Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

27.02.2019 08:46
support hes received from the Patriotts, hi Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Jayson Werth knew this seasons NL Division Series defeat following a division title felt different from the same scenarios that played out for the Washington Nationals a couple of other times recently.How so?I dont know, the teams left fielder said, then repeated that phrase in a silent, somber clubhouse in the early hours of Friday after a 4-3 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 5. Words are not really coming to me to describe it. Its pretty heavy. Its going to take some time to digest.For the third time in five years, Werth and Washington won the NL East. And for the third time in five years, they failed to win a postseason series.Now comes an offseason with some familiar questions about when, or even if, the 37-year-old Werth and other members of the core group thats been around for these early exits can take the next step.A lot of people have played baseball a lot longer than me and never even made the playoffs. I cherish getting to the playoffs. Everyone wants to win the World Series. Everyone wants to, obviously, get to the next level and get in a deep postseason run. The truth of the matter is, its really hard to do. You have to obviously play well, get some lucky breaks and have a few things go your way, said first baseman Ryan Zimmerman, the Nationals very first amateur draft pick more than a decade ago. I think we should look at the positives and look what weve done in the last five years. Obviously, were all disappointed right now. But weve done a lot of good things.Dusty Baker was the latest manager to get Washington into the postseason but not to an NL Championship Series, pulling all the right strings during his first regular season with the team but seeing some moves not quite pan out against LA, especially in Game 5.That added to his decade-plus, four-club track record of failing to win games that would have concluded a series.In the aftermath of elimination, Baker was asked whether its inevitable that a team or a city goes through difficult moments before getting to a championship.You do have to go through some pain. Its not a very pleasant pain. Ive gone through that pain a few times now, Baker said. But you have to persevere. Thats the story of life. Its how you deal with the down times and how you deal with pain. And if you just keep persevering, then something will happen, something good will happen. You cant stop trying. You cant stop trying to reach your goal.Here is what else to know about the Nationals 2016 season and upcoming offseason:STRASBURGS ELBOW: For the second time in his major league career, Stephen Strasburg sat out a postseason because of his right elbow. In 2012, it was because the right-hander was shut down 13 months after Tommy John surgery. This season, it was because Strasburg hurt his arm . His $175 million, seven-year contract kicks in next season, so the Nationals -- and fans -- will hold their breath waiting to find out how badly hes injured. As became clear against the Dodgers, without Strasburg, there is nothing October-ready about the rotation beyond Max Scherzer -- and the Nationals lost both games the NL Cy Young Award favorite started in the NLDS.HARPERS HEALTH: Bryce Harper went from being the youngest unanimous MVP in baseball history in 2015 to a bit of a mystery in 2016. His numbers went way down to a .243 average, 24 homers, 86 RBI in the regular season, and he had only one RBI in the playoffs. The big question is whether he or the Nationals will ever explain exactly what his health status was -- because if he wasnt badly compromised by injury, then his lack of production at the plate becomes a lot more worrisome.BULLPEN PROBLEMS: Time to rebuild the relief corps again. Closer Mark Melancon and middleman Marc Rzepczynski can become free agents (as can catcher Wilson Ramos , who had right knee surgery Friday). Setup man Shawn Kelley left Game 5 with numbness in his throwing hand. While the bullpen was spotless through three games against the Dodgers, it blew leads in Games 4 and 5 losses, the same old October story for this team.TURNERS EMERGENCE: The best news for Washington might be the emergence of rookie Trea Turner, who batted .342 with 13 homers, 40 RBI and 33 steals despite only 307 at-bats and while learning to play center field. Ryan Braun Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Stephen Vogt Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.brewersteamshop.com/Brewers-Lorenzo-Cain-Kids-Jersey/ . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Josh Hader Jersey .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Robin Yount Jersey . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Addressing reporters for the first time since opting not to pursue further appeals of his four-game suspension in the Deflategate saga, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady called it a personal decision and said he is trying to move on.The four-time Super Bowl winner spoke to the media Friday at New Englands training camp. He is allowed to practice with the team and play in the Patriots preseason games but will miss the first four regular-season games.I tried to come out here and just focus on what I need to do to get better and help our team, he said. Ill be excited to be back when Im back, and Ill be cheering our team on, hoping they can go out and win every game.Brady was suspended for his role in the use of deflated footballs in the 2014 AFC championship win over Indianapolis. He initially won a court appeal, but that was overturned, and Brady chose not to continue the legal fight.The 39-year-old led the league with 36 touchdown passes last season. He must be away from the team beginning Sept. 3, the day of final cuts, and can return on Oct. 3, the day after the Patriots fourth game of the season, against AFC East rival Buffalo. The first game for which Brady will be eligible is Oct. 9 at Cleveland.The suspension will snap his streak of 126 consecutive games played -- 112 in the regular season and 14 playoff games.Asked if it was a difficult decision not to pursue legal avenues to dismiss the suspension imposed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Brady replied:I think its just personal and Ive tried to move on from it so I try to, like I said, focus on the positive and being out here with my teammates and getting better. I dont want to go out and do anything but try to be a great example for your teammates, and weve got a lot of competitive guys that are down here on the practice field, and I think thats where the focus needs to be.Brady cited the support hes received from the Patriotts, his family and fans throughout the process.dddddddddddd He would not say if he was angry at Goodell for the punishment.I have a job to do and I try to approach it the best way I can, Brady said. Ive always tried to do things the same way and every days important to me. Certainly, as someone whos been around here a long time, I know Ive got to bring it every day, and I think I just try to go out there and lead by example, try to bring it and show my teammates that Im ready to go mentally and physically every day.Brady would not say whether the suspension has changed the way hes preparing in training camp. He seemed especially vocal during the morning practice session, an intrasquad scrimmage.Honestly, Im just trying to be as good as I can be every day, he said. And I think that making improvements in certain areas, and weve tried to make them when they changed our offense. And weve got a lot of new players on the team and were just trying to incorporate them. So I feel like were building toward something. And weve got a lot of meaningful preseason games coming up that we have to see some improvements in, and weve got a lot of practices left. Its a long season, so its just going to be a lot of hard work and discipline and effort, and like I said, Im going to go out and do the best that I can do.Brady said he is trying not to think about what it will be like to be away from his team. He would not say how he plans to spend his time away from the Patriots.I try to just be as positive as I can be, he said. I think thats kind of always been my motto. I know over the course of my career Ive been faced with different things and tried to overcome them the best way I could or the best way I knew how and Ill try to do the same thing.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz