Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
yaya2017 Offline

09.04.2020 05:32
before practice.”Over the course of his ca Antworten

Although he donned plenty of protective equipment behind the plate, Posada refused to ever wear batting gloves. Instead, he resorted to a disgusting technique to toughen his hands.In the 24th round of the 19Nike Air Max TN Mujer 99 MLB draft, the New York Nike Air Max 90 Femme Yankees selected an infielder www.ragamuffins.fr by the name of Jorge Posada. While Nike Air Max 95 Womens the organization saw potential in the prospect, Nike Internationalist Womens they were skeptical of his footspeed; in an effort to mitigate that flaw, they moved him behind the plate.As the New York Yankees grew into a dynasty, Posada was an ever-present in the lineup. While he might not have had the gravitas of the other members of the ‘Core Four,’ he proved to be a key offensive contributor. When he retired in 2012, Posada was one of five catchers in baseball history to rack up 1,500 hits, Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Negras 350 doubles, 275 homers, and 1,000 RBIs.

Posada was first called up to the big club in 1995 but didn’t properly join the Yankees until 1997, when he became the club’s back-up catcher. Playing behind Joe Girardi, however, he slowly improved; he slowly claimed the lion’s share of the playing time and, in 2000Nike Air Force 1 Dámské , finally took over the starting Nike Air Max 97 Womens job.Despite his prowess at the Adidas Superstar Dam plate, Jorge Posada refused to wear batting Nike Air Max 2017 Femme gloves. The catcher simply wasn’t comfortable with anything affecting his grip. “I just like the way it feels without them,’’ he once explained. “I tried ’em when I was younger. I never got used to them.’’While he wouldn’t wear gloves at the plate, Posada still wanted to keep his hands protected. You might not want to replicate his regimen at home, however. The Yankees catcher would use urine to toughen up his skin.

“I do it Nike Air Max Command Mujer during the winter and spring training to keep my hands hard,” Posada said in 2004. “You don’t want to shake my hand during spring training before practice.”Over the course of his career, though, Posada found a different way to take care of his hands. “My wife found out about it and made me stop,’’ he www.toninocavallo.fr admitted in 2011. “Now, when my Nike Air Force 1 Damhands get cracked, I use what the Nike Air Max 270 Mujer trainer gives me.’’While urine isn’t Adidas NMD Damgoing to be a skincare craze anytime soon, Jorge Posada wasn’t the only player to use that unconventional technique. There were actually a handful of men through Major League Baseball who followed the trend.According to Stan Grossfield of the Boston Globe, Red Sox legend Luis Tiant believed in the practice. “I used to pee on my hands, because when my father pitched in Cuba, he did that,’’ the pitcher explained. “He said it really toughened up his hands.’’ Vladimir Guerrero and Moises Alou also used urine in lieu of batting gloves.

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz