Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

19.04.2019 09:18
spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year caree Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Pirates closer Jason Grilli has no intention of sitting out the Pirates bid for their first post-season appearance in more than two decades. Grilli remains out indefinitely with a strained tendon in his right (throwing) arm, but said Monday "Im going to be ready before the seasons out, you can mark my word on that." The 36-year-old made the first All-Star team of his career earlier this month and has converted 30 of 31 save opportunities but experienced searing pain in his right forearm while trying to finish off a victory over the Washington Nationals last Monday. Grilli acknowledges hed been dealing with some discomfort in the arm for awhile and wasnt 100 perfect but doesnt see any benefit in wondering if he should have come out sooner. "Im not going to put myself in a position, could I have shut myself down earlier? Thats all in hindsight," he said. "I could have. But Im the type of guy that wants to get the ball every time. Thats the way Ive been my entire career." An MRI revealed no damage to his elbow, something Grilli called "the best possible scenario." Instead of surgery he will rest the arm for another week before being re-examined. Though there is no timetable for his return, the usual recovery period for a strained flexor is 1-2 months. Still, it hasnt exactly been fun for Grilli to play the cheerleader instead of the hammer at the back of one of the best bullpens in the majors. "Its hard to watch baseball going on without you," he said. "But Im here in this clubhouse and not on a surgery table." Mark Melancon, who made the All-Star team as a setup man, is filling in for Grilli and has converted both save chances since moving into the closers role as the Pirates try to chase down St. Louis in the NL Central race. The Cardinals have a 1.5-game lead heading into a five-game set in Pittsburgh that is the biggest series at PNC Park since it opened in 2001. Its a showdown Grilli has been pointing to for weeks. Hell spend it watching rather than playing as the Pirates try to take an important step toward escaping from the cloud of 20 consecutive losing seasons. Its a cloud hes done his best to part. Whenever his right arm tells him its ready to go, he believes there will still be important games to play. The Pirates and the Cardinals meet in St. Louis from Aug. 13-15 and again in Pittsburgh Aug. 30-Sept. 1. "My turn will come again," Grilli said. Nike Sb Shoes Discount . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Nike Sb Shoes Sale Online . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. http://www.cheapnikesb.net/ . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. Nike Sb Shoes Clearance . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Cheap Wholesale Nike Sb Shoes . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. THIBODAUX, La. -- Julius Maracalin ran for a career-high three touchdowns and Southeastern Louisiana survived a frantic finish to beat Nicholls 44-42 on Thursday night.Nicholls scored on a 5-yard pass from Chase Fourcade to Damion Jeanpiere with 1:18 left, added the two-point conversion, recovered an onside kick and scored again on Fourcades 2-yard run. That two-point try failed but Nicholls again recovered an onside kick and a penalty on Southeastern Louisiana on the play left the Colonels with the ball on the Lions 37 with two seconds remaining. Fourcade scrambled and threw it into the end zone where the Hail MMary pass was batted and fell incomplete.ddddddddddddThe victory in the regular-season finale for both teams ensured a third-place finish for the Lions (7-4, 7-2) and enhanced their hopes for a berth in the FCS playoffs for the third time in four seasons.The game seesawed with the Lions leading 14-0 after the first quarter, the Colonels up 21-14 at halftime and then the Lions scoring 13 points in the third to retake the lead before the teams combined for 38 points in the final quarter. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz