Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

07.11.2019 06:55
theres always things that happen. You have to manage that well and you have to Antworten

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- In just three weeks, Wisconsin might go from being the toast of the Big Ten West to, well, toast in the Big Ten West.The 10th-ranked Badgers (4-2, 1-2) earned the nations respect after close losses to Michigan and Ohio State, dropping just two spots in this weeks poll. And yet a loss on Saturday at unranked Iowa (5-2, 3-1) would put the Badgers three back of the Hawkeyes in the win column with just five games left.Theres also No. 8 Nebraska (6-0, 3-0), which hosts a Purdue team that just fired its coach on Saturday before it visits Wisconsin next week.The Badgers might prove to be the best overall team in the West. They might also be out of the division title chase before Halloween.For us to be the best, we have to keep improving each week. Thats the (halfway) report, Wisconsin coach Paul Chryst said.Iowa was supposed to be the team that everyone one in the West was looking up at by now.Instead, the Hawkeyes are eager to prove theyre a real division contender again.Iowa rallied from two losses in three games with a tight win at Minnesota on Oct. 8. Last week, they sealed Boilermakers coach Darrell Hazells demise with a 49-35 win that included three late and largely meaningless Purdue touchdowns.Here are the factors that could decide things on Saturday when Iowa and Wisconsin renew acquaintances in Iowa City:SCOUTING THE HAWKEYESPurdues late rally obscured the fact that the Hawkeyes have been much better defensively in recent weeks. On offense, Iowa has a pair of dangerous backs on pace for 1,000-yard seasons in LeShun Daniels Jr. and Akrum Wadley. Quarterback C.J. Beathard hasnt put up great numbers, largely because the Hawkeyes receivers have lacked the ability to separate from defensive backs. Still, Beathard is completing 60 percent of his passes and has 11 TDs against just four picks.DEFENSE MATTERSWisconsins defense has been spectacular all season. The Badgers are ninth nationally in points allowed per game at 15.2, despite the fact that theyve already faced LSU and the Wolverines and Buckeyes. Iowa is 21st in the country with just 19.2 points allowed per game and has let up seven points or less three times this season. In games like this typically, little things are really going to matter -- and theyre good at little things. So if were going to want to be in this ballgame, were going to have to do that a little bit better, too, and really be detailed because its going to be tough, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said.CICHYS THE MANWisconsin junior linebacker was named the Big Tens defensive player of the week on Monday after making 15 tackles, including 3.5 for a loss, and forcing a fumble against the Buckeyes. He and fellow linebacker T.J. Watt might prove to be a handful for an offensive line that could be without starters Cole Croston and Boone Myers.HOME WOESThe visiting team has won the last five meetings in this series dating back to 2009. Iowa last hosted Wisconsin in 2014, when it also had control of its own destiny in the Big Ten West. But Melvin Gordon had 200 yards and a pair of touchdowns as the Badgers rallied for a 26-24 win.HE SAID ITI dont want to be Dr. Doom here. I think hes got a chance, Ferentz on tight end George Kittle, who is questionable for Saturdays game with a foot injury.---Online: www.collegefootball.ap.org Clearance MLB Jerseys . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. https://www.mlbjerseyschina.us/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Wholesale Baseball Jerseys . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Discount MLB Jerseys . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Jay Haas got the opening he needed Sunday to become the second-oldest winner in PGA Tour Champions history.Haas -- at 62 years, 10 months, 7 days -- took advantage of Bart Bryants closing bogey to get into a playoff and win the Toshiba Classic with a birdie on the first extra hole.Its been a while since Ive been in that position to win, and to pull it off today was awfully special, Haas said.Haas trails only Mike Fetchick, the 1985 Hilton Head Seniors Invitational winner at 63 years to the day, on the age list.Just to win, to know that I can do it again at 62, is pretty amazing, said Haas, also the 2007 winner at Newport Beach Country Club.After opening with bogey-free rounds of 64 and 63 to take a five-stroke lead into the day, Haas found himself a stroke behind Bryant -- two groups ahead playing the reachable 18th -- and facing a 7-foot par putt on the par-3 17th.Im thinking Im either going to be two or three behind, Haas said. When I made that one and then looked up and saw that we were tied, it really gave me a boost.Haas parred the 18th -- missing a 15-footer -- for a 1-under 70 to match Bryant (64) at 16-under 197.Im disappointed right now, Bryant said. To bogey the 18th hole, a reachable par 5, is extremely disappointing. Then to not make a very good run in the playoff is just fairly inexcusable to hit the two shots that I hit.Haas won his 18th title on the 50-and-over tour and first since 2014. He won nine times on the PGA Tour and captained the United States winning Presidents Cup team last year in South Korea.The victory was his first with wife Jan as his caddie.Maybe shell retire on top now, Haas joked.On 18 in regulation, the 53-year-old Bryant hit into the left greenside bunker in two and then struck something under the ball in the sand that sent the ball right and long. He three-putted from about 40 feet, missing a 6-footer to the left.When it was going down in the sand, it just didnt go down, it just stopped, Bryant said about the clubhead on the bunker shot. It didnt get underneath the ball, so I kind of caught a little bbit the edge of the club where normally you catch that shot in the middle or high on the club.ddddddddddddHaving said that, theres always rub of the green, theres always things that happen. You have to manage that well and you have to go forward, and I didnt recover and thats why I lost the golf tournament.In the playoff, Bryant drove so far left that he was closer to the 10th fairway, then hit over the trees and into a grandstand to the right of the green. Haas hit the fairway, and his second settled on top of light rough, also right of the green. Bryants chip raced across the green and off, and Haas hit his inside a foot to set up the winning birdie.I felt like I needed to make a 4, that he was going to up-and-down from there, or even might chip it in, Haas said. I felt like I needed to make a birdie. I couldnt play conservatively at that point and probably hit the best chip Ive ever hit really under the circumstances.Playing two groups ahead of Haas, Bryant pulled even with a 20-foot birdie putt on the par-4 16th and took the lead with a downhill, breaking 20-footer on 17. Bryant birdied six of the first 12 holes, hitting inside 5 feet on the last three on Nos. 9, 11 and 12.Haas hit left into the water on the short par-3 fourth en route to a double-bogey. He hit a 6-iron to a foot to set up a birdie on No. 8, made a 5-foot birdie putt on 12 and closed with six pars.Larry Mize (65) and Billy Andrade (66) tied for third at 14 under.John Daly, playing alongside Bryant, had an eventful even-par 71 to tie for 19th at 9 under. His scorecard nearly as colorful as his pants, Daly didnt make a par until the eighth hole. He drove the 319-yard first to set up a 10-foot eagle putt, made a 40-footer for birdie on No. 2 and two-putted for birdie on the par-5 third. He made double-bogeys on the next two holes, also hitting into the water on No. 4, then birdied No. 6 and bogeyed No. 7. After a string of pars, he closed birdie-bogey-bogey-birdie. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz