Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

09.08.2019 09:10
was in good company out there. Third plac Antworten

NEW ORLEANS -- Former New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas told a jury Wednesday that he thought a heated argument between retired Saints star Will Smith and an irate driver had cooled -- but then he heard gunshots and turned to see his friend being gunned down.After the shooting stopped I stood there in shock. Telling myself that didnt happen, Thomas said, his voice shaking. Telling myself he didnt just kill one of my friends, my former teammate.Thomas, who spent eight seasons with the Saints, said he walked up to the SUV to confirm his fear, and peered through the passenger window to see Smiths body slouched over the steering wheel.Nobody disputes that Smiths killer was Cardell Hayes, 29, a former semi-pro football player and owner of a tow-truck business. At dispute in the second-degree murder trial is whether Hayes legitimately feared for his life in a post-collision confrontation with Smith and others.He also wounded Smiths wife, Racquel, in the legs, before surrendering to police at the scene.Thomas testimony is the latest to bolster the prosecutions scenario of how the shooting unfolded: The Smiths were out for the evening with friends after a festival in the French Quarter, and were traveling in three different vehicles.At one point, Smiths Mercedes SUV stopped short behind an orange Hummer, perhaps lightly striking it, before steering around it and continuing downtown. Moments later, the Hummer, driven by Hayes, rammed into the rear of Smiths vehicle, and both men got out to confront each other.Prosecutors and their witnesses say Racquel had calmed her husband and the argument had subsided when Hayes fired, hitting her in the legs, followed by a bullet to Smiths side and seven more in his back.In opening statements and cross examinations, defense attorneys John Fuller and Jay Daniels have questioned the credibility of prosecution witnesses while insisting that Hayes fired because he feared that Smith was returning to his vehicle to fetch his own gun.The Hummers crash into Smiths SUV, they suggested, was an accident that happened as Hayes was trying to report Smiths license plate number on a 911 call.Fuller noted that Smith had been drinking at the festival, a bar and two restaurants earlier that night, but Thomas insisted that Smith showed no signs of being out of control, and resisted suggestions during cross examination that he was trying to burnish Smiths image.I want justice, he told Fuller at one point.Thomas had been in a car that was ahead of the accident scene.Another Smith family friend, Rebecca Dooley testified Wednesday that Hayes shouted taunts at the slain mans body, sounding evil and showing no remorse.Dooley and her husband were riding with Smith and his wife when the Hummer slammed into them.They just both seemed angry: Will saying `You hit my car, `Mr. Hayes saying, `You hit me first, then back and forth, back and forth, Dooley testified.Dooley said her husband and Hayes passenger also had words, and that the passenger took a swing at her husband. But she said no physical contact was made among any of those arguing, and she too thought tempers had calmed.Then, she said: I see Mr. Hayes walking toward Will with a gun pointed at him. I hear shots fired. I see Wills body jolt.Look at you now. You were showing off, Dooley quoted Hayes as saying over Smiths slumped body.It just sounded like there was no remorse -- evil kind of sounding, Dooley testified.Then, she said, I heard Mr. Hayes say, `Wheres that white boy at?At that point I though he was looking for my husband, she said, but no other shots were fired.Contradicting a developing defense narrative, Dooley and Thomas said they never heard Smith threaten to fetch a gun before he was shot.Dooleys husband, Richard Hernandez, also took the stand Wednesday, and the defense pointed to inconsistencies in his testimony as well as a discrepancy between his account and what his wife apparently told police.Fuller noted that Hernandez testified at one point that the drivers were calm after the accident but also said he pulled his shirt off, expecting a fight. Fuller also said that Dooley had told police that a passenger in Hayes Hummer, Kevin ONeal, tried to calm the situation down.But Hernandez, who had argued with ONeal at the scene, characterized ONeal as aggressive. Torry Holt Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. David Long Rams Jersey . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic-taylor-rapp-rams-jersey/ . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Greg Gaines Womens Jersey . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Orlando Pace Rams Jersey . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. OLYMPIC STADIUM, London -- Adam Gemili ran a seasons best before insisting he was capable of bringing home a medal from Rio this summer.The British sprinter clocked a time of 20.07 seconds in the 200 metres at Londons Anniversary Games on Friday night, finishing third behind star attraction Usain Bolt and Panamas Alonso Edward.The result came as a welcome boost for Gemili ahead of the Olympic athletics schedule, which gets underway on August 12. The 22-year-old was forced to miss last years World Championships with a hamstring tear that also curtailed his ability to train earlier this season.While the crowd inside the Olympic Stadium were treated to another Bolt victory in his first race back from a hamstring injury, Gemili was adamant he could hold his own against the world record-holder and stand alongside him on the 200m podium in Rio.If Im aiming just to be a lane-filler then thats probably the best Im ever going to get, Gemili told reporters. I have to keep that belief every day that I can go out there and win the gold. As crazy as that sounds with the talent that there is in the world, if I think any other way then Im never going to achieve that.I have to have confidence in my training that Im working as hard as everyone else in the world, and when I do go out and compete, mentally Im very tough and physically Im in good shape. I have the confidence that Ill go out there and medal. Fingers crossed Ill do my best and hopefully we see a medal.Like Bolt, Gemili has been struck by the plague of the hamstring injury, tearing the muscle last June and only returning to competitive action in February this year. He has since been dealing with aches and pains but insisted he was reaching his peak in time for the Olympics.That claim is being backed up by results. He claimed a narrow victory over 200m at the British Championships in June and was part of Great Britains 4x100m quartet that won European gold in Amsterdam earlier this month.The season started off slow, Gemili said. I had a couple of niggles early on and even now Im coming off tthe back of a cold.dddddddddddd. I was looking to get under 20 seconds [on Friday]. That didnt happen, but I was in good company out there. Third place at the Diamond League, Im happy with it.You want to be running your fastest times in Rio. Theres no point running your fastest times in April, May or June. Ill go away and work, then hopefully be peaking for Rio. Ill give it my best shot and, whatever position that gets me to, hopefully everyones entertained and happy.Bolt was back to race in the stadium where he claimed three golds at London 2012 and, while he didnt quite look his fluent best, the Jamaican cruised home as the only man to break the 20 second mark on the fast, freshly-laid track.Gemili admitted it was a privilege to race alongside the Olympic and World champion, although he was shunted out to lane eight while Bolt enjoyed centre stage two inside him. The Jamaican will be targeting an historic triple-triple of golds in Rio and his British challenger was eager to soak up some of his star power in London.[Bolts] been there, hes done it all, Gemili said. Hes an Olympic gold medalist, defended it, a world record-holder. You just see the way he conducts himself. Hes a very different stature to me, so maybe his technique in running the 200 is different to mine, but mentally you dont get a tougher athlete.Its his first 200 of the season and to run sub-20 is phenomenal. You can always learn and Im very lucky to be in that period where he is competing before he does end up retiring. Maybe then I can go and get into my peak. If youre racing in the same race as Usain Bolt, youre in a good place.I was in lane eight here, out of the way. They said let the big man get in the middle and let him be by himself! But I prepare for any lane that Im running in, whoevers inside or outside me -- Usain, Justin Gatlin, whoevers in that final. I do my best to focus on my own race and execute to the best of my ability. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz