far from where he once played in school.I came here to play golf; I cant tell everybody that enough, said Kelly, who attended the University of Hartford nearby. I did not get any kind of hockey scholarship; I did not come here to play hockey. I came here to play golf, but I was hoping to play hockey, as well, if they took it to Division I.It never happened.The school decided that taking its club program to the next level was too costly and instead dropped it altogether.That hasnt stopped long-standing perpetuation of the myth that Kelly was a real-life Happy, trading in his skates for spikes and using a slap shot swing to vault his way onto the PGA Tour.The truth is, Kelly was an all-city hockey player during his high school years in Madison, Wisconsin, and had a few scholarship offers, but he was a better golfer, and thats where hed focused his energies going into college.Smart idea.He is 49 years old now, playing his 21st full season as a PGA Tour member before he turns 50 and gains senior status in three months.Hes also showing he can still hang with the flatbellies out here, many of whom are half his age. After a roller-coaster round Friday that included five birdies and five bogeys, Kelly slowly walked up the hill from the 18th green to the scoring area, then spent a few minutes stretching his weary legs while grumbling about the ravages of old age, at least in golfer years.Many of those youngsters would happily trade places with Kelly entering this weekend, as he seeks his fourth career PGA Tour victory. And dont underestimate the impact of how turning the big five-oh soon has rejuvenated him.ddddddddddddThe closer he gets to the Champions Tour, hes embracing that, explained his longtime caddie, Eric Meller. I almost think the energy is permeating into this tour. Hes getting excited for it. Obviously, hes still got plenty of game at this level.But I think he feels its more sporadic. There are certain tournaments were more excited for -- this one, next week [at the John Deere Classic] and Greensboro [for the Wyndham Championship]. All three we know we can win.It might even be a good sign that, after an opening-round 64, Kelly wasnt pleased with his second-round performance but still finds himself in contention.I hit the ball very bad, he said matter-of-factly. I didnt hit it very well at all.Thats him. Everything he says is said matter-of-factly, extending to the mutterings and groans to himself after bogeys on three of his last four holes to close out the round.So it shouldnt be surprising that, when asked what he needs to do to win this weekend, he was similarly blunt.I have to shoot lower than everybody else, he deadpanned. I mean, literally, there is no strategy. Expecting rain [Saturday]. You dont know what youre going to get. Expecting wind and cooler weather on Sunday. Dont know what youre going to get. You game plan for something today, not going to show up tomorrow. Youve just got to beat everybody. Thats all there is to it.Maybe its part of Kellys hockey background that allows him to answer such questions with in-your-face responses.Just dont call him a hockey player. After all these years, he wants everyone to realize hes a golfer -- and hes been a golfer this entire time.Its unbelievable, he said of the myth about his college plans. Ive told the correct story from day one, and the media just keeps on jumping on the other one.Not anymore.Kelly is a golfer who is playing golf today. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz